Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:36

Haile spawns at the Yaki HQ and makes a beeline to the Secret Service HQ. That one is always in Mars, unless there's no terran station left in that sector, in which case it will be in one of the adjacent sectors, and so forth. Hale's modded Kuraokami is also really fast, but you only have to hit him once to get him to stop.

If you've observed something different and have a save game where it's about to happen, I'd be happy to take a look.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:33

:thumb_up: I'm going to go through it again, will make some good saves prior to it and see what happens this time .. If I don't get back just means I couldn't repro - Glad I have good strafing stats for the upcoming encounter, those modified Nemesis look potentially awesome.

Edit: I think I may have done this in a way that put me at a disadvantage the first time, I laid the beacons in order so that the furthest away was last, and made it nearly to jumping out of Mars when the message from the Terrans arrived, he must have just jumped in and pipped me at the post.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 09:58

Gimbutz wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:36
~ but you only have to hit him once to get him to stop.
How I wish I had kept beam weapons on the Moreya :D

Anyway to conclude : This part of the MAD mission is nails, but can be done. I would recommend making a save just before you drop the last beacon.
You have to drop the beacons in the order otherwise you lose the guidance areas of where to drop them, which means you do end up in Earth and as you drop the last one Haile then makes a bee line for snitching on you ..

.. at which point you need to make like the proverbial bat out of hell to get to Ghetsu Fune before he does.

Then you have a brief chance as he zooms past you at travel speed circa 7000 to hit him with that one shot which will stop him.

His Kuraokami had my hull down to about 25% in no time, so I just led him around keeping out of range and called in my modified Nemesis, teleported to that and took him down.
Unfortunately the Moreya was killed while it was sitting pilotless, but I still have the Owl .. And more importantly for my game situation at the moment, remain friends with the Terrans plus received Blueprints from the Yaki on completion.

So it is doable, but honestly I think most everyone who does this for the first time does not stand a cat in hells chance of doing this successfully without any hindsight into what's involved (unless they read this post).
I think I may have misread the brief about his destination and didn't set off fast enough the very first time I tried this, and he reached the goal sector just before I could get to him.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 21:40

So just so I'm clear, the ONLY advantage of giving the Litigious Rodent to Boso is that you get to keep the ship? Is that right?

Seems like a LOT of risk to ensure you don't lose rep with the Terran for a small fighter. I already have the Geometric Owl.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 01:15

Yeah, always take the Terran route.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Arch_Angel259
x4

Post by Arch_Angel259 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 03:11

Is anyone able to confirm any results from placing the Nav Beacons?

Do the Yaki ever use them?

Is there a Xenon invasion into Terran space?

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 11:17

soladept wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 01:32
Reporting the Yaki as a threat gives you the Intervention War mission, which waypoints to the commander of the task force sent to destroy the Yaki Base. The commanding ship is an Asgard, which after gathering the task force will proceed to Tharkas and head to Savage Spur, pausing to fight XEN stations between gates and accellerators. I havent completed this yet on my Save Fork to see if theres additional rewards.
Except in my case the fleet never made it. But the Syn you get is more than enough to solo the mission and destroy both the amplifier, the Yaki base and all the Xenon and Yaki ships that try to stop you. Also your old pal with the girly name and the augmentation joins you in the fight along some other traitorous self-hating Yaki. And after it is done, he joins you with his heavily modified ship and starts calling you Sir. Also 9 lockboxes spawn around the destroyed amplifier after you destroy the Yaki base (it is part of the mission to pick them up so you can't miss them) They contain 10 of some paint mod and a bunch of other loot. And basically that's it. Oh and I was at +20 rep with the Terrans before I started this mission, and I'm at +24 now.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 07:52

Well, I gave the data to the Terrans and so far that's it?! No more missions? Other than getting $$$ and 4 ships, and other miscellaneous missions, this main mission appears to be complete?

babayZ
x4

Post by babayZ » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 01:41

ezoniroel wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:00
Hi all !
Just a little question ...
How do you destroy the amplifier ??
I'm with the Katana, tried 5 or 6 time and always failed (being shot).
the only things i can destroy are the 3 tubes/connections between the center and the 3 separate pieces ...
You can drop a laser tower near each each of 3 part. They will do the thing.
I've got here with a Falx carrying the Moreya. :) And had no problems destroying the amplifier.
Though, the falx didn't receive the disguise.

babayZ
x4

Post by babayZ » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:12

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:45
Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 10:56
~
Gimbutz just another possible hitch with the Yaki MAD side of this.

I played that out and Haille sets off to tell the Terrans.
I am pretty sure when you get the message he is making a bee line for the Terrans it says something like stop him before he reaches The Moon or Earth? (cant remember)

In my case he didn't even get there, it was pretty soon after he entered the Sol system that I got a video message from Delilah that I "was going to regret this"

At which point the Terrans turned really hostile.

Thing is I was in the Moreya (modified with Slingshot) and using Travel drive while coaxing its nose round to the next sector gate .. In other words, going like a bat out of hell to get out of the system and intercept the target I had Guidance set to. I managed this better than the race you have to do in the early X4 Foundations game.

Are we actually supposed to be able to get him, or is this a bug. I suspect a bug because I have never been able to move so fast until I tried this modified moreya, its ridiculously fast like the old Starburst in a previous X game.

I do not have a save to show you unfortunately due to going back and overwriting what I have already done. But I feel I was unfairly given a massive down rep with the Terrans when I fully expected to intercept him well before his destination.

The only other way I could have possibly done this would have been to have pre-emptively had a ship sat in Ghetsu Fune to teleport into and blast him before he gets into the Sol system, which means the player can only do this in hindsight knowing where to set things up.

Edit: Might be worth mentioning I did 'The Smoking Gun' first, I told the Terrans a lie, did not start 'Save them from themselves' at all, and went straight into MAD
I did the "Smoking gun" first, started 'Save them from themselves' and did the MAD in a modded Falx. I've managed to catch him right when he entered Asteroid Belt. Killed him. no problems with terrans.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:24

The Terran assignation missions are a pain because the enemy ship is really fast and either you need to modify your engine to MK3, anticipate where they are going, or use a mod. I used the jump mod which creates an anomaly for me to instantly be ahead of him and terminate him to complete the mission.

sulkcorker96

Post by sulkcorker96 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:58

Has anyone reached a Heart for Pirates?

some prerequisites:
- finished Hatikvah plot
- recieve a message from Boso Ta later and Dal Busta is now the Boron's roomate.

A heart for pirates
- after you choose not to tell the Yaki on the Terrans;
- destroy the amplifier PROVIDED you have finished the Hatikvah plot and Dal Busta is now roomates with Boso Ta;
-- (as many have said the bigger your ship the quicker you deal with the amplifier, at this point I have boarded 12 Asgards and constructed 4 more plus 1 heavily
modified personal Asgard. Its XL main battery melts it.)
- Be sure to escape and not kill any other Yaki to not lower rep with them (since i was using an Asgard, i just disarmed and cruised to a gate while getting tickled);
- Yaki leader will call moments later or after you escaped (again since i used an Asgard, i did not get a chance to leave since i was so slow and received the call
immediately.)
- Yaki leader forgive you and says destroying the amplifier is for the better. but pesky xenon prevents them from flourishing. Dal Busta crashed the call and gets
called a clown by the Yaki leader.
--(at this point, you should be +22 rep with yaki and IMMEDIATELY get rank from representative and buy the blueprints for the kuraokami and moreya, in case This quest gets stuck, one of the reasons for this post)
- Shannon Haile ask you to fly and joins you with the modified kuraokami, a visually and mechanically modified nemesis.
- Dal Busta talks to you afterwards and propose ABSOLUTE GENOCIDE of the Xenon on all of Tharka's Cascade (both sub-sectors), Matrix #79B, and Savage Spur 1 & 2.
- To others this may take a while, but did i mention an armada of Asgards in my disposal? anyway cleared EVERYTHING i could see, and even explored 1000km radius just be sure. but...

the problem
- like with many X game plots in my experience, you can get stuck.
- i created patrols to see any crafts left to destroy but NOTHING.
- the Antigone have already set a foothold on savage spur 1 and i am afraid they will get destroyed.
- i just want to see them flourish and can be traded with...

conclusion
- I'm stuck and anyone who have finished this part know what i am missing or something? much appreciated.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 11:18

sulkcorker96 wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:58
[...]

- I'm stuck and anyone who have finished this part know what i am missing or something? much appreciated.
There's currently a bug (fixed in an upcoming update) where the mission appears to remain in your mission manager even though you've aborted it. In that state, the objective can't be completed, but you can talk to Dal Busta in person to properly accept the mission again.

If that doesn't fix it for you, could you upload your save and link it in a new topic in the Technical Support forum?

sulkcorker96

Post by sulkcorker96 » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 13:43

Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 11:18
sulkcorker96 wrote:
[...]

There's currently a bug (fixed in an upcoming update) where the mission appears to remain in your mission manager even though you've aborted it. In that state, the objective can't be completed, but you can talk to Dal Busta in person to properly accept the mission again.

If that doesn't fix it for you, could you upload your save and link it in a new topic in the Technical Support forum?
- thanks, will try to upload my save but probably wait for the update

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 02:02

Arch_Angel259 wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 03:11
Is anyone able to confirm any results from placing the Nav Beacons?

Do the Yaki ever use them?

Is there a Xenon invasion into Terran space?
I placed the beacons. There can be a Xenon invasion, but it is triggered by you, not the computer. Once the mission is complete, you can return to the Yaki quest giver and tell her when you want the invasion to happen now (and you get a steam achievement). This way you can coordinate your efforts.

I read what technically goes on is a Xenon I is spawned somewhere (I assume in Savage Spur but can not verify), and then all existing nearby Xenon ships are assigned to that I as subordinates and they attack the Terrans. So the strength of the invasion is highly dependent upon your specific game save. If there are loads of Xenon it will be strong, if there are none it may just be a single I. So choose your timing wisely.

henron
x4

Post by henron » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 10:33

sulkcorker96 wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 13:43
Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 11:18
sulkcorker96 wrote:
[...]

- thanks, will try to upload my save but probably wait for the update
Just finished that mission myself and had some trouble finding the last xenon stations that had to be destroyed. I realized you wouldn't have any mission guidance (that golden path) when being somewhere OUTSIDE the sectors listed in the mission briefing. As soon as you are inside any of those sectors (Savage Spur 1/2, Matrix, Tarkas Cascade) you will receive guidance to remaining stations (they even have a golden exclamation mark on top of them. I think this happened for me once there were 5 or less stations left) . This was not obvious to me as I was in Getsu Fune most of the time and tried to avoid going IS as long as my fleets were fighting. However, by teleporting to Savage Spur I was able to find the remaining station (solar power plant) somewhere in Tarkas Cascade by following the mission guidance.

Sounds like you were checking those sectors by yourself so the above probably won't help (especially if a related bug is already known). But in case you didn't go to any of those sectors yet, you should give it a try.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Wed, 12. May 21, 10:45

Ah, as I much as I hate Spoilers, the plots in X4 are designed in a way that I feel forced to spoil them for myself, cause wrong choice can permanently "ruin" the save for me - and I consider X games to be long-playthrough ones, so that sucks.

Any pros and cons to picking Moreya or Katana? I know that Katana triggers a scripted fight but any other benefit, really? Any reputation changes or anything?
I have Geometric Owl Moreya already, but then Katana is not really special either.
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:28

Depends. If you don't side with Yaki, a second Moreya might be worth it to you. If you haven't done the PIO questline it would be your first Moreya, in which case it is quite handy to have such a super-fast ship for further quests.
Besides all that, it is almost always better to take the Katana.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:35

TehGM wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 10:45
Ah, as I much as I hate Spoilers, the plots in X4 are designed in a way that I feel forced to spoil them for myself, cause wrong choice can permanently "ruin" the save for me - and I consider X games to be long-playthrough ones, so that sucks.

Any pros and cons to picking Moreya or Katana? I know that Katana triggers a scripted fight but any other benefit, really? Any reputation changes or anything?
I have Geometric Owl Moreya already, but then Katana is not really special either.
Iirc the Rodent thing has a paintjob that they give you 10 of at the end, or you can go cap one.
While the Katana has a paintjob you cannot otherwise get. Not sure if you can cap one though.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:26

Ah. I play with mods, so I can buy all paintjobs in the game for 10cr each. And I also have ship recycling mod, so I could just capture moreyas until I unlock the blueprint.

Guess it's better for me to take Katana then. Thanks!
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”