Split Plot - Finding Bau T'Gnt....

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Split Plot - Finding Bau T'Gnt....

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. May 20, 16:00

So i took the initial Split plot mission, but didn't follow up on it for a while. I'm trying to do it now, but I've no guidance. I've read online that I need to find some dude flying a funeral ship, but I've no waypoints or even general directions on where to go. Is this bugged for me, should it be providing me a waypoint to find this person, so should I just be trusting in luck that I'll run into him at some point?

chip56

Re: Split Plot - Finding Bau T'Gnt....

Post by chip56 » Fri, 22. May 20, 17:13

the funeral ship is always at the accelerator.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. May 20, 17:37

chip56 wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 17:13
the funeral ship is always at the accelerator.
which accelerator? what system?

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 22. May 20, 18:13

heart of acrimony -> heart of acrimony the boneyard

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. May 20, 19:23

thanks, ill go look for it!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. May 20, 19:55

chip56 wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 18:13
heart of acrimony -> heart of acrimony the boneyard
i went to the accelerator, and no dice. No one around, not updates to my quest.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 22. May 20, 20:01

Hmm. The funeral ship should be just at the gate and pretty unmissable since its a civilian ship with a docking era for S ships.
Are you sure you are at the funeral ship part and not at an earlier step of the plot?

i think the inital plot mission was actually picking up some dude on a station and moving him to somewhere else.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 23. May 20, 02:40

my quest just says talk to bau t'gn.... something about how he travels a lot... but I've no waypoint or direction. Just a "talk to this dude", and nothing else.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Sun, 24. May 20, 22:29

There are a few times you need to go talk to a split person during the quest arc. You mention you read on the internet that there is one on a funeral ship, but are you sure you are that far? If you haven't investigated a hijacked ship yet, you aren't far enough for the funeral ship to appear. Your statement of "traveling a lot" makes me think you are on the mission you need to make a Split friend by ferrying him in an S-sized ship (the very first quest in the split plot line). Try piloting an S-sized ship if you aren't. Also, are you sure the mission is active and not just in your quest log? View the mission in your quest log and click the "set active" button if it is not.

If this is the person you are looking for, his location is random. You won't find his location online.

Hope that helps!

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 25. May 20, 05:16

what i have in my missions briefing is

"talk to: bau t'gnt"
"talk to: suspicious split"
"transport" suspicious split"

and that's it... no locations, no directions, no waypoint.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 25. May 20, 08:43

So yes thats the very first mission. He should be on some station. However i am not sure that this station is fixed.
Just to ensure you are not missing a very basic thing: you are in your ship in space and commanding it yourself? sometimes pointers dont appear while you are docked.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 25. May 20, 09:02

chip56 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 08:43
So yes thats the very first mission. He should be on some station. However i am not sure that this station is fixed.
Just to ensure you are not missing a very basic thing: you are in your ship in space and commanding it yourself? sometimes pointers dont appear while you are docked.
oh yeah, it's my only mission at the moment and i've left it active. so i'v been pilot on small, medium, and large ships, been just flying around with my co pilot flying, been on stations... nothing ever changes and I never get any direction or location or guidance.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 25. May 20, 10:01

I have the feeling that he might have spawned on a station that has been destroyed menanwhile.
I heard of something similar in case of a NPC on a ship.
In that thread the player did manage to get the NPC to respawn though. Maybe that approach might work for you too. Should i stumble over the thread i will post a link

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 25. May 20, 10:46

chip56 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 10:01
I have the feeling that he might have spawned on a station that has been destroyed menanwhile.
I heard of something similar in case of a NPC on a ship.
In that thread the player did manage to get the NPC to respawn though. Maybe that approach might work for you too. Should i stumble over the thread i will post a link
thank you. i just have no idea where he is at this point, it's pretty much an un-playable mission sadly. I was looking forward to it.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 25. May 20, 10:58

Unfortunatly i cant find that thread anymore. it was about a player that needed an NPC on some ship, the ship got destroyed and he tried respawning the ship and add the NPC to it. I remember there was an issue that the ID meanwhile changed.
Maybe someone else remebers what that thread was?

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Wed, 27. May 20, 14:17

I had exactly the same problem. It happened because station with NPC character was destroyed. It seems that this issue was addressed in public beta released yesterday, and the starting mission with guideline was reactivated in my game. I think they will include fix in up coming patch.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 27. May 20, 18:59

yep, i have the beta patch too, and it was fixed, the mission is working now, which is awesome.

I'm close to finishing this playthrough and wanted to do this before i ended it.

Already started my new ZYA playthrough where me, the ZYA, and HOP(and we'll leave TEL alone since they're cool with just making credits) will be the asshole rulers of the galaxy.

BelatedHero
x4

Post by BelatedHero » Thu, 28. May 20, 02:08

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 18:59
I'm close to finishing this playthrough and wanted to do this before i ended it.
Not sure how wealthy you are in your playthrough, but just so you are aware (this is the spoiler forum after all), to completely finish this plot you will need somewhere between 500 million and 1.3 billion credits depending on which path you choose.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 28. May 20, 03:17

I appreciate the heads up, this playthrough im sitting around 80 billion credits. Not a worry, lol.

Sphinx
x4

Post by Sphinx » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 20:32

I am in the same boat, the Bau T'Gnt is nowhere to be found... nothing at all.

I left the funeral ship, and nothing.

Dal Busta is also still on the funeral ship as that mission also bugged out, so now both Story lines are dead in the water.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are Genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”