Impossible to win high velocity even with high speed fighter.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oli4uk
x4

Re: Impossible to win high velocity even with high speed fighter.

Post by oli4uk » Tue, 25. May 21, 23:20

When you exit travel mode you're automatically out of flight assist so you can drift gracefully.

I finally did it with a second to spare, in a pegasus finally, but from that particular start location it was impossible in an eclipse vanguard, even flying with a perfect boost to travel mode, perfect skid in to the gate, my eclipse was too slow by over 20 seconds.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 17:12

For a totally spoiler option:
The Geometric Owl did the long run first time no sweat.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:36

I couldn't resist...

LMAO Pegasus
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 01:14

I did that first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eajAPY0yzco

About 20-21 km/sec is what a normal person will get as it becomes improbable to roll better reliably. That is with spending over 2 hours re-rolling and using the best. Of course higher will be obtained if using the Yaki variant as that is even faster, but was not available back then.

Not helpful for topic creator though since you need to pass the race to unlock the modifications required to reach such speeds.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 11:02

Speed is overrated. Did it with TER Mk 3 Travels. On a Rapier or something.
Tighter of course, but acceleration is king.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 20:55

Just don't make any mistakes. Also, there is an
Spoiler
Show
abandoned Perseus vanguard in every game.
Is the time hardcoded, or is it ship dependant?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 00:04

Tharrg wrote:
Mon, 9. Aug 21, 20:55
Is the time hardcoded, or is it ship dependant?
Hard coded as far as I am aware. It might vary based on the waypoint selected for the finish line. Some people report that one of the possible finish lines has a much tighter timer than the others. I have yet to personally experience this, however that could be down to RNG giving me other easier waypoints in all my playthroughs.

In any case the core tricks...
  • Use travel Mk3 engines and use boost while they are charging so you enter travel mode at a good speed. TER Travel Mk3 can give you better initial acceleration as well so are also a viable option, but have a much slower top speed so might cut times closer.
  • Disable flight assist to make a sharp turn after changing sector. This maintains you current attack power effectively maintaining your speed.
  • Use a ship with a reasonable travel speed. Most scout ships are good, especially with ARG Travel Mk3. Most M ships or combat orientated S ships are too slow. Pegasus variants are generally considered the optimal ship for the job.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 14:52

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:36
I couldn't resist...

LMAO Pegasus
:o
That was some fast flying. I'm impressed.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Delnorin

Post by Delnorin » Wed, 24. Aug 22, 16:54

I start the mission at the start point. It points to where I need to go. I start. 5 seconds later it points to a new start point and I have to start over again.
I start the mission at the start point. It points to where I need to go. I start. 5 seconds later it points to a new start point and I have to start over again.

See the frustration?

Delnorin

Post by Delnorin » Wed, 24. Aug 22, 17:00

Curious to those that have succeeded in the mission.
Does it account for the 30 seconds auto-save every time you go through a gate?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 24. Aug 22, 18:10

Autosave periodicity and enabling is under player control and can be temporarily changed if that is what you want.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”