CoH Plot Moreya - Can't Add Pilot?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dunkah
x4

Re: CoH Plot Moreya - Can't Add Pilot?

Post by dunkah » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 17:48

yes, I completed the storyline and the ship is still not able to have a captain.
Spoiler
Show
I destroyed the big device and told hq they were no threat.

So I am fairly confident the ship should either be normal at this state, or still have a working cloak. Which it does not.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:22

Not sure if we technically need these as it is the Spoiler forum after all. However...
Spoiler
Show
For me, the Moreya's disguise ability stopped working the moment the Amplifier Station was destroyed. Then, when I later docked at the Yaki Station I was constantly under fire from the Xenon Shipyard that's right next to it it in my game.

Then, when Haile Shinamon in his ship Gumption's Gambit joined my Faction, he's right outside the Yaki Station at the time, so the Xenon Shipyard opens fire on him too. He did manage to dock - I suspect his ship cannot die at this stage - and the Xenon station stopped trying to shoot him. However, shots hit the Yaki Station while it was attempting to shoot Haile, which agro'd the Yaki station meaning it started shooting the Xenon. I fled piloting Gumption's Gambit myself to escape, before teleporting back to retrieve the Moreya. However, just as I clicked to teleport, the Moreya though still docked was destroyed even though the dock was still intact. In the end, the Xenon destroyed the Yaki station, and there's no way I can retrieve my reward from the spawned loot boxes without a substantial fleet.

Basically, initially, despite destruction of the Amplifier Station, YAK ship remain neutral to the Xenon. However, as their fixed rep appears to be -10, they will agro each other if hit enough, which is what happened.

I hope the Yaki station respawns...it was quite an interesting plot line and I don't know if there was any more to it or not. I had hoped to be able to pick up some Yaki ships.

Scoob.

MaverickRUS
x4

Post by MaverickRUS » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 10:22

Interesting, now that makes sense, in combination with camouflage missions.
I have exactly the same issue with my Katana - which, of course, gets the same camo module.
I wonder if the lock gets removed if I progress further down that plot.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 13:35

I had a similar problem with the Katana (after destroying the Xenon amp) and can't remember what I did to fix it.
While docked, I think I entered the pilot seat, undocked/docked, exited the pilot seat, teleported out and on the next game restart I could assign a captain.

MaverickRUS
x4

Post by MaverickRUS » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:25

Alright, basically after Yaki plot ended my Katana (that was parked elsewhere) got "fixed" - I could now assign a captain normally.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”