Joint Long Range Scan in Feynmann Mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lardybloke
x3tc

Joint Long Range Scan in Feynmann Mission

Post by lardybloke » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 20:04

I have three Discoveries at the nav beacons but I don't know how to get them to do a joint long range scan. I have tried being in one of them, gettingthem to join my wing using {Shift 3} for long range scan and trying the mimic order and I have tried the same from a fourth ship with the three Discoveries in my wing and trying to mimic order.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Joint Long Range Scan in Feynmann Mission

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 20:09

All I had to do was positioning two of my ships inside two of the yellow spheres and flying my ship inside the third sphere. Then Feynman told me to initiate a long range scan.

ChrisF0001
x4

Post by ChrisF0001 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 09:25

At risk of stating the obvious - when I got to this point I'd completely forgotten that you actually have to manually do the 'hold and release the button' thing for a long range scan. I hadn't done one in person practically since release, and had to re-Google how long range scanning even works. :doh: But then, I guess it's just positioning - as long as you have ships in the right place I don't think anything more is required.

lardybloke
x3tc

Post by lardybloke » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 13:07

Thank you

I am doing all of that, what am I looking for? I get the "do a long range scan" instruction. What happens next?

lardybloke
x3tc

Post by lardybloke » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 14:04

Got it now. I also had to learn how to use the long range scan properly again, using the R button.

joe2020

Post by joe2020 » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 21:06

Hi,
Could someone explain what are the steps to get this mission to work? I did the following:
1) placed 3 ships (using Fly To command) at designated nav points
2) teleported to one of the ships and turned on Long Range Scan (L shift + 3)

After that ship cockpit turned blue and the message about Long Range Scan being activated showed up (in ship display, on the left) but mission did not progress.
Is there another step to this? I'd appreciate any help, can't complete mission at this point.
Thanks!

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 08:40

joe2020 wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 21:06
Hi,
Could someone explain what are the steps to get this mission to work? I did the following:
1) placed 3 ships (using Fly To command) at designated nav points
2) teleported to one of the ships and turned on Long Range Scan (L shift + 3)

After that ship cockpit turned blue and the message about Long Range Scan being activated showed up (in ship display, on the left) but mission did not progress.
Is there another step to this? I'd appreciate any help, can't complete mission at this point.
Thanks!
Leave the 3 ships.
Take ANOTHER ship and Long Range scan from it. Not sure how close you have to be but I was somewhat close and looking at the 3 ships.
So technically you'll be having 5 ships doing LR scan. The Oberoth, the 3 ships at the beacon, your personal ship.

And also you do know that after entering LR scan mode you need to hold and release R to scan right?

milytar
x4

Post by milytar » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 09:20

I was 5 sector away when initiated long range scan and it works so be sure you positioned other ships if you have them(easy to force bail some SCA fighters) to marked location via map and just LRS and you dont want to be one of the ship or same sector!
And one day ... one day i will be there ...
And if not... then i will be here ...

Me

joe2020

Post by joe2020 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 17:37

Hi,
Thanks for all the answers, I'll describe what worked for me.
Looks like three ships are enough to finish this mission. I placed each of those in designated locations then teleported to one of them (any one works).
Then I started the long range scan (Shift + 3), your ship's cockpit should turn blue. Then I did the thing I was missing (thanks for that tip), I pressed and held the R button until a blue line appeared, then I released the R button. That sent the "sonar" ping (quotes because space does not carry sound) which in turn completed the mission.
I've been playing X4 from the day it came out and yesterday was the first time I used the R button =) Now I know why it was so hard to find all those lock boxes (sigh).

About lock boxes - when you see a yellow question mark appear on the map fly in that direction, then start your long range scan and move ship around while firing "sonar" pulses (R).
If there is a lock box it will be marked by a yellow pulsating circle.
Thanks again for all the help!

Joe

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”