Issue on Free Families plot line

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xearo Space
x4

Issue on Free Families plot line

Post by Xearo Space » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 01:29

So I started the Free Families plot line recently and I am at the part where you are supposed to meet up with Slave Trader 2 after placing the bombs on the freighter drones, Slave Trader 2 then proceeds to the Hall of Justice and right into a Xenon K and small strike group of P's and M's. Slave Trader 2 got wiped out and the hall of justice has seen better days but none of the modules were destroyed, I got a message a little later stating that I am supposed to be waiting for a contact at the hall of justice, I wiped out the Xenon and have been waiting by the hall of justice with my SETA on for a bit and I'm not getting a new update on the mission.

I think this mission might be broken now after the Xenon took out Slave Trader 2

Xearo Space
x4

Re: Issue on Free Families plot line

Post by Xearo Space » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 03:05

Okay so update:

I did manage to get some progress on the mission however, now I cannot progress past the "Free Prisoners" portion, I can enter the Pens with or without the encryption device but under both circumstances I see no prisoners in either one, just 3 empty cells and only 2 of which I can open, also I found no guidance on how to get to the Black Marketeer that was on the station in the first place, just happened upon him by looking.

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 11:41

In the office there should be an Argon contact person to deliver the bombs to. Does the guidance not indicate this? Then you should find the access data and only then go to prison. There you have to free two split .
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 11:43

It could be that the destruction of Slave Trader 2 rendered this part unsolvable, since you're supposed to be getting orders from a person on that ship.

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 12:02

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 11:43
It could be that the destruction of Slave Trader 2 rendered this part unsolvable, since you're supposed to be getting orders from a person on that ship.
Correct. If the slave trader 2 is destroyed, the plot cannot continue. After the slave liberation you have to protect the slave trader 2 from ZYA.
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Tamasoff

Post by Tamasoff » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 12:25

Hi the problem is one of the fighters you should take out might dock on one of the stations :( you can kill it off while docked!

Xearo Space
x4

Post by Xearo Space » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 19:26

So today I got onto one of my older saves, thank the stars for the autosave feature, and managed to get to the mission again and this time I was ready for the damned Xenon and wiped them out of the sector. Got back on track with the mission and I just got past the part where we free the prisoners and get the heck out of dodge from the Hall of Justice, so everything seems to be working again perfectly. Egosoft really needs to make sure that Slave Trader 2 wont get fisted with chain-mail so that this mission doesn't get ruined.

Xizzard
x4

Post by Xizzard » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 23:38

Hello!

I have the following issue in my game:

I found "Slave trader 2" ~40km South of Hall of justice. Just staying there. I have tried to talk with the Split woman but no dialog appears. The same (no dialog) with the guy in Control room.
I just rammed into Slave trader 2 until ~5km of Hall of justice. The split just says something but nothing happens: no dialogs, no bombs, no slaves, no pew-pew-kbooomy stuff.

Please help! I'm a little disappointed with this, might even integrate all of them (Hall and Slave trader2) into the void. :rant:

Thank you!

ps: my game is modified but all of the other plots worked fine until now.

Xizzard
x4

Post by Xizzard » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 20:48

Hello!
Me again! Any news on this topic?!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 20:56

Only what is happening in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Xizzard
x4

Post by Xizzard » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 19:11

Thanks Alan!
I can confirm that now Slave trader 2 can't be destroyed (<50%), at least by the player.
Still no fix? Maybe the location of the bombs that need to be picked up?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”