Locations of data vaults [COMPLETE - 2022, 5.0]

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ensvey

Re: Locations of data vaults [COMPLETE - 2021]

Post by Ensvey » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 23:47

For anyone stuck on the Void one like I was - it is indeed south of the southern gate, but it is also so far up on the Z axis that it won't even appear on your map if you fly under it. I finally found it by flying to the south gate, looking south, and doing a long range ping, and I saw up way up there.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 01:57

So according to the timeline, and I quote:

"In 2022 AD (-148NT) Ashizava Kazuko made a startling discovery: It was indeed possible to travel faster than the speed of light with finite energy."

In just a few month!!!!! Holding my breadth for it!!!! :-)

Seriously, thanks for this thread, this is the first time I found the entry for Scale Plate Green VII. Never was I able to do that before reading this thread!!!!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 04:13

I have a hard time in X4.2B4 locating the data vault in BHS4, until I realize that the gates in my map do not match the gates in the map given in this thread. Turns out that in 4.x, sector maps are randomly rotated at each start of the game, so my data vault in BHS4 is nowhere SSW of the center of the map!!!!! :-)

Hope this helps someone.

NB: Mine is actually SSE of the center, below the eastern edge of the mineral patch. I have been looking west :-)
Too bad, I don't know how to take a screenshot in X4. Used to be able to.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”