Stealing ship blueprints?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zakaluka

Stealing ship blueprints?

Post by zakaluka » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:33

I want to steal a cobra blueprint through piracy & hacking / espionage with EMP bombs. It's about the only tech from ZYA that I actually want, and I'd rather not do the full rep grind.

Is this possible? I always seem to get station modules.

burger1
x3tc

Re: Stealing ship blueprints?

Post by burger1 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:44

Place an emp bomb on one and try it. Maybe a docked/just built one? You might be able to do capital ships? Try your own or abandoned ships?

Deep Space Dragoon
x4

Post by Deep Space Dragoon » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:59

You can’t steal ship Blueprints, they have to be bought from the relevant Faction rep. :)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 21:38

There is a mod that allow your shipyard/warf to "dissolve" ships and get the blueprints. That's the only way. It used to be standard procedure in X2 and X3 for the player's HQ but,,,

Dominus
x4

Post by Dominus » Fri, 1. May 20, 16:08

Deep Space Dragoon wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:59
You can’t steal ship Blueprints, they have to be bought from the relevant Faction rep. :)
SV 3.1 I just stole a L Teladi ship blueprint with an EMP bomb.

Cheers.
Denantes mortos que escravos.
Sorry for Bad english. :)

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 1. May 20, 18:29

There are a few high-value ships that are always stationary, such as a certain Raptor, which make easy targets for a little electromagnetic espionage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 1. May 20, 19:05

Possibly a bug. I suggest people report it.

One is not meant to be able to obtain blueprints from ships via EMP. This was meant to have been fixed in a patch many months ago.

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 1. May 20, 19:22

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 1. May 20, 19:05

One is not meant to be able to obtain blueprints from ships via EMP. This was meant to have been fixed in a patch many months ago.
Surely you should be able to, otherwise piratey types would not be able to build ships?

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Fri, 1. May 20, 21:48

you even cannot get blueprints for building-modules without buying them....
so what should full fledged pirates do to create a shipyard!??

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 2. May 20, 01:52

Cadvan wrote:
Fri, 1. May 20, 21:48
you even cannot get blueprints for building-modules without buying them....
Actually I have (stolen warf blueprints), it's just too rare (and cherished for that matter)… I'd suggest using the leak mod (the cheaty one of course) that'll lead you to all the leaks of a station...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 2. May 20, 05:28

Admiral Sausage wrote:
Fri, 1. May 20, 19:22
Surely you should be able to, otherwise piratey types would not be able to build ships?
Cadvan wrote:
Fri, 1. May 20, 21:48
Play like that is currently unsupported. One would have to use a mod or be content with stealing ships built by someone else.

If one can obtain ship blueprints in any other way except purchasing them from a faction representative then that would be a bug, one that was meant to have been fixed a while ago.
dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 2. May 20, 01:52
Actually I have (stolen warf blueprints), it's just too rare (and cherished for that matter)… I'd suggest using the leak mod (the cheaty one of course) that'll lead you to all the leaks of a station...
If in an unmodified game you managed to obtain a build module blueprint via scanning or any other way except physically purchasing it from a faction representative then that is a bug. They are only meant to be obtainable via purchase for a large price.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 2. May 20, 09:03

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 2. May 20, 05:28
If in an unmodified game you managed to obtain a build module blueprint via scanning or any other way except physically purchasing it from a faction representative then that is a bug. They are only meant to be obtainable via purchase for a large price.
OF COURSE it was a moded game.. I DID mention the leak hunter mod... Besides isn't it the new norm (established with Rebirth) that Egosoft Publishes a game and is "honest to God" unplayable till the mods kick in?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 2. May 20, 17:30

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 2. May 20, 05:28
IMHO, you should further clarify that the quote above is only true for ships and ship components. Not for Station and station module blueprints. Also blueprint for station module shield/turrets are identical to those used on ships.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 3. May 20, 02:19

VincentTH wrote:
Sat, 2. May 20, 17:30
IMHO, you should further clarify that the quote above is only true for ships and ship components. Not for Station and station module blueprints. Also blueprint for station module shield/turrets are identical to those used on ships.
One should only be able to obtain build type module blueprints for stations by buying them from a faction representative. If they can be obtained by any others means then it is a bug.

All other, non-build type, module blueprints for stations can be obtained by scanning data leaks on a module of the same type. Some module types require that a technology be researched to allow this to happen. The chance for this to happen is random and can be save scummed by saving after finding a leak and before scanning it. EMP created data leaks seem to have a very high chance to give blueprints in applicable situations, to the point that it might be guaranteed.

All other non-station module blueprints such as ship designs, surface elements for both stations and ships and other ship loadout choices should only be obtainable by buying them from a faction representative. If they can be obtained by any others means then it is a bug.

Using an EMP on anything else except applicable station modules such as build type station modules, surface elements, units or ships and scanning the resulting data leaks should not give any blueprints. If any are obtained this is a bug.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 3. May 20, 22:18

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 21:38
There is a mod that allow your shipyard/warf to "dissolve" ships and get the blueprints. That's the only way. It used to be standard procedure in X2 and X3 for the player's HQ but,,,
But there you actually had to EARN that PHQ and it was a very long and expensive process to get it, it wasn't just thrown into your lap at the very start of campaign. ;-)

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 4. May 20, 08:49

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 1. May 20, 19:05

I can confirm in 3.0 you can still get ship blueprints via EMP. Didn't try on 3.10 as I have every blueprint, but I stole Cobra blueprint that way in the first days after 3.0 was released.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 4. May 20, 13:20

Sturmer wrote:
Sun, 3. May 20, 22:18

But there you actually had to EARN that PHQ and it was a very long and expensive process to get it, it wasn't just thrown into your lap at the very start of campaign. ;-)
That's very true... but it CAN NOT be that everything is a curveball against the players CAN IT? IMHO the PHQ in X4 came early for luck of other content to "dress up" an Alpha version named final... Right now there are too many issues of playability in this game to worry about PHQ and blueprints...

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Mon, 4. May 20, 22:38

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 3. May 20, 02:19
All other non-station module blueprints such as ship designs, surface elements for both stations and ships and other ship loadout choices should only be obtainable by buying them from a faction representative. If they can be obtained by any others means then it is a bug.
I've noticed that you went from "possibly a bug" to "it is a bug" lately. Do we have a confirmation from devs?
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 15. May 20, 03:27

I TRIED using over a manorina, and after scanning the 4 points i did not got the blueprients.

i did got it from the raptor, so i am guessing you can get them from L and XL ships, but no from the others? ill check further.
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 15. May 20, 17:12

i tried with a colossus , and it did not work, maybe it got fixed (although i cant find notes in the recent patch notes (running 3.2 beta)
X gamer , one at a time.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”