Locations of data vaults [COMPLETE - 2022, 5.0]

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ornias
x4

Re: Locations of data vaults [COMPLETE]

Post by Ornias » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:13

MrVBauer wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 15:58
I can't for the life of me find the one at Scale Plate Green VII, which is supposed to be +- 400km NW from the superhighway. My radar isn't picking up anything, I've even gone as far as flying around in grids and marking everything with satelites, but nothing. If someone has a screenshot of its aprox. location, I would appreciate it.
SCG VII one is hard, but it is there...
Be informed that DV's do not show up at the whole sat range!

Konradius
x4

Post by Konradius » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 18:53

Ornias wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:13
MrVBauer wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 15:58
I can't for the life of me find the one at Scale Plate Green VII, which is supposed to be +- 400km NW from the superhighway. My radar isn't picking up anything, I've even gone as far as flying around in grids and marking everything with satelites, but nothing. If someone has a screenshot of its aprox. location, I would appreciate it.
SCG VII one is hard, but it is there...
Be informed that DV's do not show up at the whole sat range!
Indeed. To get the last ones I used a mod to change sat range to 900km. And then regularly it missed a vault from 100km away...
I think there's actually chances involved, so within 5-10 minutes you might see a vault on the map. And then it disappears again unless the sat is within 20 km or so.
Anyway, with this list at least you know that there's something to find in stead of spending time on a map without a vault.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 10:36

Can someone help with the one in Holy Visions.
I have had to reload several times just to get the panels to go green. I have found five red panels, 2 on the limbs of the solar panels, 2 underneath the central dome and 1 inside a closed space when the door opened. Now I'm stuck.
There are still 2 closed doors but I can't find anything else to fix, to get them open.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:24

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 10:36
I have had to reload several times just to get the panels to go green. I have found five red panels, 2 on the limbs of the solar panels, 2 underneath the central dome and 1 inside a closed space when the door opened. Now I'm stuck.
There are still 2 closed doors but I can't find anything else to fix, to get them open.
You don't normally need to open all flaps. Just fix the data leak. Is this vault different?

The red panel inside is used to open a door containing the reward container. It is not necessary to do for the timeline entry to appear.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:45

Damn, can't find the one in Heretic's End ANYWHERE >:/

Konradius
x4

Post by Konradius » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 08:20

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:24
ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
You don't normally need to open all flaps. Just fix the data leak. Is this vault different?

The red panel inside is used to open a door containing the reward container. It is not necessary to do for the timeline entry to appear.
Are you sure you have not completed it already?
There are always several hatches that stay closed.
And be sure to check for the signal with scan mode on (shift-2)
To check if you already did it: look in the list which timeline entry gets unlocked and check if you have that one already.

GSC12pak

Post by GSC12pak » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 12:33

Konradius wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:12

9 - Silent Witness XI - E of Center, WSW of HAT Free Port
I can't find the one is Silent Witness XI. The HAT Freeport in that sector for me is already WSW of Center, so I really don't know which direction to look. I'm not getting a purple ding on the scanner either. Can anyone post a screenie of the location of this one?

Thanks,

EDIT: I finally found it ENE of the gate in the middle, not very far out. The HAT Freeport is SW of the gate in my game, so I'm guessing these ports don't always show up in the same place on a new start. So the reference to the HAT port should be removed from the location description in the top post of this thread.

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 10:48

Can't find the one in Antigone Memorial. It's supposed to be S of the Warf, but in my game there is only one lasertower south of the warf (about 35km), nothing further. I will try to scout the map if it's located anywhare else.

edit
found it, not so much 60 km s of the warf but about 60 km w of it.
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Ant1d0tE
x4

Post by Ant1d0tE » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 05:40

Thanks all for submitting
I have made google sheet with list and screenshots of each position.
Obtained all, ez :D

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 01:07

Ant1d0tE wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 05:40
Thanks all for submitting
I have made google sheet with list and screenshots of each position.
Obtained all, ez :D
Holy crap, you are the man of the day!

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 04:27

Has anyone else suddenly died , after finding the Crate at the end of opening the Data Vault at Grand Exchange I - SE of jumpgate to Nopileos'Fortune VI

Happened to me Twice while in Spacesuit looking at map and giving orders to Mining ships . Suddenly -- GAME OVER !!

Maybe a Radiation Leak !

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 06:44

Afterburnerz wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 04:27
Has anyone else suddenly died , after finding the Crate at the end of opening the Data Vault at Grand Exchange I - SE of jumpgate to Nopileos'Fortune VI

Happened to me Twice while in Spacesuit looking at map and giving orders to Mining ships . Suddenly -- GAME OVER !!

Maybe a Radiation Leak !

Yes. Spent too long in the space suit. I had it happen to me as I was repairing a Builder ship I just took off another race. lol. Very upsetting glad I have been saving while repairing. On a Side not date vaults the room with the goodies init to pick up seams to have a door. I bump into it and clipped enough to see behind it. looks like a room we are ment to be in behind said door. Anyone managed to get it to open?
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 06:24

Konradius wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 08:20
RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 08:24
ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:

Are you sure you have not completed it already?
There are always several hatches that stay closed.
And be sure to check for the signal with scan mode on (shift-2)
To check if you already did it: look in the list which timeline entry gets unlocked and check if you have that one already.
Have a similar issue with the Data Vault in Pious Mists IV, there are two Red Panels, had one last night and spent a hour going round it until it "registered" a hit, now these last two won't register as "HIT" to fix Data Leak :(

Assuming a damn with the hit register...

Shehriazad
x4

Post by Shehriazad » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 16:36

Damn the reward is underwhelming...I mean it is literally just that you filled your "timeline"...the Boron does NOTHING.

Now if he had at least some cool blueprint as reward (Boron S Fighter *wink wink*) that'd be very cool. You literally have to fly through all of the known systems and even go into the heart of Xenon Space...

And your reward is "Blubb blubb thanks mate". :[

If at least you could have the timeline unlocked permanently...so you'd only do it again on other characters to get the little caches.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 8. Jan 19, 22:28

Just found another bugged Data Vault, same issue, two panels will not trigger :cry:
Shehriazad wrote:
Tue, 8. Jan 19, 16:36
Damn the reward is underwhelming...I mean it is literally just that you filled your "timeline"...the Boron does NOTHING.

Now if he had at least some cool blueprint as reward (Boron S Fighter *wink wink*) that'd be very cool. You literally have to fly through all of the known systems and even go into the heart of Xenon Space...

And your reward is "Blubb blubb thanks mate". :[

If at least you could have the timeline unlocked permanently...so you'd only do it again on other characters to get the little caches.
Couldn't agree more.
It's a could idea for the intension of the Data Vaults, but due to less of a storyline anyway, it seems a mute point for it not being already in the log.

If it were me designing the Data finds, I'd place them in the various rooms of stations, and each sector having these snippets to discover. When it the timeline refers to a location or part not within current "verse", ie. Goners, etc, then these are to be unlocked when you find an unused Gate location as a reward for discovering this object.

Since they went so far to include on station first person views, there should be other things you can find while on various stations, either in the Manager's Office, Engineering, black market bar, or even from other locations somewhere on a station. There seems to be a lack of variation to each station and nothing is pointing to anything specific on a wharf in a Argon sector or a Teladi Sector, which is sad.

Even though you cannot claim certain ships, and there seems to be no pilots ejecting from these, there should be a small chance of these factions doing so, the reward for you, is a timeline unlock or information on the enemy. Just a thought

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 07:42

shealladh wrote:
Tue, 8. Jan 19, 22:28
Just found another bugged Data Vault, same issue, two panels will not trigger :cry:
Hi,

are you absolutely sure that you don't have already opened the same vault earlier in the game? This is exactly what happens in that case.

cu
Rainer

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 9. Jan 19, 10:29

RainerPrem wrote:
Wed, 9. Jan 19, 07:42
shealladh wrote:
Tue, 8. Jan 19, 22:28
Hi,

are you absolutely sure that you don't have already opened the same vault earlier in the game? This is exactly what happens in that case.

cu
Rainer
Yup, have two datavaults with one or two locks that won't open

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 00:01

Finished this thing... the boron chimed in... "Quite the accomplishment..." I guess the reward is to have the mission off the mission list... :P

Glasya_25
x4

Post by Glasya_25 » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 09:13

what happens when one of the datavualt is empty?
no, i did not raid it before
specificly said, the one at secont contact. i repaired all the consoles around the satelite. no static noise in scanning mode. and there was no collectable container or scannable dataleak.

is this a bug? is this supposed to happen? did i mess up something? im really frustrated by this...

sam tuca

Re: Locations of data vaults

Post by sam tuca » Sun, 10. May 20, 23:38

errorname1002 wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 21:40
Looking at the save file the remaining data leak is in "cluster_21_sector_2" this seems to be "Scale Plate Green VII" as to where it is, I think it is near the center if I understand the position correctly <position x="10.53" y="-2.346" z="-16.469"/> I am going to check it out in game right now
Excuse me... how do you find "the remaining data leak" in the save file ???
I've found all the vaults, unlocked the achievment, but it's still reported 27/28 data vaults in the "historical logs" mission briefing. So I guess, I've forgotten to save after having discovered one of them... and I'd like to avoid checking the 28 data vault again

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”