Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Roeleveld
x4

Re: Abandoned/Derelict ships and locations

Post by Roeleveld » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 08:41

Roggles wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 23:03
Easiest way to locate any claimable ships in a sector or to quickly locate any stations is to use a Survey probe

Hope this helps
Survey probe?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 08:47

Roeleveld wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 08:41
Roggles wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 23:03
Easiest way to locate any claimable ships in a sector or to quickly locate any stations is to use a Survey probe

Hope this helps
Survey probe?
It comes from a mod...

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 18:25

people with mods... as usual... they forgot to mention that little bit, which makes it (for those who play vanilla ), totally irrelevant to the discussion.
X gamer , one at a time.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 23:15

palm911 wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 18:25
people with mods... as usual... they forgot to mention that little bit, which makes it (for those who play vanilla ), totally irrelevant to the discussion.
Indeed... Even if I have personally decided to ditch vanilla to the place it deserves (garbage bin) I always try to give "vanilla" guidance and solutions...

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 09:18

Besides the ships listed on the first page, have anyone found any new ships with the release of CoH DLC?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:16

i64man wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 09:18
Besides the ships listed on the first page, have anyone found any new ships with the release of CoH DLC?
There are none. During the CoH plots you get some ships but they are dependent on the plot and not abandoned from the beginning of the game in a "fixed" position...

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 21:34

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:16
There are none. During the CoH plots you get some ships but they are dependent on the plot and not abandoned from the beginning of the game in a "fixed" position...
Several people have stated that there's a Rapier free for the claiming...somewhere, suggesting it was a new ship added to this list. I've not looked for it myself though.

Scoob.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 11:02

Pesanur wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 18:28
The location of the Courier have been corrected. It isn't any longer out of map. Know you can found in to the northeast of the sector.
Thanks Pesanur, I will update the map - need to explore it with the fresh save.
Update: created 2 new fresh saves with CoH 4.0 HF3 (Teladi & Segaris Pioneers) and analyzed the saves -> location is still the same around 1 mil. x & z ( far out of usual sector bounds).
Last edited by foxxbl on Sun, 11. Apr 21, 20:25, edited 2 times in total.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 20:24

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 21:34
dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 10:16
Several people have stated that there's a Rapier free for the claiming...somewhere, suggesting it was a new ship added to this list. I've not looked for it myself though.

Scoob.
I have checked the couple of new saves created with CoH 4.0 HF3 - no new "owner-less" static ships at my side. Probably then related to the missions?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 21:45

foxxbl wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 20:24
I have checked the couple of new saves created with CoH 4.0 HF3 - no new "owner-less" static ships at my side. Probably then related to the missions?
I suspect you're right and someone mistook a mission freebie for a new static derelict.

Scoob.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 00:02

foxxbl wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 11:02
Pesanur wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 18:28
The location of the Courier have been corrected. It isn't any longer out of map. Know you can found in to the northeast of the sector.
Thanks Pesanur, I will update the map - need to explore it with the fresh save.
Update: created 2 new fresh saves with CoH 4.0 HF3 (Teladi & Segaris Pioneers) and analyzed the saves -> location is still the same around 1 mil. x & z ( far out of usual sector bounds).
The Courier is really easy to find, takes about 10 to 15 minutes. You just need to hop on the local highway. At the end of the highway, do not break or change direction, you are beeing catapulted directly at the Courier 300km further out.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 22:43

How can I get the Odyseus destroyer out of Faulty Logic VII? I found the destroyer and claim it. I docked my Katana and try moving the destroyer up the boundary to get to the super highway, but around 70Km I hit a minefield and the ship won't move. Then I try going straight for the highway and got to the gate, but between the mines and the Xenon the ship won't move. I have clicked on a highway two sectors away.

Is this a bug? How can I get the destroyer out of this system?

Thanks for any advice.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 22:59

i64man wrote:
Wed, 14. Apr 21, 22:43
How can I get the Odyseus destroyer out of Faulty Logic VII? I found the destroyer and claim it. I docked my Katana and try moving the destroyer up the boundary to get to the super highway, but around 70Km I hit a minefield and the ship won't move. Then I try going straight for the highway and got to the gate, but between the mines and the Xenon the ship won't move. I have clicked on a highway two sectors away.

Thanks for any advice.
Actually leave the sector as soon as possible... the Odysseus will come out fine with an NPC pilot and you OOS (Out Of System)

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 23:07

i64man wrote:
Wed, 14. Apr 21, 22:43

Thanks for any advice.
Some things work better OOS.

I usally assign a captain and give it an order to move far north west and way above the ecliptic. At the same time I move out of the sector. Finally I tell the Oddy to move to a safe location in HOP space.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:25

Kinda a bummer they didnt add any new abandoned ships to claim in either of the DLC's. I mean would it have been so hard to plop a few down in intresting locations? You know, to encourage exploration. The exploration category in this game is pitiful.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:28

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:25
Kinda a bummer they didnt add any new abandoned ships to claim in either of the DLC's. I mean would it have been so hard to plop a few down in intresting locations? You know, to encourage exploration. The exploration category in this game is pitiful.
Not really... CoH (for all it's faults and deficiencies) awards the player with some really good ships through it's plots

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:20

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 08:28
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Not really... CoH (for all it's faults and deficiencies) awards the player with some really good ships through it's plots
Yes but the hope of finding abandoned ships or treasure is a good incentive to explore,they could build points of intrest around an abandoned ship such as ship graveyards or dense foggy areas, ion storms etc...the abandoned ship is just a reward for finding it, they could even add small stories to read about why the ship is there and what happened to it..so many immersive possibilities just waiting to be tapped. I feel like egosoft really lacks imagination lately.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Sun, 16. May 21, 16:50

Noticed you wanted a screeny, from a fresh v4.0 game, of the Courier Vanguard location in CoH.

Discovered thanks to your guide.

Hope this is usable.

PS the guidance exclamation mark is at the boundary of the unexplored map, which might help to interpret scaling and distance. Easily found by just letting your ship continue from the end of the highway without braking.

PPS Thanks Terre, sorry I was not aware there was a size restriction, here is the image reduced to the specified size and I will leave the link to the larger size.

https://i.imgur.com/TqHkJ2g.jpg
Last edited by Submarine on Sun, 16. May 21, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
bloop

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 16. May 21, 22:19

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:20
dtpsprt wrote:
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Yes but the hope of finding abandoned ships or treasure is a good incentive to explore,they could build points of intrest around an abandoned ship such as ship graveyards or dense foggy areas, ion storms etc...the abandoned ship is just a reward for finding it, they could even add small stories to read about why the ship is there and what happened to it..so many immersive possibilities just waiting to be tapped. I feel like egosoft really lacks imagination lately.
The way the sectors are made in X4 (almost infinitely expanding) makes it practically impossible to actually explore. Biggest example the Xenon Hub in Eleventh Hour. It takes 20h (real time) doing 16,000 m/sec to get there!!! Can you put this as a radius for a sphere? How long would it take (real time) to completely explore it? It would be well over two months to cover all the sphere's volume... and then move to the next sector?

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 17. May 21, 12:54

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 22:19
NightmareNight91 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:20
dtpsprt wrote:

The way the sectors are made in X4 (almost infinitely expanding) makes it practically impossible to actually explore. Biggest example the Xenon Hub in Eleventh Hour. It takes 20h (real time) doing 16,000 m/sec to get there!!! Can you put this as a radius for a sphere? How long would it take (real time) to completely explore it? It would be well over two months to cover all the sphere's volume... and then move to the next sector?
Big problem with the "infinitely expanding" sectors is sure they get bigger, but theres nothing of note outside the boundaries...i wish it would expand as it does but get more dangerous the farther you go, more xenon and khaak, pirates anything...with some cool wrecks to explore or some abandoned ships

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”