What happens if you teleport the phq on top of an npc station?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NZCrusader
x4

What happens if you teleport the phq on top of an npc station?

Post by NZCrusader » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 17:40

Does dropping the phq on top of an npc station nuke it or does it just bug out and cause the two station geometries to screw up the game code etc

Figured i would raise this idea here just in case this use case causes an error that needs patching etc

LandogarX4
x4

Re: What happens if you teleport the phq on top of an npc station?

Post by LandogarX4 » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 20:36

Do you really believe the devs didn't think of that obvious possibility? Or that no one in the beta ever teleported their HQ on another object an reported on the effects?

Cha0s_lord
x4

Post by Cha0s_lord » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 20:45

It nukes everything within a pretty large radius - stations and ships included. You get a reputation penalty as if you had shot those entities yourself, which can be pretty hefty and send you straight to war.
But at least Boso Ta warns you that there's something in the landing area, and you'd better reconsider your destination if you get the warning...

NZCrusader
x4

Post by NZCrusader » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 21:43

LandogarX4 wrote:
Mon, 8. Feb 21, 20:36
Do you really believe the devs didn't think of that obvious possibility? Or that no one in the beta ever teleported their HQ on another object an reported on the effects?
given i was the only one asking about it on the forum and reddit i thought i would mention it, of course the devs should have spotted it before i thought of it and likely did but oversights happen thats why we have a beta test program

NZCrusader
x4

Post by NZCrusader » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 21:44

Cha0s_lord wrote:
Mon, 8. Feb 21, 20:45
It nukes everything within a pretty large radius - stations and ships included. You get a reputation penalty as if you had shot those entities yourself, which can be pretty hefty and send you straight to war.
But at least Boso Ta warns you that there's something in the landing area, and you'd better reconsider your destination if you get the warning...
i wonder if this could be exploited somehow, mabey stock up the hq with research materials and then go around chain nuking enemy stations

Tidaar
x4

Post by Tidaar » Mon, 15. Feb 21, 00:49

I landed my HQ on two Xenon stations and kaboom. Boso even mentions that you are planning to use it as a weapon. But look its a very expensive way to kill stations. If you can afford the resources you can afford 20 destroyers too. I think its nice though if you want to wipe out a group of stations clustered together.

NZCrusader
x4

Post by NZCrusader » Mon, 15. Feb 21, 20:05

Lol nice, i guess if i load up the phq with research materials and gun turrets if i dont want to deal with the xenon via conventional means i can suicide a scout ship into the zone to drop a nav becon then drop the death star on top of the xenon for the lols

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 00:41

NZCrusader wrote:
Mon, 8. Feb 21, 21:44
i wonder if this could be exploited somehow, mabey stock up the hq with research materials and then go around chain nuking enemy stations
Nuking red is trivial. Nuking the blue ... does that make enemies? It fits!*

*Police Academy: Park the car
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

pmitchell48

Post by pmitchell48 » Mon, 31. May 21, 01:55

Cha0s_lord wrote:
Mon, 8. Feb 21, 20:45
I jumped my HQ into a xenon sector near a shipyard in matrix 79b which had half a dozen K's and an I flying around, I circled around the shipyard drawing them all in then hit travel drive 9500 kps and hit pause at 110 km from the shipyard and after teleporting the HQ and back in my ship and heading back to the HQ there was a destroyed Q at 98.1 km from it so I would say the radius of the explosion is 100km which is pretty wide so you need to be careful and need a lot of satellites to make sure you don't nuke any allies or your own ships, also I placed my beacon 15 km from the shipyard but the HQ landed 47 km from it but still took it out, the nearest station that survived was 60 km away from the HQ so they survive much better than the Q's.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 31. May 21, 10:48

LandogarX4 wrote:
I would not expect the devs thinking of this, given the past release history... there are tons of threads with ppl in x3 forums on how to use all asteroids in savage spur to create a single complex with hundreds of stations. Yet at X4 release, the logical overview was a complete mess if you had more than 5 modules. They clearly did not see that coming ppl would put hundreds of modules in.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 14:05

NZCrusader wrote:
Mon, 8. Feb 21, 21:43
LandogarX4 wrote:
given i was the only one asking about it on the forum and reddit i thought i would mention it, of course the devs should have spotted it before i thought of it and likely did but oversights happen thats why we have a beta test program
You're not the only one asking and also not the first to post, searching in the forums alone brought me 13 beta threads on it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”