Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

henron
x4

Re: Spoilers: Compilation of New Plot Rewards

Post by henron » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 10:33

sulkcorker96 wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 13:43
Gimbutz wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 11:18
sulkcorker96 wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 07:58
[...]

- I'm stuck and anyone who have finished this part know what i am missing or something? much appreciated.
There's currently a bug (fixed in an upcoming update) where the mission appears to remain in your mission manager even though you've aborted it. In that state, the objective can't be completed, but you can talk to Dal Busta in person to properly accept the mission again.

If that doesn't fix it for you, could you upload your save and link it in a new topic in the Technical Support forum?
- thanks, will try to upload my save but probably wait for the update
Just finished that mission myself and had some trouble finding the last xenon stations that had to be destroyed. I realized you wouldn't have any mission guidance (that golden path) when being somewhere OUTSIDE the sectors listed in the mission briefing. As soon as you are inside any of those sectors (Savage Spur 1/2, Matrix, Tarkas Cascade) you will receive guidance to remaining stations (they even have a golden exclamation mark on top of them. I think this happened for me once there were 5 or less stations left) . This was not obvious to me as I was in Getsu Fune most of the time and tried to avoid going IS as long as my fleets were fighting. However, by teleporting to Savage Spur I was able to find the remaining station (solar power plant) somewhere in Tarkas Cascade by following the mission guidance.

Sounds like you were checking those sectors by yourself so the above probably won't help (especially if a related bug is already known). But in case you didn't go to any of those sectors yet, you should give it a try.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Wed, 12. May 21, 10:45

Ah, as I much as I hate Spoilers, the plots in X4 are designed in a way that I feel forced to spoil them for myself, cause wrong choice can permanently "ruin" the save for me - and I consider X games to be long-playthrough ones, so that sucks.

Any pros and cons to picking Moreya or Katana? I know that Katana triggers a scripted fight but any other benefit, really? Any reputation changes or anything?
I have Geometric Owl Moreya already, but then Katana is not really special either.
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:28

Depends. If you don't side with Yaki, a second Moreya might be worth it to you. If you haven't done the PIO questline it would be your first Moreya, in which case it is quite handy to have such a super-fast ship for further quests.
Besides all that, it is almost always better to take the Katana.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:35

TehGM wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 10:45
Ah, as I much as I hate Spoilers, the plots in X4 are designed in a way that I feel forced to spoil them for myself, cause wrong choice can permanently "ruin" the save for me - and I consider X games to be long-playthrough ones, so that sucks.

Any pros and cons to picking Moreya or Katana? I know that Katana triggers a scripted fight but any other benefit, really? Any reputation changes or anything?
I have Geometric Owl Moreya already, but then Katana is not really special either.
Iirc the Rodent thing has a paintjob that they give you 10 of at the end, or you can go cap one.
While the Katana has a paintjob you cannot otherwise get. Not sure if you can cap one though.

TehGM
x4

Post by TehGM » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:26

Ah. I play with mods, so I can buy all paintjobs in the game for 10cr each. And I also have ship recycling mod, so I could just capture moreyas until I unlock the blueprint.

Guess it's better for me to take Katana then. Thanks!
X Language Changer - a quick way to change language in X2 and X3 games

johnglow

Post by johnglow » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 14:47

something weird about the litigious rodent. The guy I sent to board it was incapable of following any orders, he would just sit there, so I piloted it myself to a dock. When I gave the pilot a new assignment I was not able to assign anyone else to be the pilot, or promote best crewmember, it was just greyed out. So this ship can only be flown manually, as this is a storyline ship I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature .

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 20:02

johnglow wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 14:47
something weird about the litigious rodent. The guy I sent to board it was incapable of following any orders, he would just sit there, so I piloted it myself to a dock. When I gave the pilot a new assignment I was not able to assign anyone else to be the pilot, or promote best crewmember, it was just greyed out. So this ship can only be flown manually, as this is a storyline ship I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature .
If you turn it in to the Terrans and they give you the Katana and transfer the IFF, that also refuses to take orders as well.

It may be to do with the changing alliegances which could wreak havoc with the pilot AI and lead to diplomatic incidents.
bloop

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”