Adding Shields & Turrets to Station

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shealladh
x4

Adding Shields & Turrets to Station

Post by shealladh » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 23:05

Have noticed that module on PHQ station have slots for Shields and Turrets to be added.

Are these added once built, or do I have to make them in my station before being able to add them to each module?

lordmuck
x4

Re: Adding Shields & Turrets to Station

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 02:39

Before or even after building.
In plan build mode. If you look to the right of your screen you see a list of modules you have laid down. Built or currently planning, you can click the pencil add the turrets and shields you want. You need the blueprints for them.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 02:57

lordmuck wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 02:39
Before or even after building.
In plan build mode. If you look to the right of your screen you see a list of modules you have laid down. Built or currently planning, you can click the pencil add the turrets and shields you want. You need the blueprints for them.
Argh, many thanks.

I think I just need the blueprints then, can add them later to the station. 8)

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 03:45

yeah, thats what I will be doing soon is adding the turrets and stuff to what I have built

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 03:55

As an after thought, we should be able to not only scan a ship, but like when attacking them, select part of ship like a turret and scan with a chance of discovering a blueprint :P

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 04:11

EMP's are your friend :P Use these on modules to get 4 data leaks, once you scan them you get a very high chance for the blueprint.

I have not tried on shields or turrets yet!

I also found the Mammoth blueprint by doing this on a mammoth I did have all research finished in the PHQ. I assume it makes a difference.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 04:29

lordmuck wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 04:11
EMP's are your friend :P Use these on modules to get 4 data leaks, once you scan them you get a very high chance for the blueprint.

I also found the Mammoth blueprint by doing this on a mammoth I did have all research finished in the PHQ. I assume it makes a difference.
Was adding "other" options for the players' choices. Not sure why, but feels like that's a cheat or exploit, ie. too easy.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 15:32

shealladh wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 04:29
lordmuck wrote:

Was adding "other" options for the players' choices. Not sure why, but feels like that's a cheat or exploit, ie. too easy.
This is the only thing EMP's are for, not an exploit

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 23:49

lordmuck wrote:

AFAIK you can't get turret blueprints this way, but I have not really tried in earnest... though I can say I've EMP'd or found all the rest of the blueprints in the game. Never pay for what you can borrow in their best interest!

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 00:49

I could have sword I found a random data leak on a L shield. Or I am just day dreaming lol

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 01:15

I think the best bet for BluePrints is on Defence Modules at stations for Turrets, Shields can be found on a lot of modules as well.

Haven't tried ships for these, will be giving it a go via EVA. Most large ships have their shield /& or Turrets in a location that you can hide in for this scanning. Unless of course missile still lock onto you :evil:
lordmuck wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 15:32
shealladh wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 04:29
lordmuck wrote:

This is the only thing EMP's are for, not an exploit
Sorry wasn't saying it was an exploit, just my play style makes it feel that it is :wink:

snorrewb
x4

Post by snorrewb » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 23:06

lordmuck wrote:
Thu, 10. Jan 19, 00:49
I could have sword I found a random data leak on a L shield. Or I am just day dreaming lol
These are just regular leaks that stick up from where the shield is mounted, unfortunately.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 07:44

Just tried an EVA to a capital ship, used EMP Bomb on shields/turrets, and yes it works.

Trick is to be quick enough to EVA over, tell you ship to Fly To, drop EMP bomb/scan/obtain, teleport to ship before the missles come for you :doh:

Have tried this on both a Destroyer and a Constructor to obtain BluePrints.

Edit: Be stuffed if I know how a HeatSeeker locks onto the Space Suit. Be better if the ship you are on had Marines comes out as EVAs and shoot at you instead.

El Novato
x4

Post by El Novato » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 17:54

I have a question.

Have you tried to set the loadout of turrets after the factory is built ?

I did, i assigned the money was asking, a builder and confirmed the module changes. But when i was back at the plan build no money was spent at all. Have any of you run into this situation ?

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 11. Jan 19, 20:05

El Novato wrote:
Fri, 11. Jan 19, 17:54
I have a question.

Have you tried to set the loadout of turrets after the factory is built ?

I did, i assigned the money was asking, a builder and confirmed the module changes. But when i was back at the plan build no money was spent at all. Have any of you run into this situation ?
Still working on this update.
Been spending cash faster than Johnny Depp :gruebel: expanding my fleet.
Saving for some trading ships next up to solve the budget issues, then I'll give these ideas a shot

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”