Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poopzone
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Poopzone » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 18:01

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 14:44
Poopzone wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 10:05
None of the ships listed as "abandoned" are available in my game. (I didn't need them but I was curious to check the locations). I checked out the areas to see if anything interesting (OR FUN) would happen but of course nothing was there and I just damped down my expectations for the rest of the game. :egosoft:
Oh... they are... I find then both in V3.30 and V4.0 moded and vanilla but they are "out" of sector (you need to push the sector to expand in some a bit in others more) and always a bit (or more) above/below the ecliptic. the only one that is in the sector as it appears is the Drill in The Void but it is into the dangerous zone, so if you go there onboard your ship it will start desolving (along with your ship) and there is very little to no time to claim it...
IDK what to say, other then the odysseus ship I was unable to locate anything near the other locations XYZ out to 300-500KM with 4x fast Perseus scouts. I ~think~ I'm looking in the right locations but I'm convinced now that not all of these ships spawn in each game. edit: I was actually able to grab the Drill in "The Void" in hull eating cloud no problem.

edit2: after re-entering sectors to check on these locations I have found some of the ships ARE THERE NOW and abandoned. If you're having trouble finding them I guess try back later???

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 19:29

Poopzone wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 18:01
IDK what to say, other then the odysseus ship I was unable to locate anything near the other locations XYZ out to 300-500KM with 4x fast Perseus scouts. I ~think~ I'm looking in the right locations but I'm convinced now that not all of these ships spawn in each game. edit: I was actually able to grab the Drill in "The Void" in hull eating cloud no problem.

edit2: after re-entering sectors to check on these locations I have found some of the ships ARE THERE NOW and abandoned. If you're having trouble finding them I guess try back later???
The Oddy is on the left side in Faulty Logic II a bit over the superhighway level. go to the end of the visible map, on the "expansion" of the map put an Advanced Satellite heading the same direction, it will appear.

I have caped the Drill many times but not with me on board the ship that did it. The "dissolving" effect happens only with the player IS so... when I was IS I guess I'm not fast enough to do it...

In all my games (V2.60 - v.3.00 - v3.10 - v3.20 - v3.30 - v4.00) I always found them first time around. I don't know what to say...

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 20:37

Just fyi I just created two new saves with the 4.0 & Cradle of Humanity - Terran Cadet & Project Genesis, and analyzed the saves - all 6 default owner-less ships are still there, we still have freebies accessible - no changes there ;)

Valen060

Post by Valen060 » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 04:52

foxxbl wrote:
Tue, 16. Mar 21, 20:37
Just fyi I just created two new saves with the 4.0 & Cradle of Humanity - Terran Cadet & Project Genesis, and analyzed the saves - all 6 default owner-less ships are still there, we still have freebies accessible - no changes there ;)
Did you just mine the save or did you check any of the locations. As I have been to both the Elite Vanguard in Grand Exchange I and Osprey Vanguard in Company Regard and not only does the scaling look different for the screen next to the ships. But the ships are not there. FYI I stated as Project Genesis.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 07:19

Valen060 wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 04:52
foxxbl wrote:
Did you just mine the save or did you check any of the locations. As I have been to both the Elite Vanguard in Grand Exchange I and Osprey Vanguard in Company Regard and not only does the scaling look different for the screen next to the ships. But the ships are not there. FYI I stated as Project Genesis.
The Elite, as well as the Courier and the Drill, are definitely there for the Project Genesis start. Dynamic sector scaling has changed since the screen shots where taken. The Elite is way above the ecliptic. The Courier was moved to 300 to 400 km in a straight line from the local highway exit.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 08:32

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 07:19
Valen060 wrote:
foxxbl wrote:
The Elite, as well as the Courier and the Drill, are definitely there for the Project Genesis start. Dynamic sector scaling has changed since the screen shots where taken. The Elite is way above the ecliptic. The Courier was moved to 300 to 400 km in a straight line from the local highway exit.
@Valen060 - I have mined the saves, not physically visited the locations, currently building the map of new locations with the Split save, so I can revisit all the locations from the new CoH save.
@TheDeliveryMan Thanks for the clarification. I plan to revisit all locations with the fresh save and update the screenshots with the 4.0/CoH.

Valen060

Post by Valen060 » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 17:57

foxxbl wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 08:32
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 07:19
Valen060 wrote:

@Valen060 - I have mined the saves, not physically visited the locations, currently building the map of new locations with the Split save, so I can revisit all the locations from the new CoH save.
@TheDeliveryMan Thanks for the clarification. I plan to revisit all locations with the fresh save and update the screenshots with the 4.0/CoH.
I was able to locate the Osprey Vanguard in Company Regard at the right location as you get to the edge it expands the region. So I am going to see if that works for any of the other locations.

Orrah
x4

Post by Orrah » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 19:28

Can anyone help me locate the Drill Vanguard in The Void now? Can't seem to find it with 4.0 and CoH installed.

EDIT - Scrap that. Found it literally seconds after posting this. Find Food Ration Factory I by the north jumpgate and just head directly west from there.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 14:10

Are there any new ones with the DLC , maybe in the Terran Sectors?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:13

Maebius wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 14:10
Nope... but you find one or two from plot missions (like the frigate in PHQ)...

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 07:20

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 21:13
Maebius wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 14:10
Nope... but you find one or two from plot missions (like the frigate in PHQ)...
I got 4 ships so far with the CoH plotlines. (I consider mentioning which ones to be spoilers for now, but they are really nice)

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Fri, 26. Mar 21, 21:45

Thanks for not spoilering us in the "spoilers" section.

/s
CoH does give us some ships, interestingly, a visually identical one twice but with very different attributes you will discover as you go through various missions, picking stuff up is a little more elaborate than our M-sized present during the HQ mission, although, with CoH that specific present seems to be offered in only Teladi flavour. sadly starting the phq mission in x sector resulting in x ship seems to have bugged now.

also, as we are in the spoilers section; for those sitting next to a [certain] asteroid base, wondering what to do, the asteroid has an interiour thats a little small for an m sized ship, an s sized will be able to enter, but I suspect you need to be in your suit only, for reasons that will become aparrent quite quickly.
doors closed?
no problem, as thats not the exit.
can't assign a pilot? again, there's a reason you want to be sat in the rodents pilots seat.
Thats as far as I have got with this mission so far, however, this ship is the key to getting more (and larger) later, I imagine.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 13:10

After CoH 4.00 HotPatch2, you can claim the Odysseus again by just scanning the data leak.
No marine needed, everything intact.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 11:27

Hi guys, after a 2 years :) I have updated a bit maps and gave a better pointers to locate the ships easier. Hope this will be a better help now.

Cheers,
FoxxBL

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 12:55

Indeed it is... the coordinates from the sector centre are useless (they shouldn't be but they are in X4)...

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Fri, 2. Apr 21, 14:25

I got 4 ships so far with the CoH plotlines. (I consider mentioning which ones to be spoilers for now, but they are really nice)
[/quote]

Oh sorry I thought this was the spoiler section, just saying.
:gruebel: :lol:

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 13:20

COH rewards ive found in my games are as followed...

2 moreyas (or 1 moreya and 1 katana based on choices)

A syn

A gladius and a kuroakami

its a spoiler section no need to not list off the rewards for the COH plot lines.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 15:11

I most be doing something wrong, as I can't find the interceptor in grand exchange 1. I have been all over the sector IAW the map here.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 18:28

The location of the Courier have been corrected. It isn't any longer out of map. Know you can found in to the northeast of the sector.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 18:33

i64man wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 15:11
I most be doing something wrong, as I can't find the interceptor in grand exchange 1. I have been all over the sector IAW the map here.
The Elite is on a "straight line" from where the PHQ appears (or the mark to put the ship with the 3 Antimatter Cells) to the top left corner of the hex and (most usually) out of the hex (it must expand). To help you more I'll tell you that it is on a "red" area of the map (there is one expanding on that direction).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”