Split Python Battleship?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mackan
xr

Split Python Battleship?

Post by Mackan » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 00:53

There's an actual XL battleship in the DLC game files, a Split Python. 18 M turrets, 8 L turrets and 2 main battleship-class front-mounted guns (modded into destroyer-class in the pictures below as there are no battleship guns in the files). The model is rough and clearly unfinished.

Pictures:
https://i.imgur.com/52a9REZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/a012os7.png

It seems it was cut considering the state it is in and I know your stance on XL battleships, ego, but...

chew-ie
x4

Re: Split Python Battleship?

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 01:34

Hah! I knew it they couldn't bring it over them to just drop the famous Python! :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

X3-Händler
x4

Post by X3-Händler » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 11:53

The ship can also be found in the X4: Split Vendetta trailer. In 1:34 it can be seen in the background.

https://youtu.be/QC-s7fAhdyw?t=91

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 18:01

Huh, interesting. Although it's is severely under-armed compared to the Rattlesnake even and don't get me started on the beauty that is the Raptor (101 guns).

It's quite apparent from the lack of detailing that it was set aside early.

We will have battleships, it's demanded heavily. I think they scraped it early cause they thought they wont have time to finish it for every faction. ES said that battleships are not on the table for SV, this is what they meant, it was literally taken of. Doesn't mean it's not planned.

Mackan
xr

Post by Mackan » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:21

csaba wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 18:01
We will have battleships, it's demanded heavily. I think they scraped it early cause they thought they wont have time to finish it for every faction. ES said that battleships are not on the table for SV, this is what they meant, it was literally taken of. Doesn't mean it's not planned.
I recall one of the explicit main reasons for there being no accessible battleships is performance concerns, not that it was planned but postponed.

But with the Raptor now in the game that's clearly out the window. It tanks my FPS from 70 to 40 just being near the damn thing and it's glorious. Brb building 10 more. :D

The prospect of front-mounted XL weapons is interesting too. The combat script for destroyers can be pretty janky already so putting guns on massive hulls with poor maneuverability would be a sight to behold.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:05

Mackan wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:21
The prospect of front-mounted XL weapons is interesting too. The combat script for destroyers can be pretty janky already so putting guns on massive hulls with poor maneuverability would be a sight to behold.
Yup I just call it the Succellus dilemma.

razor202
x4

Post by razor202 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:26

Maybe this indicates we will have battleships to counter the Xenon I in X4 next time. :lol:

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:29

csaba wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:05
Mackan wrote:
OT: Actually, given the current state of the destroyer behaviours the Succellus would work very well in X4 - as L destroyer of the Terrans.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:50

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:29
csaba wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:05
Mackan wrote:
OT: Actually, given the current state of the destroyer behaviours the Succellus would work very well in X4 - as L destroyer of the Terrans.
I call it the Sucellus dilemma cause on paper it had the strongest weapon in the game and could out DPS the Taranis, but suffered cause the Taranis was a close range broadsider forcing CQC every time messing up the AI.

X4 destroyers have a similar issue. But since they are quite nimble they can somewhat compensate. The Sucellus (an XL destroyer in XR) or these hypothesized battleships would suffer with their low maneuverability.

IRaven
x4

Post by IRaven » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 21:04

razor202 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:26
Maybe this indicates we will have battleships to counter the Xenon I in X4 next time. :lol:
i already have a battlesomething to counter the Xenon I.
It cant fly though :-D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f4uhobf2c1ze ... 1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4752s0yzkq13 ... 1.png?dl=0

Euan1234

Post by Euan1234 » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 21:38

Any update on battleships returning to x ?

The Asgard is cool and all but just curious if the other factions will have any soon?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 21. Jun 21, 00:03

For all intensive purposes, most of the features of what would have been the Python were merged into the Raptor. Hence why the raptor has a ludicrous number of turrets and is one of the most powerful ships in X4.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”