Can you Terraform for the Terrans?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Exitialis101

Can you Terraform for the Terrans?

Post by Exitialis101 » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 15:17

Can you do any Terraforming that will benefit the Terrans? Like Terraform Mars for example?
Hammerhead Launched
Support NPC Friendly FIre Tweaks:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=435850

Karvat
x4

Re: Can you Terraform for the Terrans?

Post by Karvat » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 15:51

:doh: :doh: :doh:

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:32

I think you can only do this for PIO.

Mars is already colonized with bilions of population, so it might not be a good terraforming candidate.
Venus would be good and I think Titan also has in sector description that it was considered for Terranforming.

It would be good if Egosoft added Venus and Titan Terraforming for TER.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 12:36

Doesn't terraforming take sunlight in account?
I mean if there is to much sunlight it would be hard to terraform that planet right?
You can't live on a planet thats to hot or to cold.

Other sectors always have 100% sunlight but thats not the case for terrans so I wonder if this would be an important factor or not?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:07

Waltz99 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 12:36
I mean if there is to much sunlight it would be hard to terraform that planet right?

Other sectors always have 100% sunlight but thats not the case for terrans so I wonder if this would be an important factor or not?
You can artificially boost or reduce sunlight with present day know technologies like solar shades for Venus and solar mirrors for Titan.

Raistlain
x4

Post by Raistlain » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 01:48

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:07
Waltz99 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 12:36

You can artificially boost or reduce sunlight with present day know technologies like solar shades for Venus and solar mirrors for Titan.
Exactly. I think this would be a really neat addition. Might have a reward of "unknown" where in reality the terrana dislike you but PIO likes you or something.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 07:38

IMO Venus Terraforming reward should be unification of Terran and PIO.
The whole Pioneer initiative was that they were people who didn't had any future perspective in Sol and could not settle in Earth or Mars.
Having whole new planet would ease tensions and unify Terrans.

Terranforming Titan as second industry center (after Mars) would futher boost Terran economy and navy (e.g. spawn more military jobs and possibly unlock Asgard and Syn back in official production).

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 02:36

Please let us do the and Getsu Fune, Frontier Edge, and Atiyas Fortune Terraforming projects for the TERRANS rather than Antigone. Quite a few people will have triggered the ANT/TER war, so that these sectors are under Terran control. Makes no sense to then terraform on behalf of ANT.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Thu, 29. Apr 21, 18:51

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:32
I think you can only do this for PIO.

Mars is already colonized with bilions of population, so it might not be a good terraforming candidate.
Venus would be good and I think Titan also has in sector description that it was considered for Terranforming.

It would be good if Egosoft added Venus and Titan Terraforming for TER.
According to the Encyclopedia, Mars has a single city (Twelvetowns) inside Valles Marineris with the population of 120 million. So despite my hopes, the terraforming of Mars will sadly never happen in the X universe, unless they retcon this or create a mission for relocating 120 million people along the industry created there in the last 800 years from the future seabed (assuming terraformation would include restoration of massive amounts of water to the surface), which is very unlikely. Huge missed opportunity if you ask me, and honestly the lore regarding this baffles me. 800 years with the technology available in the X universe, and they go for creating a tropic climate on freaking Eris of all places instead of Mars. :roll:

Otherwise I support being able to terraform Venus, its the next best candidate after Mars. Titan is just a frozen ball of rocket fuel :P

Edit: BTW according to the Encyclopedia:
In Earth years 2881, an attempt to terraform Venus did
begin. Several platforms were placed in the upper atmo‐
sphere, held aloft by massive gas-filled balloons, from which
a conventional terraforming project is being driven. The total
time for completion is estimated to be 2,500 years.
We just need to accelerate it a bit, Boso can do that. 8)

Edit 2: The in-game Encyclopedia doesn't mention anything about the terraformation attempt on Venus... :gruebel:

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 3. May 21, 15:02

I would love to terraform the earth and mars into wastelands, so TER could just die off already. They're the absolute worst of humanity. Deserving of a quick death every playthrough, once i have bought their ship blueprints.

So yes, please add destructive terraforming to TER space!

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Mon, 3. May 21, 21:05

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 15:02
I would love to terraform the earth and mars into wastelands, so TER could just die off already. They're the absolute worst of humanity. Deserving of a quick death every playthrough, once i have bought their ship blueprints.

I think you just need to relax. The Protectorate arranges regular free trips for our poor Argon brothers and sisters to one of its resorts on Io! It must be amazing because I heard that no Argon wanted to leave since the program was started! I think you should sign up! :mrgreen:

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 3. May 21, 22:07

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 15:02

Argons try to silence Brennan to not speak about that Earth survived to the xenons in X-BTF.
Argons betrayed and sell the Brennans to the Paranid in X3 Reunion.
Argons works with the Beryll in X3AP, that lead to the 2nd terraformer war.
For the X4 Terran secret service plot, regardless of the end that you select, we know that the Argons have some shady business in Antigone territory.

Argon government is as bad as the Terran government, is not worst. The only decent humans of X4 are the Antigone and the Pioneers.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 4. May 21, 14:41

Yeah, while the terrans are not exactly the nicest and most diplomatic faction they do have a good reason for why they are behaving the way they do.

I mean how exactly was earth reconnected with the argons? Oh yeah a jumpgate was moved to earth and on the other side was a massive battle ongoing in which both PAR and ARG were losing badly. -> So first reconnect was with a hostile fleet right at their door.
Then they learned that the commonwealth is working with AGI tech. While still having huge problems with xenons. So the terrans did not forget from what the xenons evolved but ARG clearly did. Not exactly very reasuring for the terrans.
They "offered" (in the classic gunboat diplomacy approach: either you do or we are going to send in the military) help to check the AGI tech and were declined.
Then their Torus, a defensive installation got they got attacked by NEW xenon.

Is anyone really surprised that TER went into full agression mode at that point? Exactly the thing they feared the most and wanted to prevent was happening: Another type of xenon attacked earth because of the commonwealth actions.

On the other side a lot of actions from ARG also made a sad amount of sense: You are likly going to war with a vastly superior enemy and the only advantage you have is numbers because of AGI ships and they want you to give that up? Not really going to happen. And if they have a massive defense instalation making any attacks on them virtually impossible while allowing them to focus on full offense: Makes sense to destroy that...

Caedmon87
x4

Post by Caedmon87 » Sun, 9. May 21, 17:32

True, both TER and ARG did "bad things" in the past, but now after the reactivation of the Gates, instead of trying to find a solution,
the TER just think about domination. Of course, their priority is still to defeat the Xenon, but is weakening the other Factions a good way?

So i decided in the Plot to inform the ANT and ARG, because like Del said, otherwise the TER will find another way.
That they went into a full war, well that was just dumb. But in generell, not my fault. :P :wink:

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 9. May 21, 18:19

Caedmon87 wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 17:32
True, both TER and ARG did "bad things" in the past, but now after the reactivation of the Gates, instead of trying to find a solution,
the TER just think about domination. Of course, their priority is still to defeat the Xenon, but is weakening the other Factions a good way?

So i decided in the Plot to inform the ANT and ARG, because like Del said, otherwise the TER will find another way.
That they went into a full war, well that was just dumb. But in generell, not my fault. :P :wink:
Yes, Terrans are looking about weakening the Argons, but at the same time, that the data that you steal can lead the Antigones to cut ties with the Argons, means that the Argons are conducting some shady business in Antigone territory, surely to annex the faction if we keep in mind the news that you get is you select the neutral path.

At the end, both, Terrans and Argons are thinking about domination. Both governments are the same crap.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”