Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:28

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:25
Kinda a bummer they didnt add any new abandoned ships to claim in either of the DLC's. I mean would it have been so hard to plop a few down in intresting locations? You know, to encourage exploration. The exploration category in this game is pitiful.
Not really... CoH (for all it's faults and deficiencies) awards the player with some really good ships through it's plots

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:20

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:28
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Kinda a bummer they didnt add any new abandoned ships to claim in either of the DLC's. I mean would it have been so hard to plop a few down in intresting locations? You know, to encourage exploration. The exploration category in this game is pitiful.
Not really... CoH (for all it's faults and deficiencies) awards the player with some really good ships through it's plots
Yes but the hope of finding abandoned ships or treasure is a good incentive to explore,they could build points of intrest around an abandoned ship such as ship graveyards or dense foggy areas, ion storms etc...the abandoned ship is just a reward for finding it, they could even add small stories to read about why the ship is there and what happened to it..so many immersive possibilities just waiting to be tapped. I feel like egosoft really lacks imagination lately.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Sun, 16. May 21, 16:50

Noticed you wanted a screeny, from a fresh v4.0 game, of the Courier Vanguard location in CoH.

Discovered thanks to your guide.

Hope this is usable.

PS the guidance exclamation mark is at the boundary of the unexplored map, which might help to interpret scaling and distance. Easily found by just letting your ship continue from the end of the highway without braking.

PPS Thanks Terre, sorry I was not aware there was a size restriction, here is the image reduced to the specified size and I will leave the link to the larger size.

https://i.imgur.com/TqHkJ2g.jpg
Last edited by Submarine on Sun, 16. May 21, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
bloop

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 16. May 21, 22:19

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:20
dtpsprt wrote:
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Yes but the hope of finding abandoned ships or treasure is a good incentive to explore,they could build points of intrest around an abandoned ship such as ship graveyards or dense foggy areas, ion storms etc...the abandoned ship is just a reward for finding it, they could even add small stories to read about why the ship is there and what happened to it..so many immersive possibilities just waiting to be tapped. I feel like egosoft really lacks imagination lately.
The way the sectors are made in X4 (almost infinitely expanding) makes it practically impossible to actually explore. Biggest example the Xenon Hub in Eleventh Hour. It takes 20h (real time) doing 16,000 m/sec to get there!!! Can you put this as a radius for a sphere? How long would it take (real time) to completely explore it? It would be well over two months to cover all the sphere's volume... and then move to the next sector?

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 17. May 21, 12:54

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 22:19
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:20
dtpsprt wrote:

The way the sectors are made in X4 (almost infinitely expanding) makes it practically impossible to actually explore. Biggest example the Xenon Hub in Eleventh Hour. It takes 20h (real time) doing 16,000 m/sec to get there!!! Can you put this as a radius for a sphere? How long would it take (real time) to completely explore it? It would be well over two months to cover all the sphere's volume... and then move to the next sector?
Big problem with the "infinitely expanding" sectors is sure they get bigger, but theres nothing of note outside the boundaries...i wish it would expand as it does but get more dangerous the farther you go, more xenon and khaak, pirates anything...with some cool wrecks to explore or some abandoned ships

viking42
x4

Post by viking42 » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 09:46

Hi,

The first post gives xyz Positions for the abandoned ships
However looking all over the forums and google, i'm unable to find how to first identify which x, y, z i am at, and even less how to fly to this location

any idea how to ?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 11:30

viking42 wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 09:46
Hi,

The first post gives xyz Positions for the abandoned ships
However looking all over the forums and google, i'm unable to find how to first identify which x, y, z i am at, and even less how to fly to this location

any idea how to ?
This has been my complain since the start of X4. IMHO Egosoft thinks that X games are innumerate (sometimes I get the impression that they are right) so forego the numerical in coordinates in favour of moue clicks!!! (The fact that the map flickers and moves as it expands and, of course one cannot click somewhere that is not "in the map" yet IS relevant).
Now, as far as coordinates go, always keep in mind that unlike the common convention of x,y,z being length, width and height respectively (as they are on the pseudo 2D world we live in) in X Universe space (since there is no ecliptic plane to orientate (lie... there is!) x stays as length but y goes for height and z for width!!!

P.S.1 I am well aware that directions are relative but conventions are made for a reason. If I intended to use o(obese) for width, s(stretch) for length and m(Medina Tower) for height who would be able to understand without an lengthy, timewasting and totally unnecessary explanation?

P.S.2 If you are interested in finding them see that topic in Steam Forum the relative positions are better explained there...

FluffyJadey
x4

Post by FluffyJadey » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 09:28

The drill or the hazards around it seem to have moved. After the recent patch, if you give a scout an order to explore The Void, it's a suicide order. So I quicksaved and went in myself to see if I could get it before it got destroyed. When I found it, it was just barely outside of the hazardous area. So flying over the hazards should be sufficient to get the drill without anyone taking hazard damage.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 11:43

FluffyJadey wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 09:28
The drill or the hazards around it seem to have moved. After the recent patch, if you give a scout an order to explore The Void, it's a suicide order. So I quicksaved and went in myself to see if I could get it before it got destroyed. When I found it, it was just barely outside of the hazardous area. So flying over the hazards should be sufficient to get the drill without anyone taking hazard damage.
I get it all the time sending an M ship with a capable Marine (Veteran+) to take it. If you are not in the Void with your ship there is no hazardous damage, just the damage of the Marine to take it. Just set your general options for "found abandoned ship" to "Protect" without a warning to you (check the button off), to minimize attention and when you see the "protect" icon on it (means it has found it) just look (fast), give it the order to "Claim ship for your faction", delete the Protect override and send it it's merry way out of the Void.
Step two is to tell your (now) Drill to travel out of the Void, preferably not even zooming on it in the map, and when it's done you can send the Marine back and put a decent captain on it etc etc...

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:16

Anyone more that cannot found the Osprey in Company Regard?
Have it been moved to another position?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:55

Uh ? It is exactctly where it is supposed to be.
Right on commander !

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 20:07

Geek wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:55
Uh ? It is exactctly where it is supposed to be.
Not in my current game, I'm filled the area with advanced satellites, and cannot find it. You can check the savegame is you have time.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 21:03

Interesting, I see a Teladi factory where the ship is supposed to be.
Maybe building there destroyed it.
Right on commander !

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 17:59

Now that you mention it, I remember reading something similar in the past, a NPC station was build were the ship is to be and it was destroyed. Anyway at this point I don't need this ship, was only to collet all of the abandoned ships. I'm already have an honestly gathered fleet. :pirat:

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 18:08

Pesanur wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:16
I found it a couple weeks ago on a 4.20 fresh start, starting scenario was Spear of the Patriarch if that has any influence (which shouldn't if I understand correctly).
Geek wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 21:03
As Boso said, probably the Teladi Company Science Division sold it for scraps :D
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 21:54

Submarine wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 16:50
Noticed you wanted a screeny, from a fresh v4.0 game, of the Courier Vanguard location in CoH.

Discovered thanks to your guide.

Hope this is usable.

PS the guidance exclamation mark is at the boundary of the unexplored map, which might help to interpret scaling and distance. Easily found by just letting your ship continue from the end of the highway without braking.

PPS Thanks Terre, sorry I was not aware there was a size restriction, here is the image reduced to the specified size and I will leave the link to the larger size.

https://i.imgur.com/TqHkJ2g.jpg
Thanks, I will update the guide with this!

spocksbrainrocks

Post by spocksbrainrocks » Mon, 31. Jan 22, 09:27

422 km from Grand Exchange IV accelerator
362 km from Grand Exchange I accelerator

I saw this in the OP. How am I supposed to navigate to this position?

Also what position? Where the white lines cross? Where the green ship is?
A little more info please.

Maybe a BIG RED STAR so there is no confusion.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Mon, 31. Jan 22, 18:18

spocksbrainrocks wrote:
Mon, 31. Jan 22, 09:27
422 km from Grand Exchange IV accelerator
362 km from Grand Exchange I accelerator

I saw this in the OP. How am I supposed to navigate to this position?

Also what position? Where the white lines cross? Where the green ship is?
A little more info please.

Maybe a BIG RED STAR so there is no confusion.
Where the white lines cross there's the elite.
Select 1 of superhighway accelerator as your target and then start fly north-west in the sector.
When you reach the distance from chosen superhighway accelerator use long range scanner to harvest the area. Or change to another accelerator gate and navigate that distance correct too.

I found that by myself without any hints when flied after enemies.

wildxspace
x4

Post by wildxspace » Sun, 15. May 22, 22:34

gorman2040 wrote:
Wed, 5. Jan 22, 18:08
Pesanur wrote:
Sat, 1. Jan 22, 18:16
I found it a couple weeks ago on a 4.20 fresh start, starting scenario was Spear of the Patriarch if that has any influence (which shouldn't if I understand correctly).
Geek wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 21:03
As Boso said, probably the Teladi Company Science Division sold it for scraps :D

find all exept the osprey, no station at the exact position (could delete the ship?) when i was looking for it, and i put time on this, it was not there.
The Drill in the void was not in the danger zone but just at the limit, could fly to it without pbs.
old save refreshed in 5.1 and moded like hell, 7days played when i found those ships.

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 10:38

Hi,

With regards to the Courier Vanguard in Nopileos' Fortune 2.
Mine was not where shown on the screenshot in the OP.
Mine was much further out passed the highway.
I jumped onto the highway going North-East and just shot off the end of it and out into the void and happened to come across it after the map extended a few times.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CwewWYTfjFqxsdMB9

Hope this helps.

o7

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”