[spoiler] Torus Mission Feedback

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ulius4

Re: [spoiler] Torus Mission Feedback

Post by ulius4 » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:48

How do you get out of the torus after downloading the data? I went back the way I came in but the initial entrance is still closed.

grumble3141
x4

Post by grumble3141 » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 22:12

Spoiler
Show
Ok Starts with 1,2,7,8 on/green and protected 3, 4, 5, 6 off/red. Do 3, 4, 4, 6, 5 and firewall will be activated and all turn red. Then do a 2, 5, 8 and you're there.

if you're not at all red what I saw was
1 - 2
2 - 1, 3
3 - 4
4 - 5
5 - 4
6 - 5
7 - 8
8 - 6, 7
Worked for me anyway.

grumble3141
x4

Post by grumble3141 » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 22:14

ulius4 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:48
How do you get out of the torus after downloading the data? I went back the way I came in but the initial entrance is still closed.
You don't go back the way you came but forward.

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:30

Someone thinks that having different versions of the maze thing is fun. Sorry guys but I honestly consider it to be a ridiculous idea.
I hate every minute of it and having to die every now and then because of the "hazardous regions" makes it even more ridiculous.
So much that I honestly believe I will put it to inactive and be gone with that.

razoth
x4

Post by razoth » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:35

grumble3141 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:37
Agent256 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 20:22
[...]
Would work if they all started off/red I don't know if it changes but mine started 1, 2, 7, 8 on/green and protected 3, 4, 5, 6, off/red.
I maid a few assumptions, that might not necassaryly hold. But in generel it should be a decent strategy anyway. The problem is, that one might get stuck before the end condition is hit. It's more a guess than an reliable algorythm. I also assume that every linked switch is only linked once and have no idea if thats actually the case. Also I never got a red that is protected :D

edit:
[...] So much that I honestly believe I will put it to inactive and be gone with that.
Spoiler
Show
I'm not sure, but I don't think I got anything anyway (except for the ship, which was destroyed because I left it docked to feynmann's ship. No idea what happened lol), even after feynmann said he finished his genesis project.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:44

Bit more feedback on this one, could be seen as a bug but really its just unfortunate timing.

After you complete this little mission, you get a couple of messages from the Obarths Captain with thanks and to let you know their races terraforming is coming along and ..
Spoiler
Show
to let you know the Boron can keep his station
.. I hung around in Sol to go criminal hunting and get my Terran rep out of negative and in the plus.

When you get plus rep for helping, there is a little thank you for helping video message, which I think does not trigger until it is clear to trigger without stomping on any other messages the player may get.

In the case of the Torus mission end of mission messages, the thanks for stomping on criminals video messages interrupt the end of mission video messages.

On both of the last two Torus mission video messages, I was unfortunate enough to have both of them interrupted with Thanks video messages, pretty much a second or two after the Torus messages began.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

ChrisF0001
x4

Post by ChrisF0001 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:26

Gosh, that's all a lot more straightforward than what I had to go through...

I forget the exact sequence (1, 8, 6, 3,... something? The parity of 3 seemed important) - but anyway, I set them all to green. A download started, got to about 60% then paused, and the PA said something along the lines of 'access denied, rerouting nodes'. I fiddled with more stuff. About this time covers started closing over some of the panels, sometimes the repair laser opened them, sometimes not.

Eventually I became frustrated, saw that nobody had posted a thread like this yet... and on a pure hunch, set them all to red. This seemed to help a bit, but it still didn't complete - I think around this time the PA started greeting me as various named officers. So I set them all to green again - and then the sequence completed, the download finished, there was a bit of a light show, the exit door opened, and I could fly straight out.

I did notice there was a ninth switch by the exit with a cover over it (at least when I finally spotted the thing) - I was wondering if it was a reset of some sort, but the puzzle completed before I was able to get to it.

razoth
x4

Post by razoth » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:57

ChrisF0001 wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:26
[...] A download started, got to about 60% then paused, and the PA said something along the lines of 'access denied, rerouting nodes'. [...]
you're right I almost forgot about that part. There is a scripted event, where the "torus-defense-ki" resets some of the switches and you have to do it again with different connections/links. And I'm not sure but if I remember correctly she said something about guarding them, so there might be more of the covered switches the second time. I didn't really notice, because I did that without thinking about it with the same strategy as before (might have just been lucky though).

cyberman999
xr

Post by cyberman999 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 03:42

Can anyone post the correct sequence for the 8 switch puzzle?

grumble3141
x4

Post by grumble3141 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 04:24

cyberman999 wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 03:42
I did already but then I only had to do it once I didn't get the message some got and have to start all over. Don't know if it's because I didn't waste any time or not but my download completed first try.

Anda1839
x4

Post by Anda1839 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 10:16

Thanks guys.
I think i have been misguided by the Cover tust goes over certain switches.

BaskB
x4

Post by BaskB » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 11:12

cyberman999 wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 03:42
The "spoiler" earlier on page 1 contains the sequence. I can confirm after writing mine down last night also its the same sequence I had.

One downside I found to the whole chain (being a paranid player here currently in save) was being left in Earth after the end of the mission with no "cover", obviously with the Owl speed I didnt need to fret too much but still to be left out there in the lurch seems a bit off really...

TimmyVortex

Post by TimmyVortex » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 17:12

*edit* Once you know how it works it's not that hard. However (!!!!) it was pretty annoying since I overcomplicated things myself and was anxious to get out of there :evil:
Last edited by TimmyVortex on Fri, 19. Mar 21, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 19:21

I can't get past the airlock with the tunnel and you guys are telling me there's all this other nonsense go through yet ?
Unbelievable !! :evil:
I'm totally disappointed, all I wanted was the ships, stations etc

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 21:57

grumble3141 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 21:37
Agent256 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 20:22
just did the last part:
Spoiler
Show

every switch triggers one other, but two of them will actually switch 2 other switches
links: (means activate x with repair beam -> y,z will activate/switch too):
1 -> 2
2 -> 1,3
3 -> 4
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 -> 5
7 -> 8
8 -> 6,7
just pick an activation order that doesnt trigger switches twice (of course switches should be all red in the beginning)
for example 8,5,2 should work
no guarantee for mistakes on my part :D
Would work if they all started off/red I don't know if it changes but mine started 1, 2, 7, 8 on/green and protected 3, 4, 5, 6, off/red.
I had not seen the logic, yet I was searching for it hasty, but, failed...
So I went on with the code you provided, shot all switches as possible in one session to red and then started at 1, 2, 7, 8, 3, 4, 5 and six... The ones that turned green by itself I left alone and went on to the next, that did the trick.

MAJ Ownage
x4

Post by MAJ Ownage » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 06:26

Guys, honest feedback: this mission is frustrating and not fun, and I just want to get back to playing regular ol' X.

BaskB
x4

Post by BaskB » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 10:36

MAJ Ownage wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 06:26
Guys, honest feedback: this mission is frustrating and not fun, and I just want to get back to playing regular ol' X.
Actually, personally while the same initially as yourself and VERY frustrated with it, now I know how it works doing something "different" was actually a little fun, perhaps it could be expanded on BUT not make it a mission chain requirement.... e.g...

Player Station Maintainance games... "if" the player wishes could play mini games like this to get temp production boosts/bonuses to your factories. Like Populations are then, you DONT have to do them if you don't wish but those that do choose too could get production bonuses...

LandogarX4
x4

Post by LandogarX4 » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 21:17

I found the mission frustrating because the repair laser did not work properly on one of the panels. I had to go very close to it (in the anomaly already) at a weird angle. There should really be some visual indication of whether the repair laser is currently having an effect. I did not have the patience to do the puzzle myself, so I looked it up here right from the start.

Savyi
x4

Post by Savyi » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 00:25

I find the mission frustrating because my game seems to be bugged. I got the data, escaped the "station" and then the next mission point starts.
Now I am supposed to deliver the data, but the mission only says "dock at". No marker, nothing.

Autopilot says dock at Oberth, but the ship is gone from the universe. Can someone tell me where the ship is supposed to be at this point?

Lord-Malice
x4

Post by Lord-Malice » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 02:11

This mission is cancer! I had to repeat 2 steps because it glitched. Then I get the gain access part when I am on the wrong side of the door! 5 hours wasted trying to find a work around...which there isn't one since the access tubes close behind you when doing the spacesuit part to open the big doors.

Also, can't abort to try a "do over" as if I want to do it all over again.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”