WHere can I find Kha'ak regularly

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hiigy10
x4

WHere can I find Kha'ak regularly

Post by Hiigy10 » Sun, 10. Nov 19, 21:11

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask whats probably been asked before (but I cannot find a good answer that doesn't lead me down a rabbit hole. I am looking for some information, does anyone have a good idea where i can find a reasonable quantity of Kha'ak for the final component i need to finish Seta.

I have managed to get plant of the other parts the only issue is getting the Damaged Singularity Engine which i understand from research drops for Kha'ak ships but i have yet to get one to drop it in hours of hunting. Aaah the joys of RNG :)
Any pointers would be appreciated :)

RainerPrem
x4

Re: WHere can I find Kha'ak regularly

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 11. Nov 19, 18:16

Hiigy10 wrote:
Sun, 10. Nov 19, 21:11
Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask whats probably been asked before (but I cannot find a good answer that doesn't lead me down a rabbit hole. I am looking for some information, does anyone have a good idea where i can find a reasonable quantity of Kha'ak for the final component i need to finish Seta.

I have managed to get plant of the other parts the only issue is getting the Damaged Singularity Engine which i understand from research drops for Kha'ak ships but i have yet to get one to drop it in hours of hunting. Aaah the joys of RNG :)
Any pointers would be appreciated :)
You can find them outside the inhabitated area of any sector. Just activate your travel drive and look at the map.

You can also get those parts from expeditions.

darkstar12
x4

Post by darkstar12 » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 10:25

the damaged singularity engine is more likley to drop from Xenon or if really lucky a lockbox or those Vaults.

Can also get them from Venture.
And so it Begins.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 19:05

Khaak ships get spawned at Khaak installations. There should be one in Silent Witness XII.

As an alternative you can try attacking a Xenon station's "mass traffic".

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 01:14

They spawn infinitely around Kahak cluster structures. There are 3 such structures, located in Matrix #451, Silent Witness XII and Pious Mists IV.

The stock count of Kahak ships will respawn immediately upon loading a save. One can abuse this mechanic to quickly farm them by loading, killing them all, saving, and repeating.

The best sectors to farm them are Matrix #451 and Silent Witness XII as these clusters seem to house a larger ship stock than Pious Mists IV. Unless Matrix #451 is controlled by TEL, there is the possibility of XEN fleets camping the cluster structure which may complicate farming and this cluster also seems to house the largest KAK ship stock so could potentially overwhelm the player. Silent Witness XII has the odd SCA ship poking it which leave the player alone. Pious Mists IV is usually heavily surrounded by PAR warships so is extremely safe for the player to farm but due to lower ship stock size less worth while. All clusters start off with destructible defence platforms protecting them, which pose minimal risk to the player (easy to kill) and will never respawn.

The most efficient way to farm KHK parts is low attention/out of sector using a wing. L ships are pretty much immune to near infinite number of KHK so a fleet of 5 Behemoth Vanguards (free boarded from SCA) can easily dispatch all the spawned KHK ships in record time. An M ship can then be remote ordered to collect all drops, and then after 30-60 minutes either ordered to drop them at the player HQ or the player can request the inventory of the captain directly. Using this method one can earn a few million in inventory wares per hour, without risk for the player. This effort is not fully autonomous, since the L destroyers will automatically kill all KHK but there is no default order to collect all drops and so 2-3 must be issued every 10-15 minutes. I have asked that such a default order be added but my request might have gone unnoticed sadly.

If you want to play the hero/hunter and get the wares personally then I recommend using an Odysseus Vanguard (one is free in Faulty Logic). Equip it will full M and L PAR Pulse Turret loadout. These have the best combination between accuracy, damage and range to make short work of KHK. Flak Turrets can kill S KHK efficiently but have issues in that their operational range is much shorter than the KHK guns so the KHK seldom allow themselves to remain in range of them for long and certainly M KHK will not be dying to Flak. L beam turrets can also work instead of L pulse. Being an L ship which has 0 shield recharge delay it is likely impossible for the KHK to ever pose a risk to you, and at worst might damage some of your surface elements. Set turrets to attack enemies, stay still to kill KHK and occasionally move around to tractor in the drops.

If one wants to dog fight KHK for items then as usual Nemesis Vanguard is the best choice. Pulse Lasers work wonders due to their great range, accuracy and heat management. PAR Mk2 shields are recommended as otherwise the constant KHK beams may wear your shield down. Always disengage when around 50% shield to allow reserve for boosting to safety.

Havocsquad
x4

Post by Havocsquad » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 20:04

The nemesis corvette from HOP is good enough bang for your credit to save your cash if starting out at the beginning by doing a bunch of safe missions and get a few miners auto-mining going while running around.

Lots of firepower, speed, and survivability if you use it right.

The frigates to me just attract enemy fire more than they dish out damage. They are nice though to land a small craft. Shame they can't do at least minor repairs of the docked small craft.

I wanted to start a fresh game and see if it is doable without mods to more rapidly build my station economy using my own transports with multiple sites instead of a megacomplex.

If you plan to make enemies of the HOP, buy all their good ship blueprints before you do.

zbig281
x4

Post by zbig281 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 18:55

KHK ships appear almost everywhere!

If one group is eliminated in a sector, another group will spawn on the other side of the sector and it's only 20km from my ship that is digging :(

KHK it will never disappear from the sector

This is probably their biggest defense base
https://i.imgur.com/v3r8TUW.png
I look at the map and see a KHK ship suddenly appears in the sector. Yes, of shit
https://i.imgur.com/agbVrE5.png
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 15. Dec 21, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”