Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

soladept
x4

Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Post by soladept » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 01:32

I have been trying to note what rewards the new plots have as I do them, so far I have started as Cadet and an exploring the Yaki plot right now., obvious spoilers. (not documenting credit rewards unless it runs into significant amounts)

Terran Cadet Solborn Milita plot.

After returning to Gestu Fune from Savage Spur your wingmans Gladius is sitting by a Yaki Nav Beacon near the Savage Spur gate, unclaimed, has a signal leak for spacesuit claiming.

Genesis gamestart : WIP

Yaki plot

Distant Shores ship delivery choice, this is the plot step after you find the Moreya in the Asteroid

1. Handing over the Moreya to the TSS gives you a Katana in return, fitted MK 2 with Pulses, shields, engines, thrusters. the Katana gets the Yaki IFF uploaded into it, theres a scripted xenon fight after entering Savage Spur due to the hull not matching Yaki Designs.

2. Havent played through keeping the Moreya yet, but from guesswork and anecdotes you keep it and discover the Yaki IFF on the Moreya.
So far the IFF seems to be lost when I destroy the Amplifier for STFT

Fate of the Yaki Choices, after reaching Yaki station and unlocking the subplots.

Subplots can be mixed and matched to a degree with results for each subplot diverging depending on the pairing and order, can only do two out of three due to Save Them From Themselves and Mutualy Assured Destruction being exclusive to eachother from what I have observed so far.

1. Save Them From Themselves.

Results and Rewards are heavly interwoven with Smoking Gun, I havent fully tested if the order in which you do them has an effect.

First run I destroyed the Amplifer right away, after doing the missions request to leave Savage Spur it pointed me to Smoking Gun, chose the option to report that the Yaki were not organised and a threat and hiding the base.

Rewards were a Rep boost to around 22 (entering savage spur the first time boosted from -30 to 0, then went to -10 during the Amplifier fight from killing the attacking Yaki, rep hits here may be avoidable if you can survive and have your helpers get the killing blows on the Yaki ships. with this rep comes the ability to buy Yaki Ships and blueprints.

Another reward is 9 armored lockboxes with single locks, contents include 10 Violicous paintjobs, several high level seminars, and ship mod compnents up to exceptional quality.

The last reward was Gumptions Gambit, a Kuraokami piloted by Shinamon from the Cadet Plot, I do not know if you get Shinamon from other gamtestarts. The Kuraokami has 5 MK 2 commonwealth M Pulse, 2 ARG M Pulse Turrets, MK2 Par M Shield, Mk3 Arg Combat Engines, and MK3 Combat Thrusters. The ship also has three exceptional modifications preinstalled, Targe, Whirlygig and Nanotube, with some RNG on modification stats. Shinamon as a pilot had 5 piloting and 4 morale.

I went back a save and did a second run with the other Smoking Gun choice, Yaki as a enemy, only reward was Shinamon and Gumptions Gambit.

2. Mutualy Assured Destruction

I havent touched this subplot at all yet, so i have no idea what it rewards other than mass carnage in Sol, I suspect you can pair MAD and Intervention from SG for a big bloodbath.

3. Smoking Gun

Regardless of your report you get a bump of Terran rep, and an unclaimed Syn spawns in upon undocking, the Syn has a signal leak for spacesuit claiming on top of the tower on the upper hull. the Syn is named Delilahs Swansong, comes equipped with main batterys, turrets are TER Bolt, other equipment is MK2 TER shields, MK2 All Round Thrusters and MK1 All Round Engines.

Reporting the Yaki as a threat gives you the Intervention War mission, which waypoints to the commander of the task force sent to destroy the Yaki Base. The commanding ship is an Asgard, which after gathering the task force will proceed to Tharkas and head to Savage Spur, pausing to fight XEN stations between gates and accellerators. I havent completed this yet on my Save Fork to see if theres additional rewards.

Working on or completing MAD before making a report may block getting the Syn, I did notice that MAD was still completable despite choosing intervention, there was no Yaki Rep changes and MAD only vanished after i destroyed the Amplifer on that run. there might be a Yaki Rep shift if Intervention succeeds in trashing the base

New TER/ANT/ARG plot: WIP

New PIO Terraforming plot? : WIP

COH Sector Terraforming Missions: WIP

This is all that I have managed to gather so far. any volunteered information or data in this thread to help document the plot rewards would be much appriciated.

Raevyan
x4

Re: Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 07:07

Yaki plot:
Yaki ship delivery:

1) if you bring the ship to the boron you get to keep it. (Can’t do that, because there is a bug that as son as you activate the cloak the Mission gets in a state you‘re only supposed to be in when this ship is sold or destroyed).

if the yaki ship is sold/destroyed, you have to find the yaki base yourself.

Setting up Nav beacons:
This will earn you rep with the yaki and make you hostile to TER (-27). You will only get the armored lockboxes as reward.

Operative plot:
This one rewards you with three choice at the end.

1) hand over the data to Terran
Argon and ANT will stop trading to each other. They won’t be at war. This makes them weaker to Xenon incursion and more vulnerable to HOP invasions.

2) hand over the information to Argon
This is the war option between TER and ARG/ANT.

3) destroy the data
No relations will change.

Simon84s
x4

Post by Simon84s » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 09:54

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 07:07
Operative plot:
This one rewards you with three choice at the end.

1) hand over the data to Terran
Argon and ANT will stop trading to each other. They won’t be at war. This makes them weaker to Xenon incursion and more vulnerable to HOP invasions.

2) hand over the information to Argon
This is the war option between TER and ARG/ANT.

3) destroy the data
No relations will change.
1) Handing over the data to Terran, also gives you 15 000 000 credits.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:09

you can complete all yaki plot

step 1
i placed the beacon for the swarming xenon against earth
step 2
then i reported to secret services and i did not tell the lady the position of the yaki base
step 3
then i destroyed the xenon thing (actually rhak destroyed for me)

bug
after i placed the beacon, the terran cadet in the kuraokami tried to tell the secret service lady what i did and i kill him (mission objective)
but when i proceded to step 2 he message me again telling that without terran, destroy the xenon thing will be difficult
the dude is still alive in yaki wharf, i cant interact

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:14

rene6740 wrote:
Yaki plot:
Setting up Nav beacons:
This will earn you rep with the yaki and make you hostile to TER (-27). You will only get the armored lockboxes as reward.
i did this in the first place but my rep did not go down

i was hero of the earth at +22 when i complete this step

maybe you fail to kill the kuraokami?

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:02

mediacenter wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:14
rene6740 wrote:
Yaki plot:
Setting up Nav beacons:
i did this in the first place but my rep did not go down

i was hero of the earth at +22 when i complete this step

maybe you fail to kill the kuraokami?
Yeah I didn’t kill the kurokami in time.

Vilmu
x4

Post by Vilmu » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 16:12

soladept wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 01:32
the Syn has a signal leak for spacesuit claiming on top of the tower on the upper hull
Got any screenshots of where exactly? I've been circling around this thing for an hour now in both my ship and spacesuit and can't seem find the leak... :(
edit: either leaks are bugged on it (4.0-HF1B1), or it's because I've not earned the right to buy them yet so can't claim it without damaging some modules.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 17:20

Vilmu wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 16:12
soladept wrote:
the Syn has a signal leak for spacesuit claiming on top of the tower on the upper hull
Got any screenshots of where exactly? I've been circling around this thing for an hour now in both my ship and spacesuit and can't seem find the leak... :(
edit: either leaks are bugged on it (4.0-HF1B1), or it's because I've not earned the right to buy them yet so can't claim it without damaging some modules.
if i remember correctly is directly behind cockpit near the landing pad

Zilo

Post by Zilo » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:30

mediacenter wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 17:20
Vilmu wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 16:12
soladept wrote:
if i remember correctly is directly behind cockpit near the landing pad
I can't find it either. I can see the hatch on top of the ship but no noise or sparkles.
https://i.postimg.cc/vmbRtx98/Delilah.png
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 20. Mar 21, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

1234boo75
x4

Post by 1234boo75 » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 00:20

The Yaki quest reward seems a bit. Bad compaired to the terran in this plot line unless i am missing something
access to the two yaki ships. Loss of access to the terran and the terran go to war with you?

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 12:40

1234boo75 wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 00:20
The Yaki quest reward seems a bit. Bad compaired to the terran in this plot line unless i am missing something
access to the two yaki ships. Loss of access to the terran and the terran go to war with you?
no, if you fail an objective the terran turns on you

the objective is kill someone that snitch on you if you dont kill him in time

if you manage to kill the target in time your rep with terran remain the same

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 16:17

soladept wrote:
Yaki plot
~
2. Havent played through keeping the Moreya yet, but from guesswork and anecdotes you keep it and discover the Yaki IFF on the Moreya.
So far the IFF seems to be lost when I destroy the Amplifier for STFT
I made a save just after getting the Moreya.
First decided to try handing it over to TSS, but wasn't too impressed with the Katana, and knowing I still had to go get promoted by Terrans and Pioneers (and get all of their Blueprints so I can build my own anyway) .. Decided to go the other way.

At the moment I am seeking out the Yaki station again after going back to the save (and taking the Moreya to Boso Ta).
Boso Ta gives an excited speech about the Moreya, and you later find on your way to finding the Yaki station the IFF is part of the ships tech.

Right now I am -10 with Xenon when the cloaking kicks in, and enjoying the luxury of being able to fly inside Xenon Wharfs and watch them building ships (not allowed to land but don't get a barrage of Gravitons either, so you can scan the Xenon stations to your hearts content).

You can employ three Service crew onboard, but cant assign a Captain (I think thats due to the cloaking thing so it can change its identity), so you have to pilot it yourself.

Haven't got to Savage spur 1 yet, but will update with anything else that goes on before talking to the Yaki.

Edit : Update .. I am now in Savage Spur with the Moreya, and unlike taking the Katana there is no scripted fight with Xenon if you are in the Moreya. I'm renaming it Kendals Ark, and hiring 4 Yaki with good engineering, two male and two female ( bit of role playing considering my future decisions may potentially wipe out their kind :) ).
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

cranium1
x4

Post by cranium1 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 04:11

If I give the Moreya to the Terrans, is there any other way of getting another Moreya?

Also, it seems this particular Moreya is unique in the sense that it transmits (IFF) its ID as a Yaki ship whenever Xenon are around?

bauldr
x4

Post by bauldr » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 14:50

cranium1 wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 04:11
If I give the Moreya to the Terrans, is there any other way of getting another Moreya?

Also, it seems this particular Moreya is unique in the sense that it transmits (IFF) its ID as a Yaki ship whenever Xenon are around?
you can get one by making one of the yaki bail or you get a free one from the Torus Quest

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 16:29

No Gladius in my Terran Cadet run yet, but then I think the Entire Quest line might repeat again maybe??
I just left the PHQ/Boron and tried to continue from where I left off with the secret service mission and
kind of get a dis-jarring disconnect. Was I declared dead or something??

When I try to do the Terran vs Xenon will it be the same "plot" as before but with K's this time instead of
a bunch of N's and M's nearly crashing my CPU?

*Note completed the Terran vs Xenon in a very well established Argon start.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 16:49

Prosik wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 16:29
No Gladius in my Terran Cadet run yet, but then I think the Entire Quest line might repeat again maybe??
I just left the PHQ/Boron and tried to continue from where I left off with the secret service mission and
kind of get a dis-jarring disconnect. Was I declared dead or something??

When I try to do the Terran vs Xenon will it be the same "plot" as before but with K's this time instead of
a bunch of N's and M's nearly crashing my CPU?

*Note completed the Terran vs Xenon in a very well established Argon start.
I started terran cadet twice. one to find my way and then another new one because I missed some story line features due some miss clickes.
Twice I have found my gladius in the same spot.
Spoiler
Show
at savage spur II gate at the point your wingman dissapears.

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:18

Yes I have done the "quest" on both Terran Cadet and on Elite Argon start. I agree the Gladius is supposed to be there. It was only there once.
Running another Cadet now to see if it will be there, but I am raising ARG faction first to see if I can avoid TEL reward ships (hopefully)
Also note that I was also getting the no signal leak bug on both the Gladius and TEL reward ships.
I figure that the Gladius on the first Cadet run was stolen by one of the factions maybe.

vertauris
x4

Post by vertauris » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:42

what is the reward for destroying YAKI base with spear of odin ? just got achievement "mission accomplished" but didnt get any story content

ezoniroel

Post by ezoniroel » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:00

Hi all !
Just a little question ...
How do you destroy the amplifier ??
I'm with the Katana, tried 5 or 6 time and always failed (being shot).
the only things i can destroy are the 3 tubes/connections between the center and the 3 separate pieces ...

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:35

ezoniroel wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:00
Hi all !
Just a little question ...
How do you destroy the amplifier ??
I'm with the Katana, tried 5 or 6 time and always failed (being shot).
the only things i can destroy are the 3 tubes/connections between the center and the 3 separate pieces ...
Shoot it until his hull reaches zero or close to zero. I had to cheat a bit on this one because so many were shooting at my Katana. There is a spot around the amplifier you can park and avoid most of shots. I parked my ship there and just continued to shoot until it just vanished.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”