HAT plot mission . stuck, no SCA stations afaik

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tempest
x4

HAT plot mission . stuck, no SCA stations afaik

Post by Tempest » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 22:59

so about 40 days into the game (6 months ago) i got a bit fed up with my freighters being harrased/destroyed by SCA pirates, so i tried to come up with a permanent solution, which resulted in all SCA stations being surgically removed .. ahem.

Nopilious's Reach II has been purged of all SCA stations, Scale plate green, hewa's twin , the cove . all gone.

so now im stuck on step 4, after just starting the HAT plot/mission thingy

1 deliver 250 medical supplies
2 talked to Reen Omara
3 talked to Dal Busta
4 Scan: Scale Plate Pact data leak? (it doesn't send me anywhere specific, just mentions: any SCA station will do.

is there supposed to be an SCA station scripted in some place? i've re-check all the above areas, but theres nothing to be found.
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Zarjazz
x4

Re: HAT plot mission . stuck, no SCA stations afaik

Post by Zarjazz » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 04:33

I'm stuck in the same place but one step further. As far as I can tell you can scan *any* Scale Plate station and when I found one and got close enough it trigger Dal Busta to say some more stuff about scanning for a leak. So I did, several times, but every data leak I scan all it does is gives me standard mission offers and not the HAT plotline.

MichaelSephiroth

Post by MichaelSephiroth » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 16:21

Once you fly, by yourself, close to any SCA station it will waypoint you to it as target. Then you can EMP bomb it and scan one of the nodes, and you should be done.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:04

MichaelSephiroth wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 16:21
Once you fly, by yourself, close to any SCA station it will waypoint you to it as target. Then you can EMP bomb it and scan one of the nodes, and you should be done.
I am 3 days into the game, when I drop the bomb at an SCA station, I hear the voice saying "Help Me" (or something like that, I am not sure), but when I scan the leak, I've got nothing. Tried several SCA stations/Pirate bases.
I even had a leak at the SCA pirate base in GX3, but scaning the natural leak yield the same result (no HAT plot).

My game is bugged, I think!

MichaelSephiroth

Post by MichaelSephiroth » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:15

VincentTH wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:04
MichaelSephiroth wrote:
I am 3 days into the game, when I drop the bomb at an SCA station, I hear the voice saying "Help Me" (or something like that, I am not sure), but when I scan the leak, I've got nothing. Tried several SCA stations/Pirate bases.
I even had a leak at the SCA pirate base in GX3, but scaning the natural leak yield the same result (no HAT plot).

Did you do your Player HQ plot ? It also starts with scanning on stations...

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:24

MichaelSephiroth wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:15
VincentTH wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:04
MichaelSephiroth wrote:

Did you do your Player HQ plot ? It also starts with scanning on stations...
I am day 3 into the game, and have completed the HQ plot. (Forgot to say vanilla game, no mod, started in Release 3.0)

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 19:53

The way I found to progress it was to find an SCA station with a 'Repair Data Leak(s)' mission,
those leaks have a different appearance to 'natural leaks' (i.e. they've got a red centre inside the 'electrical zags').

edit: talking about the same thing on two threads at once :D

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:02

@exogenesis

So what is the mission that kickstart the whole HAT chain mission? Judging the OP's post, I believe I was wrong in assuming that the Scan Station is the start.

Dewar

Post by Dewar » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:46

There is an important mission listed on the mission manager when your're near HAT space. I believe the mission is called "Hatikvah Trade Revolution"

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:57

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the 'scan an SCA station data leak' part of the HAT mission when it was underway.

The kick off for the whole HAT plot seems to be:
after loading a save-game (with Split-Vendetta DLC installed).
just moving a couple of sectors, maybe near HAT space (I was 2 jumps away), maybe it's just a certain time delay,
you don't need to actually go to Hativak's Choice,

Then the 'mission offers' screen suddenly should show the HAT plot (mission):
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 22:14

exogenesis wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:57
Sorry, I thought we were talking about the 'scan an SCA station data leak' part of the HAT mission when it was underway.

The kick off for the whole HAT plot seems to be:
after loading a save-game (with Split-Vendetta DLC installed).
just moving a couple of sectors, maybe near HAT space (I was 2 jumps away), maybe it's just a certain time delay,
you don't need to actually go to Hativak's Choice,

Then the 'mission offers' screen suddenly should show the HAT plot (mission):
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Thanks, I have seen none of that. I play the Split ZYA start in v1.0. May be Ego fixed that in the 1.1 patch?
Did you complete all the research? (I have completed the Scan and Teleport researches, but none of the Mod researches.) (Just to compare notes).

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:17

I'm playing an (ancient) game started in X4 v1.1, no restart, all research done.
Not sure if that affects things...

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 00:03

exogenesis wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 23:17
I'm playing an (ancient) game started in X4 v1.1, no restart, all research done.
Not sure if that affects things...
Ah Thanks!!!! <-- Tempted to do the same, but in my 3.0Beta game (scientist start), I feel lonely, having conquered most of HOP & XEN sectors!!!! :-(

Sentinel-Ghost
x4

Post by Sentinel-Ghost » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 13:23

Zarjazz wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 04:33
I'm stuck in the same place but one step further. As far as I can tell you can scan *any* Scale Plate station and when I found one and got close enough it trigger Dal Busta to say some more stuff about scanning for a leak. So I did, several times, but every data leak I scan all it does is gives me standard mission offers and not the HAT plotline.
I am having this EXACT same problem.

What's frustrating is, that It worked fine the first time I did it - just flew up to a signal and it triggered. Unfortunately I then died shortly after so I had to reload. - since then, no matter what I do the scans only offer the usual missions rather than trigger the HAT plot.

Sentinel-Ghost
x4

Post by Sentinel-Ghost » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 13:35

Sentinel-Ghost wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 13:23
Zarjazz wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 04:33
I am having this EXACT same problem.

What's frustrating is, that It worked fine the first time I did it - just flew up to a signal and it triggered. Unfortunately I then died shortly after so I had to reload. - since then, no matter what I do the scans only offer the usual missions rather than trigger the HAT plot.
SOLVED / kinda

I tried again with a SCA pirate base in Grand Exchange III, 1st signal was an orange one - gave the standard random mission. However the 2nd signal was RED - this worked!! triggering the next stage in the HAT plot.

So.... look for RED glowing signals not the orange starbursty ones. :P

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 13:01

cheers, ill try the red signal method.

managed to find a threesome of SCA stations hiding in the fog-of-war in Silent Witness XI ..
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”