Xenon Capital Ship ridiculous weapons :(

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Re: Xenon Capital Ship ridiculous weapons :(

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 2. May 21, 13:20

Saphyra wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 02:34
A station ...
You did reply to a thread that was last active Jan 2019, many game versions ago. Many aspects of combat and Xenon have changed since. I point this out, because it took me a while to notice that most of the discussion is probably not relevant any more.

That does not mean that the current game does not have issues. It has. They just might be different than what was discussed ages ago.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Thu, 6. May 21, 13:27

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 13:20
Saphyra wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 02:34
A station ...
You did reply to a thread that was last active Jan 2019, many game versions ago. Many aspects of combat and Xenon have changed since. I point this out, because it took me a while to notice that most of the discussion is probably not relevant any more.

That does not mean that the current game does not have issues. It has. They just might be different than what was discussed ages ago.
They are still jokes, capital ships and xenon, when compared to previous games.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Fri, 7. May 21, 12:09

I think a lot has to do with the low resource problem which starves the xenon now.
Because of this I started to play with mods to increase astroid density and I must say. In my game there is xenon everywhere and doing a nice job.
Egosoft really has to rethink their astroid strategy.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 18. May 21, 20:48

i swear people are playing a different game than i am. Either that or they're not being honest about their game and the mods they are using. Xenon are very deadly in X4 and the Large Graviton weapons are easily best in the game. Melted an XL Aux ship in 5 seconds when it caught one right under it in front of my eyes. destroys stations and takes over more sectors than anyone if not tend to them quickly. its not fair that your saying they suck when your clearly either playing an established game with op fleets and also have experience which of course makes them alittle easier. doesn't mean is anything wrong with them. game is more than the Xenon. i got 1500 hours on Steam and i still am careful with them no matter what fleets i am with near them. ever notice the Intervention Corps get decimated over and over trying to get to Yaki Base? they are not easy!!! damn figjam post. sod off.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:57

Hawkseyez wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 20:48
Xenon are very deadly in X4 and the Large Graviton weapons are ...
True. A swarm of Xenon M/S ... well, a swarm of any M/S (but not many factions have swarms) is deadly. That is where I use "fleet" -- a Carrier to haul my swarm to eat their swarm.

True, Gravitons hit hard when they hit. However, almost anything outranges them, even by safe margin. A shot that can't reach its target is not very good.

Sure, I "cheat"; I fly my ship and I don't send other ships in harm's way (except those fighters). Yes, Gravitons would hit AI pilots -- they occasionally hit my ship too. Not because they are good, but because I'm sloppy.
Hawkseyez wrote:
its not fair that your saying they suck when your clearly either playing an established game with op fleets and also have experience which of course makes them alittle easier.
True. One player with one ship is the definition of "op fleet". I did get to that in about 150 ingame hours. I have now about 500 hours. I have more ships now, but don't use them much. The Xenon have not mounted a decent offense during the last 350 hours.
Hawkseyez wrote:
ever notice the Intervention Corps get decimated over and over trying to get to Yaki Base? they are not easy!!!
Yes, I've seen them decimated time and again, but never by Xenon. They don't get that far. Only to where I wait them ... :twisted:

Xenon have a known issue in low attention. Their I/K do not do as much damage OOS as their mighty Gravitons should be able to.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”