Found a weird formation...

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Yokubou

Found a weird formation...

Post by Yokubou » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 01:14

I found this while exploring Grand Exchange I

https://i.imgur.com/PxZra1d.jpg

Any clues on what it is supposed to be? Was it supposed to be used for the plot line?

When I highlight it it seems to be made up of multiple asteroids, these asteroids seem to be scripted since they are irregular shaped as well as not having crystals. I put out a resource probe and it seems the yellow cloud is Hydrogen gas.

For those who want to see if they can find it in their game, it's far south east.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Found a weird formation...

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 10:16

Hi,

this is one of the many artifacts taken from X:Rebirth. In that case it's the "Lost Split Station", which is integrated in this weird asteroid.

Others include:

Aquaeducts
Spear-shaped asteroids.

It seems to have no function at the moment.

cu
Rainer

Jean Pagette
x4

Post by Jean Pagette » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 23:58

if your patient you can actually destroy section if not the whole eyesore just by shooting the individual sections.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 11:42

I thought cool, Aliens Pods have evolved :wink: when I first saw them.

Given the limited unique features within the universe, I hope they use them later for more story elements or such

Kintanar
x4

Post by Kintanar » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 03:17

Split station base structure. Perhaps is for future dlc when the splits show up.

Jeremy
x4

Post by Jeremy » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 21:24

RainerPrem wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 10:16
this is one of the many artifacts taken from X:Rebirth. In that case it's the "Lost Split Station", which is integrated in this weird asteroid.
I have a feeling it may come from even further back than X Rebirth. When I first saw this structure and the yellow cloud I knew I had been there before. To the best of my knowledge I have only played X:Beyond the Frontier before X4. I am 100% sure I never played X Rebirth and I don't recall playing X3/X2 (but that was so long ago I'm gonna give it a 90% certainty rating :) ).

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 19. Aug 21, 18:12

I only found this yesterday while starting a new save and getting antimatter cells for Boso Ta experiment !
I recall the Split station in X:Rebirth in Maelstrom but didn't recognize it since this one doesn't have any Split technology on it.

I must say it was cool to see something unique totally by chance, makes it worthwhile to explore.
Like some of you I also thought there would be a mission or something to retrieve here but nothing so far.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”