[spoiler] Torus Mission Feedback

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JESS 246
x3

Re: [spoiler] Torus Mission Feedback

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 02:20

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 23:48
JESS 246 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 20:49
Hi All.

Do to some map issue (My map issue post viewtopic.php?p=5025688#p5025562) i'm unable to find the Torus, though i've mapped all of Earths sector with grate difficulty the Torus is not showing so a little help/Spoiler would come in handy like a little hint to where the torus is Please.
When in the sector Earth, keep flying towards Earth (the big planet that is visible) and long range scanning every 80 km. It will eventually show up as a huge wreck of some sorts. It can be found at any time, even before you need to go to it.

Thank you will do that though I'm in the area now still nothing showing.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 02:24

JonathanVQP wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 22:28
If I recall, after you get the Owl out of the Void, a scientist from Terran would want to speak to you from their base. After you land on this space station, he will ask you to retrieve some data from the Torus. Since this is a scripted event, it will not show up on the map until you speak to the scientist (a way point will show to get to the Torus). Since this campaign is a sequence of events which each phase has to complete properly before the Torus materializes on the map. If it doesn’t, either reload a save game or restart the Void mission again.
All i got was to scan a defense platform to get some Earth get pass, no one spoke to me.

Rothan
x4

Post by Rothan » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 04:08

The problem I'm having is that 7 and 8 are opposite colors.

So if 7 is red and 8 is green:
* Hitting 7 will go to 7 green, 8 red.
* Hitting 8 will go to 8 red, 7 green.

If 7 is green and 8 is red:
* Hitting 7 will go to 7 red, 8 green
* Hitting 8 will go to 7 red, 8 green.

Nothing else affects 7 and 8.
So how can I get them to both be green?
Agent256 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 20:22
just did the last part:
Spoiler
Show

every switch triggers one other, but two of them will actually switch 2 other switches
links: (means activate x with repair beam -> y,z will activate/switch too):
1 -> 2
2 -> 1,3
3 -> 4
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 -> 5
7 -> 8
8 -> 6,7
just pick an activation order that doesnt trigger switches twice (of course switches should be all red in the beginning)
for example 8,5,2 should work
no guarantee for mistakes on my part :D

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 06:24

Loved the Mission. Was really enjoyable and I loved the twist in the puzzle.

Amonkira

Post by Amonkira » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 10:00

Rothan wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 04:08

I found a solution for the 7 - 8 swichs of the opposite colors situation.

- You have to set swich 8 to green so 7 is red and have them both unlocked.

- then you enter the ship and shoot 8 and immediately shoot 7 before it locks.

if you did it right you should have both in red and locked.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 17:30

Why only two separate missions with the same torus mission in them, is that really worth the Developers time and effort to do this or are they incapable of thinking of having separate unconnected missions, no thought went into GOH.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:54

The 8 switch puzzle with those ****** obnoxious spacesuit controls are doing my head in.

With a pen and paper I got it finished eventually but the slow controls, the locking and unlocking of switches in addition to switching the switch state makes that puzzle a real pain in the ass. **** that whole ****** puzzle

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 05:49

Rothan wrote:

This sounds broken. For me I got one of them protected as red, so I could flip the other one red and after that hitting one switched both green - IIRC.

I think it was #3 that affected one of those, but not sure anymore. I spent an hour fighting this thing and suddenly, I just got it and I have no idea which the order was.

PS
This thing was first for me ever, to be on Steam's achievements "first of". Only 0.01% of players had completed this mission according to Steam when I finished it :oops: :lol:

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 12:18

Rothan wrote:

Agent256 wrote:
Wed, 17. Mar 21, 20:22
just did the last part:
Spoiler
Show

every switch triggers one other, but two of them will actually switch 2 other switches
links: (means activate x with repair beam -> y,z will activate/switch too):
1 -> 2
2 -> 1,3
3 -> 4
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 -> 5
7 -> 8
8 -> 6,7
just pick an activation order that doesnt trigger switches twice (of course switches should be all red in the beginning)
for example 8,5,2 should work
no guarantee for mistakes on my part :D
I had the same issue.
there just is no way to fnish it, I had to reload my save and try that part again.
Second time they had same colors. You could finish the quest pretty quick with the info you have here

I only turned 2 switches -> Firewell kicks in
next time I only turn in 3 switches and mission was over
Spoiler
Show
First switch 3 and 6 --> Firewall kicks in
Now switch 5, 2, 8 --> Mission complete

Zosh

Post by Zosh » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 12:39

Savyi wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 00:25
I find the mission frustrating because my game seems to be bugged. I got the data, escaped the "station" and then the next mission point starts.
Now I am supposed to deliver the data, but the mission only says "dock at". No marker, nothing.

Autopilot says dock at Oberth, but the ship is gone from the universe. Can someone tell me where the ship is supposed to be at this point?
I'm stuck in the same boat, i've re-run the mission start to finish 5 times and have no where to dock.

ezoniroel

Post by ezoniroel » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 18:30

Savyi wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 00:25

I had the same issue.
there just is no way to fnish it, I had to reload my save and try that part again.
Second time they had same colors. You could finish the quest pretty quick with the info you have here

I only turned 2 switches -> Firewell kicks in
next time I only turn in 3 switches and mission was over
Spoiler
Show
Same way ... but ...
Spoiler
Show
Now switch 5, 2, 8 AND 5 one more time --> Mission complete

betablues
x4

Post by betablues » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 16:19

Well, it is not working for me. I am stuck. I have stopped playing X4 because of this mission.

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 18:52

I had to reload my save game over a dozen times to get the right the correct color sequence. Hopefully HF2 fixes this!

palentier
x3ap

Post by palentier » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 03:07

**Missing Graphics/Script not running Bug**

So after spending many hours on what seemed a poorly done quest area, I turned off the game and went to bed. The next day I reloaded an Autosave that was in the Moon Sector. After restarting the quest I realized the first time I tried to go through it the Ship as missing walls and the switches were not using the quest scripts. The quest was impossible to complete because the scripts for the quest were not running. If you are getting any missing Textures you might also have issues with the script running.

I had an issue with a ship missing half of its graphics. Reloading the game did not fix it. I restarted my computer and that did the trick.

Moral of the story. If you are having issues with the game missing textures or script malfunctions see rule #1 in tech support......restart your machine.

PS. The YouTube video linked in this Thread shows the correct solution to the final room where you download the data, if you can't be fussed with the puzzle.

S0lem
x4

Post by S0lem » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 11:16

palentier wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 03:07
**Missing Graphics/Script not running Bug**

So after spending many hours on what seemed a poorly done quest area, I turned off the game and went to bed. The next day I reloaded an Autosave that was in the Moon Sector. After restarting the quest I realized the first time I tried to go through it the Ship as missing walls and the switches were not using the quest scripts. The quest was impossible to complete because the scripts for the quest were not running. If you are getting any missing Textures you might also have issues with the script running.

I had an issue with a ship missing half of its graphics. Reloading the game did not fix it. I restarted my computer and that did the trick.

Moral of the story. If you are having issues with the game missing textures or script malfunctions see rule #1 in tech support......restart your machine.

PS. The YouTube video linked in this Thread shows the correct solution to the final room where you download the data, if you can't be fussed with the puzzle.
When I first got the "Gain Access" portion of the mission with the first 4 switches, I just hit them all red and the door opened, but after that it seems like my questline might have broke. After going through the newly opened door there was a side air shaft I was supposed to have to use I think, but I didn't need to use it. After going ahead for a long way to the room with 8 switches (all green) and turning them all red, I proceeded to fly completely out of the station without ever having the gain access mission change. I reloaded a save from before I entered the station. Hopefully it works this time or maybe I will also have to restart my pc. Honestly I spent like an 1.5 hour or more just flying around looking for stuff, shooting the 8 switches again before I even thought something might be wrong.

Edit: After shooting the 4 switches again this time, I got the guy to say "this is the way back, but we don't want to go back yet" or whatever. I kept hitting switches until the right door opened, but the guy didn't say anything. My new path is unobstructed to the 8 switches again, which I assume is broken. Anyone can tell me if this is right or not?

palentier
x3ap

Post by palentier » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 11:49

When I first got the "Gain Access" portion of the mission with the first 4 switches, I just hit them all red and the door opened, but after that it seems like my questline might have broke. After going through the newly opened door there was a side air shaft I was supposed to have to use I think, but I didn't need to use it. After going ahead for a long way to the room with 8 switches (all green) and turning them all red, I proceeded to fly completely out of the station without ever having the gain access mission change. I reloaded a save from before I entered the station. Hopefully it works this time or maybe I will also have to restart my pc. Honestly I spent like an 1.5 hour or more just flying around looking for stuff, shooting the 8 switches again before I even thought something might be wrong.

Edit: After shooting the 4 switches again this time, I got the guy to say "this is the way back, but we don't want to go back yet" or whatever. I kept hitting switches until the right door opened, but the guy didn't say anything. My new path is unobstructed to the 8 switches again, which I assume is broken. Anyone can tell me if this is right or not?
This is exactly what happened to me. Are you missing walls inside the ship itself as well? I when I restarted the computer and the save from outside the Earth sector and went back to the ship it all loaded correctly the second time and the switches work as intended with scripts running and the missing dialogue.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 16:08

I looked up a solution for the eight switches. Cant be bothered to figure it out myself - tried maybe over half an hour. Thought some comment in the puzzle might be a hint but couldn't make any sense of it. The rest was pretty good. Died once in env damage when overlooking a switch or mit might have glitched away? 2nd try I could work well enough my way through.
Still don't know what happened to the Torus - it was quite the sight in X3 - bummer.

S0lem
x4

Post by S0lem » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 20:38

palentier wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 11:49

This is exactly what happened to me. Are you missing walls inside the ship itself as well? I when I restarted the computer and the save from outside the Earth sector and went back to the ship it all loaded correctly the second time and the switches work as intended with scripts running and the missing dialogue.
Not that I noticed, but honestly I didn't really pay attention to the ship. Kind of funny considering how many times I got in and out of it, but apparently I didn't really care about it. I did notice the 4 switch door was glitching. Sometimes it would disappear for a second and then come back. It was late last night when I posted/last encountered the error. I decided to skip straight to your solution and try restart my pc. Hopefully that fixes my problems.

UPDATE: First try upon restarting my pc doing the 4 switches to open the door resulted in a "Splendid! Proceed! This path should get us to the data centre". This is my first time seeing this message and must be a good sign. I dont restart my pc often, but I am glad it helped. :) Also on a side note. I think the ship looks prettier than it did last night. Were the textures you were missing on the outside? I might not have paid attention to it, because it looked ugly last night. It was also like 4am though.

Update 2: Success! Due to all the issues I didn't want to mess around solving the puzzle myself and have something else go wrong. I tried this solution first and it worked like a charm. Thanks to both of you for the help.
Waltz99 wrote:
Thu, 25. Mar 21, 12:18
Spoiler
Show

palentier
x3ap

Post by palentier » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 22:50

Not that I noticed, but honestly I didn't really pay attention to the ship. Kind of funny considering how many times I got in and out of it, but apparently I didn't really care about it. I did notice the 4 switch door was glitching. Sometimes it would disappear for a second and then come back. It was late last night when I posted/last encountered the error. I decided to skip straight to your solution and try restart my pc. Hopefully that fixes my problems.

UPDATE: First try upon restarting my pc doing the 4 switches to open the door resulted in a "Splendid! Proceed! This path should get us to the data centre". This is my first time seeing this message and must be a good sign. I dont restart my pc often, but I am glad it helped. :) Also on a side note. I think the ship looks prettier than it did last night. Were the textures you were missing on the outside? I might not have paid attention to it, because it looked ugly last night. It was also like 4am though.
So part of this bug happens in other places / ships for me. There are totally missing (invisible) graphic parts (walls, ship parts..etc). This also seems connected to scripted events not triggering. Restarting a save or even closing and opening the game again doesn't seem to fix the issue, it requires a hard computer restart to close some process running in the background that is malfunctioning (I presume).

In the mission there where areas where the buttons were just floating in space and you could run into the invisible walls and would stop but couldn't see them and would be looking out into space. I was confused at first because I thought "well okay, I guess, I am in a wreck so....um...missing walls...okay." It wasn't until I went through the unbugged version that I realized the problem.

Anyway, glad it helped. I am sure Egosoft will figure this out and hotfix it soon hopefully.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:47

I absolutely loved that mission, save for the foray into terran space itself.
Because it was a restricted area, I just dashed in, found accelerators as quickly as possible, etc. until I reached the torus ruin.
I had no idea how or why that place was restricted space (I truly joined the X franchise at XR), but the fact that is was restricted and that your cover will get blown off eventually kind of ruined the fun of exploration.

Outside of that, it was a blast. I snickered at the face of the terran scientist claiming the boron pirate had surrounded itself with "shady characters". The overall missions are fun. The Torus puzzles were ok. The turret fight, while easy, reminded me a bit of all those rail shooters I used to play (starfox and the like).
Now I wish there was a way to get the whole torus to play in.

And the Geometric Owl... I know it's basically a pimped-up pegasus with 4 guns but... where can we get more ships like that? :o
I mean... I hate the look of the pegasus. but the Owl looks NEAT!

I'm currently playing the other quests of the DLC.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”