Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ChrisF0001
x4

Re: Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Post by ChrisF0001 » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 13:41

ezoniroel wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:36
Thank's Dude !
But ... what did u shoot at ?
The central "rock" with the red crystals, the red crystals themselves ? The 3 structures around ?
'cause i've tried to sneak and shoot the central piece with no result ... can't even see the life bar of the amplifier ...
When I did it the three structures around seemed to be the 'important' bits (i.e. the modules). WIth all three destroyed the mission advanced.

As to how, however... Well the first time I was there, I had only the tiny 'cloaking' Yaki ship (Moreyna?). No way was I going to be able to destroy a station plus the rest of the enemies with only that and some random wingmen, so I bailed to come back later. It's a decision fork, there's no specific time limit, right?

Came back later with a Katana (no cloaking this time). And a K was parked there. Again, Nope.

Came back again with an Oddy (technically the 'free' one, although I did have the HOP rep to buy its weapons). The K was still a bit annoying (perhaps I should have brought a Rattlesnake instead), but the official fight was trivial at that point. :)

Stadle

Post by Stadle » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:22

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 07:07

Operative plot:
This one rewards you with three choice at the end.

1) hand over the data to Terran
Argon and ANT will stop trading to each other. They won’t be at war. This makes them weaker to Xenon incursion and more vulnerable to HOP invasions.

2) hand over the information to Argon
This is the war option between TER and ARG/ANT.

3) destroy the data
No relations will change.
So, is by 2 a War or not? TER vs ARG/ANT?

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:23

Simon84s wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 09:54
1) Handing over the data to Terran, also gives you 15 000 000 credits.
I only got 10,8m Credits for this.

So the payout can be different, the question is: Why?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

vertauris
x4

Post by vertauris » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 16:09

at which step and where should i get 10 armored lockboxes reward? ive did the story with Yak base being destroyed by spear of odin but got nothing. im after hotfix2 and still nothing

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 18:11

Stadle wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:22
rene6740 wrote:

Operative plot:

Argon and ANT will stop trading to each other. They won’t be at war. This makes them weaker to Xenon incursion and more vulnerable to HOP invasions.

3) destroy the data
So, is by 2 a War or not? TER vs ARG/ANT?
Yes that will start a war between Arg/Ant and TER. It‘ll take some time until it kicks in though, as mentioned by Dal/mission message.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 19:16

i've read somewhere at reddit that one of the terran plots rewards you with an asgard battleship at the end!

is this true or was this guy trolling?

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 19:31

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:23
Simon84s wrote:

A dev answered on discord, 15 million is the maximum amount you get. The payment can be lower depending on your performance.

I.e.
- How you manage the border control in ANT space
- Successfully managing to follow the repair ship

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 20:35

Berni wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 19:16
i've read somewhere at reddit that one of the terran plots rewards you with an asgard battleship at the end!

is this true or was this guy trolling?
What you definetely will get is a Syn-class destroyer, although that is part of the Yaki/Terran plot.

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

ichduerssies
x4

Post by ichduerssies » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:53

rene6740 wrote:

Operative plot:

3) destroy the data
where/how do i get this plot? i could use 10-15 mio credits right now :)
basically i'm finished with terran cadet and genesis plot (all thats left is the yaki base)

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 11:01

ichduerssies wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:53
rene6740 wrote:

Operative plot:

3) destroy the data
where/how do i get this plot? i could use 10-15 mio credits right now :)
basically i'm finished with terran cadet and genesis plot (all thats left is the yaki base)
You get it from Delilah. It’s the Covert Operative one.

Thurak
x4

Post by Thurak » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 15:07

According to this here:

https://preview.redd.it/prdx97bvbno61.p ... 7499564265

the Covert Operations plot may have four outcomes?!? Is there anything to it, because An ARG vs ANT war sounds exactly right for my current game; if it is possible to get I would love to know how. I tried the other three options, and was especially hoping for an escalation opportunity in the ARG vs ANT trade war path, but it didn't happen.

Nigjthaunt

Post by Nigjthaunt » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:20

On the final Yaki mission - I take it someone at Egosoft is a fan of 40K, with a character Rowboat Gorillaman I assume for Roboute Guilliman?

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:50

Tamina wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 19:31
Tamina wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 15:23
Simon84s wrote:

A dev answered on discord, 15 million is the maximum amount you get. The payment can be lower depending on your performance.

I.e.
- How you manage the border control in ANT space
- Successfully managing to follow the repair ship
lure the destroyer to a hop staton and the station will kill it for you and you get the kill state and 15 mill credits. and best of all no rep lost either.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 10:56

Nigjthaunt wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:20
On the final Yaki mission - I take it someone at Egosoft is a fan of 40K, with a character Rowboat Gorillaman I assume for Roboute Guilliman?
Peter Turbo just didn't quite fit as a ship name.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:45

Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 10:56
~
Gimbutz just another possible hitch with the Yaki MAD side of this.

I played that out and Haille sets off to tell the Terrans.
I am pretty sure when you get the message he is making a bee line for the Terrans it says something like stop him before he reaches The Moon or Earth? (cant remember)

In my case he didn't even get there, it was pretty soon after he entered the Sol system that I got a video message from Delilah that I "was going to regret this"

At which point the Terrans turned really hostile.

Thing is I was in the Moreya (modified with Slingshot) and using Travel drive while coaxing its nose round to the next sector gate .. In other words, going like a bat out of hell to get out of the system and intercept the target I had Guidance set to. I managed this better than the race you have to do in the early X4 Foundations game.

Are we actually supposed to be able to get him, or is this a bug. I suspect a bug because I have never been able to move so fast until I tried this modified moreya, its ridiculously fast like the old Starburst in a previous X game.

I do not have a save to show you unfortunately due to going back and overwriting what I have already done. But I feel I was unfairly given a massive down rep with the Terrans when I fully expected to intercept him well before his destination.

The only other way I could have possibly done this would have been to have pre-emptively had a ship sat in Ghetsu Fune to teleport into and blast him before he gets into the Sol system, which means the player can only do this in hindsight knowing where to set things up.

Edit: Might be worth mentioning I did 'The Smoking Gun' first, I told the Terrans a lie, did not start 'Save them from themselves' at all, and went straight into MAD
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:36

Haile spawns at the Yaki HQ and makes a beeline to the Secret Service HQ. That one is always in Mars, unless there's no terran station left in that sector, in which case it will be in one of the adjacent sectors, and so forth. Hale's modded Kuraokami is also really fast, but you only have to hit him once to get him to stop.

If you've observed something different and have a save game where it's about to happen, I'd be happy to take a look.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:33

:thumb_up: I'm going to go through it again, will make some good saves prior to it and see what happens this time .. If I don't get back just means I couldn't repro - Glad I have good strafing stats for the upcoming encounter, those modified Nemesis look potentially awesome.

Edit: I think I may have done this in a way that put me at a disadvantage the first time, I laid the beacons in order so that the furthest away was last, and made it nearly to jumping out of Mars when the message from the Terrans arrived, he must have just jumped in and pipped me at the post.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 09:58

Gimbutz wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:36
~ but you only have to hit him once to get him to stop.
How I wish I had kept beam weapons on the Moreya :D

Anyway to conclude : This part of the MAD mission is nails, but can be done. I would recommend making a save just before you drop the last beacon.
You have to drop the beacons in the order otherwise you lose the guidance areas of where to drop them, which means you do end up in Earth and as you drop the last one Haile then makes a bee line for snitching on you ..

.. at which point you need to make like the proverbial bat out of hell to get to Ghetsu Fune before he does.

Then you have a brief chance as he zooms past you at travel speed circa 7000 to hit him with that one shot which will stop him.

His Kuraokami had my hull down to about 25% in no time, so I just led him around keeping out of range and called in my modified Nemesis, teleported to that and took him down.
Unfortunately the Moreya was killed while it was sitting pilotless, but I still have the Owl .. And more importantly for my game situation at the moment, remain friends with the Terrans plus received Blueprints from the Yaki on completion.

So it is doable, but honestly I think most everyone who does this for the first time does not stand a cat in hells chance of doing this successfully without any hindsight into what's involved (unless they read this post).
I think I may have misread the brief about his destination and didn't set off fast enough the very first time I tried this, and he reached the goal sector just before I could get to him.

Seeker of Sohnen.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 21:40

So just so I'm clear, the ONLY advantage of giving the Litigious Rodent to Boso is that you get to keep the ship? Is that right?

Seems like a LOT of risk to ensure you don't lose rep with the Terran for a small fighter. I already have the Geometric Owl.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 01:15

Yeah, always take the Terran route.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”