Story impact on economy?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bbn
x4

Story impact on economy?

Post by bbn » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 14:38

I didn't want to spoil my game-play too much, but I've read that war is the major driving force for economy in X4 universe currently and that some plot ends can results in wars ending. So I have a question if by doing the stories will not make the NPC economy stop or slow down in really serious manner?

I know that Khaak an Xenon remains... but with united universe Xenon don't seem like a big threat (e.g., HOP almost purged them in my game from their region of space... only ZYA struggles right now) and Khaak is insignificant (I didn't notice any major or even minor troubles caused by them to factions)...

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Re: Story impact on economy?

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 09:19

It's something bugging me too, you know?
I'd love a peaceful situation, especially between the Paranid factions, as they build ships in my wharf and go out of the fabrication bay just to shoot themselves scaring customers. But what if no war means no need for anything in the economy? Any plans from the devs?

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 09:56

Well at the moment the only situation where a war truly ends is the Paranid civil war and associated ANT/ARG v HOP conflict (I don't really count the Split one because Zyarth basically win the split cold war anyways). As such you still have major conflicts with Xenon to tackle so goods are always in demand. Additionally, as of 3.1 the Xenon are adequately difficult to keep a lid on and there persist to be shortages in most games (I can't speak for all). Even in my ~500hr main game there are still immense tier 3 ware shortages despite my unification of Split and Paranid.

In short, the plots don't impact too much on the broader game economy
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 18:16

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Fri, 24. Apr 20, 09:56
In short, the plots don't impact too much on the broader game economy
Thanks for the answer. I wonder how others games fare with Xenons only to fight against...

The thing is in my first game (just <20h, 3.0) the Xenons were really aggressive and potentially would wreck the whole galaxy.

My second game (~100h, 3.0, 3.1) the Xenons started quite aggressively but then they were almost wiped out by NPCs. Possibly because of me kick starting the economies as the only real threat by them was to ZYA, which I didn't work to fix reputation with. Plus me helping defend some sectors possibly helped.

Now I plan to stick to this new game (just 12h in), doing all the stories and building huge empire... And so far Xenons are not a problem in the part of the Galaxy I already mapped (but it's small part still). But it already looks like HOP will take over sectors near them and that Teladi are keeping strong force near the gates repealing first attacks with ease.

:gruebel: If all goes wrong I still can edit the save and do total war scenario :twisted:

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 23:54

[quote]I wonder how others games fare with Xenons only to fight against...[/quote]

It certainly is quite different and polarising in some aspects, prior to 3.0 and SV I had nearly wiped out all xenon and crippled the xenon in Tharka's Cascade (took out their solar power plants ceasing all ship production). With the 3.0 update and SV the xenon became incredibly aggressive and currently churn out Ks and Is on an immense scale in Matrix 598. Typically there are around 6 Ks and 2Is in M #598 and regularly make incursions across Zyarth space to reach Tharka's Cascade to fend of the split. At this stage both sides seem to be fairing evenly, despite the xenon only controlling 3 sectors (M #598, Tharka's Cascade 17 and the adjacent Matrix sector) and Zyarth controlling upwards of 10 sectors with 3 shipyards and 3 wharves (as a result of split unification). As such all factions near the bottom and to the right have no threats whatsoever and sit with inactive shipyards/wharves and the split are the largest consumers to supply their 6 ship productions. In effect, I guess you could say the top of the map is quite fractuous and the bottom quite stable both economically and politically.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 00:33

I remember reading before Split DLC was released that you could pay large sum to a faction to start a war with another. Is that true?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”