CoH Plot Moreya - Can't Add Pilot?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duke Flipside
x4

CoH Plot Moreya - Can't Add Pilot?

Post by Duke Flipside » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:11

I don't seem to be able to add a pilot/captain to the Moreya I retrieved from the asteroid base; whenever I try to transfer crew the "Captain" option doesn't show up, only Marines/Service Crew - and promoting one of them once transferred doesn't work either. (Nor am I able to give it orders without a Pilot).

Has anyone else encountered this - is it something intentional, related to the plot? Or is it just an odd bug?

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: CoH Plot Moreya - Can't Add Pilot?

Post by Gimbutz » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 10:45

That's deliberate to avoid the complications of giving orders to ships that appear as part of a different faction.

Duke Flipside
x4

Post by Duke Flipside » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:30

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying; makes sense, but quite frustrating all the same! (Especially as I've yet to unlock the transporter and my main ship is a very slow Katana...)

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 18:40

Duke Flipside wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:11
Has anyone else encountered this - is it something intentional, related to the plot? Or is it just an odd bug?
This is plot-related.
Spoiler
Show
The "Geometric Owl" is infected with Xenon AGI ("Expeditionary AI Core #7") and it ("she"?) blocks access to anyone except "Pilot #3" (that would be you).
Finish the plot chain and you shall be granted full access to the "Geometric Owl".

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 02:08

Alm888 wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 18:40
Duke Flipside wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:11
This is plot-related.
Spoiler
Show
The "Geometric Owl" is infected with Xenon AGI ("Expeditionary AI Core #7") and it ("she"?) blocks access to anyone except "Pilot #3" (that would be you).
Finish the plot chain and you shall be granted full access to the "Geometric Owl".
That's a different Moreya, the one the OP is referring to can't have a Pilot assigned to it, you have to pilot it yourself (which is not a bad thing, I gave it 4 Yaki Engineers for crew besides me as the pilot). It's part of the Yaki story.

See Gimbutz reply above.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Pedrotitan

Post by Pedrotitan » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:22

You can pilot it??

when I try to get inside it say that is not possible to dock. I already did the scan leak.

pmitchell48

Post by pmitchell48 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:44

Pedrotitan wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:22
You can pilot it??

when I try to get inside it say that is not possible to dock. I already did the scan leak.
you have to be in your spacesuit to request to dock it's an s size ship.

pmitchell48

Post by pmitchell48 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:52

I just started x4 in Feb on the Young Gun start. When the update came out the Segaris Pioneers showed up at my headquarters and started this quest line not the yaki so I am guessing it all depends on which start you took it plays out differently at the start but are the same basically?

Pedrotitan

Post by Pedrotitan » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 05:43

pmitchell48 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:44
Pedrotitan wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:22
You can pilot it??

you have to be in your spacesuit to request to dock it's an s size ship.
Yes I'm in a spacesuit but when I press the docking request button to open the hatch says a message that I'm unable to dock... Maybe it's a bug?

I don't have the teleport yet

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 06:34

pmitchell48 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 04:52
I just started x4 in Feb on the Young Gun start. When the update came out the Segaris Pioneers showed up at my headquarters and started this quest line not the yaki so I am guessing it all depends on which start you took it plays out differently at the start but are the same basically?
There are 2 plot-Moreya's, you probably haven't gotten to the 2nd one yet.
The 2nd one is the one that doesn't allow a Pilot.

liquidsteal
x4

Post by liquidsteal » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 03:51

my morea had some critters on the hatch i had to pop with my repair laser then i got the option to dock

dunkah
x4

Post by dunkah » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 00:44

Same issue, it makes sense for the plot reasons with the "cloak". However after you finish the quest that no longer functions, and you still cannot give it a captain, so not the most useful thing anymore.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 07:51

dunkah wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 00:44
Same issue, it makes sense for the plot reasons with the "cloak". However after you finish the quest that no longer functions, and you still cannot give it a captain, so not the most useful thing anymore.
Apparently, it is possible to keep the "cloak" even after finishing.
It all depends on how you finish?

dunkah
x4

Post by dunkah » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 10:11

Ah, well I must have finished in one of the ways that doesn't allow it. Unless there is some keybind? It seemed to be automatic in the missions.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 10:15

dunkah wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 10:11
Ah, well I must have finished in one of the ways that doesn't allow it. Unless there is some keybind? It seemed to be automatic in the missions.
No keybind.

Will place a hint here (Not tested the right outcome yet, but from what I heard it should work):
Spoiler
Show
It's dependent on a very big device near the YAKI station

dunkah
x4

Post by dunkah » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 17:48

yes, I completed the storyline and the ship is still not able to have a captain.
Spoiler
Show
I destroyed the big device and told hq they were no threat.

So I am fairly confident the ship should either be normal at this state, or still have a working cloak. Which it does not.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 16:22

Not sure if we technically need these as it is the Spoiler forum after all. However...
Spoiler
Show
For me, the Moreya's disguise ability stopped working the moment the Amplifier Station was destroyed. Then, when I later docked at the Yaki Station I was constantly under fire from the Xenon Shipyard that's right next to it it in my game.

Then, when Haile Shinamon in his ship Gumption's Gambit joined my Faction, he's right outside the Yaki Station at the time, so the Xenon Shipyard opens fire on him too. He did manage to dock - I suspect his ship cannot die at this stage - and the Xenon station stopped trying to shoot him. However, shots hit the Yaki Station while it was attempting to shoot Haile, which agro'd the Yaki station meaning it started shooting the Xenon. I fled piloting Gumption's Gambit myself to escape, before teleporting back to retrieve the Moreya. However, just as I clicked to teleport, the Moreya though still docked was destroyed even though the dock was still intact. In the end, the Xenon destroyed the Yaki station, and there's no way I can retrieve my reward from the spawned loot boxes without a substantial fleet.

Basically, initially, despite destruction of the Amplifier Station, YAK ship remain neutral to the Xenon. However, as their fixed rep appears to be -10, they will agro each other if hit enough, which is what happened.

I hope the Yaki station respawns...it was quite an interesting plot line and I don't know if there was any more to it or not. I had hoped to be able to pick up some Yaki ships.

Scoob.

MaverickRUS
x4

Post by MaverickRUS » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 10:22

Interesting, now that makes sense, in combination with camouflage missions.
I have exactly the same issue with my Katana - which, of course, gets the same camo module.
I wonder if the lock gets removed if I progress further down that plot.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 13:35

I had a similar problem with the Katana (after destroying the Xenon amp) and can't remember what I did to fix it.
While docked, I think I entered the pilot seat, undocked/docked, exited the pilot seat, teleported out and on the next game restart I could assign a captain.

MaverickRUS
x4

Post by MaverickRUS » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 11:25

Alright, basically after Yaki plot ended my Katana (that was parked elsewhere) got "fixed" - I could now assign a captain normally.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”