Hatikvah Plot - stuck at blowing freighter

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rand__
x4

Hatikvah Plot - stuck at blowing freighter

Post by rand__ » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:07

Hi,

I am kinda stuck at the blow up this freighter with spacebombs mission...
I go there, place 2+ bombs, get away and wait... Freighter is getting closer, cutscene begins to play "Sending remote detonation signal" is uttered ... and thats it.
No detonation, cutscene plays on and on till i cancel it, mission is not moving on.
Tried blowing the bombs myself, no help.
Tried at least 5 times with different distances, also OOS, nothing...

Anything that I missed?

Thanks
Last edited by rand__ on Fri, 3. Apr 20, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

csaba
x4

Re: Hatikvah Plot - stuck at blowing freighter

Post by csaba » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:13

The only thing I recall, is that you have to put the bomb EXACTLY on the marker for it to work properly. Between the 2 drone slots. When you do it like this the mission updates and says to wait for the ship. The ship might arrive without doing it properly, maybe that's what you experienced?

Also stay close to the station if you fly far away the bombs might not render, this might cause problems? But this is just a guess.

You can pretty much stay a few km away and still see the bomb indicator.

You don't need to manually explode it. It's done by Dal.

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 23:31

Well, scene is updated in all my attempts (or the blow up cutscene wouldn't start playing).

Will try placing the bombs more directly on the spot, thanks

Edit:
Nope - placed 3 bombs exactly at the spot but no explosion. Can see them in the cut scene until they suddenly disappear (I assume when they should explode) - but no explosion, no damage to the freighter, scene just repeats again and again.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 11:12

Yes I have exactly the same problem.

-viewtopic.php?f=182&t=424047&p=4927461#p4927461

When bombs go off, both my ship and I are in different sectors. (teleport and fast ship), but I do have a satellite in range?

Edit1: I tried setting graphics to low, no change. I just see a cut screen with a green thing with a hole in approaching the dock over and over but never getting there.

Edit2: When I return there I see the freighter stopped a little away from the dock, as in the cut-screen. So something has stopped it docking. Maybe the mines are misplaced...

Edit3: Tried putting the mines 'exactly' on the spot, either side, above and below. No change; the ship never docks, just stops a short distance away and never moves again.

Deep Space Dragoon
x4

Post by Deep Space Dragoon » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:12

You don’t have to leave the sector just clear the immediate area of the pier.Also unless my cutscene “played out” wrong you are not blowing the Freighter up but the docking connection so the Freighter can’t Load/Unload.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 09:52

Can someone provide a savegame, shortly before the situation?

MichaelSephiroth

Post by MichaelSephiroth » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 10:58

I just put 2 bombs with spacesuit (even though I still had EMP ones equipped, so it used 2 emp bombs) thrown them on the side of the docking part it shown, went back to ship 200m away and SETA'd for the right freighter, all worked fine, but that was days ago and I overwritten the save before HAT already

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:33

rboerdijk wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 09:52
Can someone provide a savegame, shortly before the situation?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp1uk7y4sly5q ... ml.gz?dl=0

Enjoy

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 15:22

Thanks for the reports. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch. If the plot is stuck in your savegame, the fix will trigger the next phase to start.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Dewar

Post by Dewar » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:42

I see in the patch notes for 3.10 "Fixed Hatikvah story getting stuck in rare situations during bomb-placing mission" yet, I did this mission yesterday after the patch and still got stuck :(

Would a save game after the mission is stuck help, or do you need one from before the mission to be able to check it?

MichaelSephiroth

Post by MichaelSephiroth » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 22:11

Dewar wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:42
I see in the patch notes for 3.10 "Fixed Hatikvah story getting stuck in rare situations during bomb-placing mission" yet, I did this mission yesterday after the patch and still got stuck :(

Would a save game after the mission is stuck help, or do you need one from before the mission to be able to check it?
Obviously you need a save before the bug happened... and it shouldn't happen next time.

MichaelSephiroth

Post by MichaelSephiroth » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 22:12

MichaelSephiroth wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 22:11
Dewar wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 21:42

Just a save game before the buggy mission would help.

TomatoAE
x4

Post by TomatoAE » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 00:33

I can confirm I am still stuck "awaiting freighter" after patch.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 12:05

TomatoAE wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 00:33
I tried after update 3.10 and no change, still cant continue with plot.

Staja Bepon
x4

Post by Staja Bepon » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 02:05

I missed getting to the freighter in time...didn't have any idea where to go (no guidance). Finally saw freighter docked at large external dock. When i get there it said I was to late and wait for another. Waited then it changes to sabotage station, showing icon to land on pad. no idea how to deploy in station walking around and no guidance.

jah
x4

Post by jah » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 17:25

TomatoAE wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 00:33
same on my side. my bombs won't explode either and I'm stuck at the cutscene after the detonition code was sent.
Edit: after I let the mission fail before I put the bombs on the pier, the mission gives me a second attempt. On the second run it worked, bombs detonated

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 03:19

jah wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 17:25
Edit: after I let the mission fail before I put the bombs on the pier, the mission gives me a second attempt. On the second run it worked, bombs detonated
Tks, I tried letting the mission fail but no change. Neither transports actually reach the dock so don't trigger the explosion.

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 13:16

It worked for me after the 3.1 patch ... maybe there are more rare conditions causing this to fail?

Saikor330

Post by Saikor330 » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 13:45

Had the same happen to me. Freighter approached, cut scene triggered and then nothing.

Anyway after a couple of days of it being stuck there i decided to board the freighter with marines (if they cant park it maybe I can? ;) ). As soon as the boarding pods launch the explosives triggered completing the mission.

This worked for me (tried it twice to be sure).

PhilRae
x2

Post by PhilRae » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:57

Hi all who are stuck on this stage. When you drop the bombs you have to ensure the bombs fall on the centre of the target for it to work! So make sure your mouse pointer and the target pointer lines up to the centre of the target before firing.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”