covert operations mission: operation hyena stuck

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

errorname1002
x4

Re: covert operations mission: operation hyena stuck

Post by errorname1002 » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:02

IM7TX-57 wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 12:22
I suffer like the others do, i have bought the plot with the right size in argon prime, buildt only the modules that were asket by the mission description and i added one argon crossection module to fit the second Hullparts module in. All buildt and the station has a full storage of energy cells and hullparts, but the mission will not progress beyond "build a operational station".

P.s. i also buildt a second station there but after i buildt the station for the mission. I changed the station for the mission to only include the modules that were asket for and build another station afterwards. I hope someone finds out what is blocking mission progress. :gruebel:
What type of hullpart are you makeing? Teladi or others ? that maybe the issue

IM7TX-57
x3tc

Post by IM7TX-57 » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 14:14

Argon hullparts. Got the blueprint from the argon representative.
Angriff ist die beste Verteidigung

Long live the USC!
Excuse my bad English, I use BabelFish to translate

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 18:43

AdrianH wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 09:52
Since I've got a save without a modified tag I will use that one to look into it, thanks!
I have a similar problem, but with a Silicon Wafers/Smart Chips station.

Step 1 of 3: Says place a plot at least 5 x 5 x 5. I already had a 4 x 4 x 10 station (centred - so +/-2, +/-2, +/-5). I have tried to add two plots 6x6x6 (centered) and 10x10x10 (centered) and added the modules required for the second stage and still no joy. This first step never seems to grey out no matter how I do it. I now have two operational stations selling wares are minimum price and still no joy.

Step 2 is build the operational station, and Step 3 is lower the prices. I have Terran turrets/shields on the blue print but all modules are Argon/Generic, the first module in most of my blueprints is an administration centre and that applies in this case too.

Going to try the blue print with Argon instead of Terran turrets but I get the feeling based on this thread that it may not help.

Update
Both of my earlier stations are now generating profits, waiting for the third to move into profit generator land - all are selling Smart Chips, Silicon Wafers, and Energy Cells at minimum price.

Update #2
Confirmed now - have all 3 stations running with wares sold at minimum price while still making a profit, still no change to mission progression.
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sat, 20. Mar 21, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Higoodsense
x4

Post by Higoodsense » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 14:50

I have a similar problem. Station was built, but the mission is not accepted. I had a big facility on argon prime before. Was someone finds a solution?

[RLF]KING
x4

Post by [RLF]KING » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 14:58

Same problem here the requested station is ready, but the quest is not update. Even the first part getting a 5x5x5 place was done, but not recognized by the quest...
Any help?

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 19:11

[RLF]KING wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 14:58
Same problem here the requested station is ready, but the quest is not update. Even the first part getting a 5x5x5 place was done, but not recognized by the quest...
Any help?
Update, Mr. Adrian posted that the fix will come in the next update. The will probably gather a number of mission bugs for the next hotfix so update in less than a week.

AdrianH
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by AdrianH » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:04

Yes, I indentified the issue, and it will be fixed with the next update.

Until then, the only thing you can do to progress is to make sure you do not own any stations in Argon Prime before finding the Server Room, or, own a station that produces Hullparts, Smartchips and Advanced Electronics before reaching that point. Either should let you progress in the story.
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 18:43
Update #2
Confirmed now - have all 3 stations running with wares sold at minimum price while still making a profit, still no change to mission progression.
This seems to be a different issue from the mission not starting properly in the first place. Do you happen to have a save game that I could take a look at?

Apologies for the inconvenience

Adrian

ChrisF0001
x4

Post by ChrisF0001 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 10:47

Does the hullpart station have to be in Argon Prime for that workaround to work? (My PHQ produces all that, but my station in Argon Prime is just a defense platform. (Hey, if I hadn't built that the HOP would have conquered the place!)

...Or should I just wait for the update?

errorname1002
x4

Post by errorname1002 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:34

ChrisF0001 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 10:47
Does the hullpart station have to be in Argon Prime for that workaround to work? (My PHQ produces all that, but my station in Argon Prime is just a defense platform. (Hey, if I hadn't built that the HOP would have conquered the place!)

...Or should I just wait for the update?
the station has to be in the location specified by the mission briefing, usually it is Argon prime

Sujic
x4

Post by Sujic » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 00:20

AdrianH wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:04
Until then, the only thing you can do to progress is to make sure you do not own any stations in Argon Prime before finding the Server Room, or, own a station that produces Hullparts, Smartchips and Advanced Electronics before reaching that point. Either should let you progress in the story.
I didn't have any station except the HQ and still am stuck at "Set price". The HQ also didn't have any modules except a dock and a storage module (still doesn't).
Thank God I am atheist.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 06:10

AdrianH wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:04
Yes, I indentified the issue, and it will be fixed with the next update.

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 18:43
Update #2
This seems to be a different issue from the mission not starting properly in the first place. Do you happen to have a save game that I could take a look at?

Apologies for the inconvenience

Adrian
The save file is ~128MB compressed. I will post a link to the file on Google Drive (sent via PM to AdrianH) once it has finished uploading but would like to delete it when you are sure you are done with your investigation.

I did have a station already in Argon Prime, a basic outpost watching the inactive gate. Given that, it could be the same issue. I will try to expand the 3rd of the Smart Chip stations to build Hullparts and Advanced Electronics. If nothing else, it will help with supplies around the gate ring.
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Wed, 24. Mar 21, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

BlackPunisher
x4

Post by BlackPunisher » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:40

hello, same problem
have a small base of operations in argon prime for a long long time (300hrs save without seta)
and covert operation mission steps about hull parts construction dont count, I hove it would be fixed soon.

[RLF]KING
x4

Post by [RLF]KING » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 20:29

"Fixed Operation Hyena not progressing when player already owns station in specified Argon space."
This one will fix the first part of the mission. My existing station is now correctly recognized. But the second step is not possible. Regardless for which amout i will sell hull parts, i can not fullfill it.
Any progress on that?

BlackPunisher
x4

Post by BlackPunisher » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:35

[RLF]KING wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 20:29
"Fixed Operation Hyena not progressing when player already owns station in specified Argon space."
This one will fix the first part of the mission. My existing station is now correctly recognized. But the second step is not possible. Regardless for which amout i will sell hull parts, i can not fullfill it.
Any progress on that?
for me fix worked, I just put the needed price and quest ended

[RLF]KING
x4

Post by [RLF]KING » Sat, 27. Mar 21, 17:23

[RLF]KING wrote:
Fri, 26. Mar 21, 20:29
Any progress on that?
Found my error. The 'Automatic sell amount' was configured in a way, that no one was able to buy...

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 20:29

what iam missing here ?^^
the mission stucks for me too.. but i also got hotfix3 so far, and nothing is progressing .....

i stuck at the price stuff .....i set it up to 167 and nothing happens ....
they sell hullparts on mass .. but .....

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Thu, 22. Apr 21, 20:50

I also have the same problem. I've already described it here: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=437282. See my last posts.

LordSneazy
x4

Post by LordSneazy » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 04:34

My game won't let me go past the first portion of 5x5x5 slot, even though I own the station with the correct size and parts.

Nebesky
x4

Post by Nebesky » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 10:01

Hey,

I also have a similar problem, even after the update. My mission isn't progressing anymore and I cant put the mission on active anymore. See here for the save:

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442430&p=5085026#p5085026

Hope they fix it in 4.20

jiggityjosh
x4

Post by jiggityjosh » Thu, 9. Dec 21, 22:37

Ugh.

This is my second playthrough due to game breaking bugs and here we are again.

Stuck with a game breaking bug.

Already had a station in Argon Prime when the mission started. (Am I not supposed to play the game?)

Plot is directly in the middle of the outline area. Got credit for building a plot.

Now my entire storage is full of Hull parts. I've bought hull parts from the station, sold them off, sold them beck to myself, sold them to AI, bought hull parts from other stations, sold them here. Took them away.

Completely moved the entire station lower in space which resulted in destroying and rebuilding every single piece of the station.

Still stuck on "build an operational station".

At this point I'm years into this game. Bought multiple "expansions" and have yet to actually play the game without it falling apart every single time.

I mean I haven't even started playing anything.

Is egosoft ever going to fix the broken aspects of this game or just keep churning out more incomplete dlc for people to buy that doesn't work.

Seems like a several year problem.

Fleets can't even fly together STILL.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”