Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BrasatoAlBarolo
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 15:26
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 11:05

freiman17 wrote:
Thu, 14. Feb 19, 10:40
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 10:18
Everytime someone offers a "fragile extraction" mission, a free M ship spawns in the target sector.
Just accept the mission to be guided to it, then abort it and claim the ship for you.
Are we sure that this is true?

I am not all that smart, but I have been trying to test this all morning, and it appears that this is not the case.

f
"Fragile extraction" or "Fatal attraction", it's one of the two. Both are about minesweeping and, in one of them, you have to personally fly the ship back to a station: that's the kind of mission I'm talking about.

freiman17
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 21. Dec 17, 15:05
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by freiman17 » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 17:25

thanks!

MaddenBrain
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 1. Dec 18, 14:15
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by MaddenBrain » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:50

Hi guys!
Have someone found any free split ships?

L_B_P
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri, 4. Nov 05, 19:27
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by L_B_P » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 05:28

Do the EMP bomb still work on the Odysseus Vanguard, so you dont need a marine to get it ?
EMP bomb dont seems to work in my game start anymore

Then you do the guild mission and get "Fragile extraction" just cancel the mission and selll the ship or keep it for personal use. Easy way to earn money fast
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

palm911
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun, 29. Jul 07, 22:52
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by palm911 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 08:03

L_B_P wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 05:28
Do the EMP bomb still work on the Odysseus Vanguard, so you dont need a marine to get it ?
EMP bomb dont seems to work in my game start anymore

Then you do the guild mission and get "Fragile extraction" just cancel the mission and selll the ship or keep it for personal use. Easy way to earn money fast
you will get a massive rep hit if you decide to keep it,after its been captured.

(not worth it anymote)
X gamer , one at a time.

foxxbl
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat, 8. May 10, 10:31
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 10:51

MaddenBrain wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:50
Hi guys!
Have someone found any free split ships?
I analysed saves from both Split new game starts, there are no new ownerless ships than the ones posted in the beginning of the thread.
I think that fits in a big picture that the new Split starts are tough to get rich fast, but that's what we needed ;)

User avatar
kampfmoehre
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 18. Feb 07, 16:35
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by kampfmoehre » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 19:13

In a new game with 3.1 I got the Osprey during the rescue the Boron Mission, but the mission lead me to Tharka's Ravine XVI instead of Black Hole Sun IV. Haven't checked if the Cerberus is still in Black Hole Sun.
Lattenrost ist keine Geschlechtskrankheit!

AspiringAlly
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 5. May 20, 04:29

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by AspiringAlly » Sat, 23. May 20, 05:08

I had an Osprey appear, unclaimed, directly next to my PHQ, and I’m taking less than 5km. It was lined up along the axis one way whilst facing the other axis.

Mind, this is AFTER the main plot left a gorgon in my path to find (weird they never point it out), and the usual Osprey listed above has been recovered, so it wasn’t that one either.

The old, broken mission is long since fixed, and this doesn’t match those, at all.

Too bad the Osprey is so slow. It would be great to fly with them as wingmen to my Gorgon.

It was absolutely derelict. Gray icon, the same cool, special gray paint job (with the thought provoking name of “Origin Unknown”) that at ive never seen for sale but often (always?) found on derelicts. The process to take it manually was the same as for the other Osprey (as well as the other medium to small ships). Everything quality of them I can think of matches the ones in this list, except that I’m 95% sure it wasn’t there in the beginning.

Correlation is not causation, so it’s hard to tell if something triggered a derelict to spawn, and I’ve no idea when it appeared, except that it was def after the Hub starting to produce energy and some amount of early research collected, so I don’t even know which event *correlate”

Anyone have any theories?
I don’t have left any saves from that long ago, sadly, but I do still have both Ospreys. The derelict came with all Split parts on it. I know that’s weird and likely meaningless, but it felt worth sayin. It just didn’t fit anywhere else. Also I started with the weaker of the two starts that pretend you’re part of ALI (even though they only name you a member at rank ten, and that title doesn’t do anything special I can find). I digress

leoriq
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed, 20. Mar 13, 07:42
x3ap

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by leoriq » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 12:47

I wonder if one can spawn PHQ plot from Split station to receive free Cobra

dtpsprt
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 01:58

leoriq wrote:
Fri, 12. Jun 20, 12:47
I wonder if one can spawn PHQ plot from Split station to receive free Cobra
Did it many times... besides it a nice way to get out of Split space and into the heart of the "old worlds" with a ship (at least) worth it's salt. It just gives random Gorgon, Cerberus or Osprey

EDIT: Since we are in the "Spoilers" section, you get a Cobra as "part" of the Split storyline after the Hatikvah plot.

Elvis Aphtee
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 9. May 20, 17:28
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Elvis Aphtee » Wed, 24. Jun 20, 23:09

Hi there. Anyone know if this list is still current in 3.2? Tried hunting down the first Elite Vanguard in my game but it was nowhere to be found. Does it depend on if there's a mission on or not?

dtpsprt
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 00:44

Elvis Aphtee wrote:
Wed, 24. Jun 20, 23:09
Hi there. Anyone know if this list is still current in 3.2? Tried hunting down the first Elite Vanguard in my game but it was nowhere to be found. Does it depend on if there's a mission on or not?
The list up to the Odysseus is correct. Furthermore these are the ONLY abandoned ships. You also get (as a bonus) a corvette when you execute the "Escape Plan" in the PHQ (Boron) plot which one depends on the original owner of the system, so it's Cerberus for ARG/ANT, Gorgon for PAR/HOP and Osprey for TEL/MIN. The addition of the Split DLC did not bring another one so in ZYA/FRF space you get randomly one of the three above...

The ships you see on the list after the Odysseus are these and, of course they can appear, almost, everywhere, it's just that the players did not associate them with the mission. Also ships "appear" when you get the "Obstacles" missions either from the ANT guild or the TEL guild, these are inside a minefield and you are supposed to get them out and deliver them. If you decide to keep them (cancelling the mission or letting it run out of time or landing in another station than the one you have to) you get a rep hit of -3 with the faction.

EDIT: The Elite you refer is in Grand Exchange I and it is extremely up, close to the corner of the hexagon and also extremely high...
Spoiler
Show
You'll know you are close to it when you see Xenon fighting either SCA or Khaak or Khaak fighting SCA. A good fighter (Perseus and above) can clear the scene so you can retrieve it.
Spoiler
Show
Same (but extremely down) goes for the courier too.
Spoiler
Show
The Drill is in a danger area and if you are not extremely fast it will disintegrate and you'll die if you are in it at the time.
Spoiler
Show
The Osprey is very easy to find, near the Xenon Gate in Company Regard. It's problem is that it is too slow and you have to get it to a warf to give it some speed.
Spoiler
Show
The Odysseus is in Xenon territory that is filled with mines, the "bug" that you could get it through the airlock like the others or by using EMP is fixed, so you have to send a Marine to take it. My advise is send a Marine (keep only one in your ship, turning the others in Service crew) with at least one star in piloting (boarding skill is irrelevant as there is nobody in the ship). Just shoot it a bit for the shields to go down so the Marine's pod will land easily and disappear from there (preferably teleporting out). Tell you ship to land on the Odysseus so that they'll travel together to safety. Very easy if you do it this way... they'll reach True Vision pronto, if you stay on board prepare for the flight of your life (usually ending in your death and reload) since you will meet 2 K's that you have to dodge with their P's and M's that will be chasing you like awakened bees!!!

Elvis Aphtee
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 9. May 20, 17:28
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Elvis Aphtee » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 08:55

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 00:44
Elvis Aphtee wrote:
Wed, 24. Jun 20, 23:09
Hi there. Anyone know if this list is still current in 3.2? Tried hunting down the first Elite Vanguard in my game but it was nowhere to be found. Does it depend on if there's a mission on or not?
The list up to the Odysseus is correct. Furthermore these are the ONLY abandoned ships. You also get (as a bonus) a corvette when you execute the "Escape Plan" in the PHQ (Boron) plot which one depends on the original owner of the system, so it's Cerberus for ARG/ANT, Gorgon for PAR/HOP and Osprey for TEL/MIN. The addition of the Split DLC did not bring another one so in ZYA/FRF space you get randomly one of the three above...

The ships you see on the list after the Odysseus are these and, of course they can appear, almost, everywhere, it's just that the players did not associate them with the mission. Also ships "appear" when you get the "Obstacles" missions either from the ANT guild or the TEL guild, these are inside a minefield and you are supposed to get them out and deliver them. If you decide to keep them (cancelling the mission or letting it run out of time or landing in another station than the one you have to) you get a rep hit of -3 with the faction.

EDIT: The Elite you refer is in Grand Exchange I and it is extremely up, close to the corner of the hexagon and also extremely high...
Spoiler
Show
You'll know you are close to it when you see Xenon fighting either SCA or Khaak or Khaak fighting SCA. A good fighter (Perseus and above) can clear the scene so you can retrieve it.
Spoiler
Show
Same (but extremely down) goes for the courier too.
Spoiler
Show
The Drill is in a danger area and if you are not extremely fast it will disintegrate and you'll die if you are in it at the time.
Spoiler
Show
The Osprey is very easy to find, near the Xenon Gate in Company Regard. It's problem is that it is too slow and you have to get it to a warf to give it some speed.
Spoiler
Show
The Odysseus is in Xenon territory that is filled with mines, the "bug" that you could get it through the airlock like the others or by using EMP is fixed, so you have to send a Marine to take it. My advise is send a Marine (keep only one in your ship, turning the others in Service crew) with at least one star in piloting (boarding skill is irrelevant as there is nobody in the ship). Just shoot it a bit for the shields to go down so the Marine's pod will land easily and disappear from there (preferably teleporting out). Tell you ship to land on the Odysseus so that they'll travel together to safety. Very easy if you do it this way... they'll reach True Vision pronto, if you stay on board prepare for the flight of your life (usually ending in your death and reload) since you will meet 2 K's that you have to dodge with their P's and M's that will be chasing you like awakened bees!!!
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri, 21. Dec 18, 19:23
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 01:27

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 00:44
You also get (as a bonus) a corvette when you execute the "Escape Plan" in the PHQ (Boron) plot which one depends on the original owner of the system, so it's Cerberus for ARG/ANT, Gorgon for PAR/HOP and Osprey for TEL/MIN. The addition of the Split DLC did not bring another one so in ZYA/FRF space you get randomly one of the three above...
You get a Frigate.
dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 00:44
The Odysseus is in Xenon territory that is filled with mines, the "bug" that you could get it through the airlock like the others or by using EMP is fixed, so you have to send a Marine to take it. My advise is send a Marine (keep only one in your ship, turning the others in Service crew) with at least one star in piloting (boarding skill is irrelevant as there is nobody in the ship). Just shoot it a bit for the shields to go down so the Marine's pod will land easily and disappear from there (preferably teleporting out). Tell you ship to land on the Odysseus so that they'll travel together to safety. Very easy if you do it this way... they'll reach True Vision pronto, if you stay on board prepare for the flight of your life (usually ending in your death and reload) since you will meet 2 K's that you have to dodge with their P's and M's that will be chasing you like awakened bees!!!
The shields do not need to be shot as they have no relevance on claiming a ship at all. Once the pod is launched simply fly away and let low attention logic work.

To get it out you need to time it such that it will pass the Faulty Logic Super Highway when there are no Xenon ships in low attention. Once in the sector that has no mines it can be manually flown at travel speeds into the jump gate to safety.

If the play has time, they can just wait until HOP naturally claims the sectors as their own as the Xenon have no ability to prevent HOP from taking the sectors due to the ludicrous size of HOP assault fleets. As long as the player does not go to war with HOP they can then order the ship to safety in low attention and let it be.

Snafu_X3
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed, 28. Jan 09, 16:14
x3tc

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 27. Jun 20, 04:01

@Imperial Good: I've heard that it's no longer possible to claim abandoned L/XL (eg the free Ody) ships manually (ie /not/ using the EMP trick, that was specifically removed): you must use a marine. Some ppl have even mentioned some DEV stating this is the case, but no-one has yet provided a link that I've seen (& I don't see the change in any patch notes). Can you categorically confirm or deny this please, just so I don't waste several frustrating hrs trying to do something that was previously possible?

TVM
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Post Reply

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”