Antimatter Cells?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MarketDF
x4

Antimatter Cells?

Post by MarketDF » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 15:57

I've been searching the forums and other places for an answer on this, and I'm stumped.

Working on the Player HQ quest and the Boron tells me to buy a ship and load it with 3 Antimatter Cells before I can continue. However, I can't find these things anywhere. There was a splash on the screen of where they could be purchased, but as it popped up, I was distracted from my screen for a moment. Totally missed the location. I found a station with Antimatter Components, but I don't know that they are the same thing.

Anyone out there that can steer me in the right direction?

I put this in Spoilers just because it has to do with a quest line. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Playbahnosh
x4

Re: Antimatter Cells?

Post by Playbahnosh » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:06

Go to your map, fully zoom out and on the upper-right select "antimatter cell" from the ware filters and you'll see where it is.

MarketDF
x4

Post by MarketDF » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:08

I must not have discovered a station that sells them because when I do that, the list is blank.

I'll explore a bit more! Thank you!

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:18

Make sure to select the stations that sells them and not buys them.
IIRC when you get to that phase, an antimatter cell factory should automatically be revealed on your map. If not, well, tough luck, you gotta go explore a bit to find one.

MarketDF
x4

Post by MarketDF » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:35

Okay, so this is interesting.

I had been typing in to the search bar to try to find them, and any time I did so, it would come up blank. No listings on the map anywhere, in any system. I tried this with Energy Cells and the same thing happened.

However, I just realized that there is a dropdown menu for all available wares. I found Antimatter Cells in that list, selected it, and now it's showing a station that I've already discovered as selling them!

Bug, perhaps? Typing the item into the search bar does add the filter underneath it, but apparently that's not 100% working at the moment!

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:49

The dude (boron) tells you where to get antimatter cells right in the mission text... Points out the closest station that has them.

MarketDF
x4

Post by MarketDF » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:51

wizaerd wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:49
The dude (boron) tells you where to get antimatter cells right in the mission text... Points out the closest station that has them.
Like I said, I was distracted from my screen when that popped up, so I didn't get that information. =(

Thank you though, I was able to find them!

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51

MarketDF wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:51
wizaerd wrote:
Like I said, I was distracted from my screen when that popped up, so I didn't get that information. =(

Glad you found them... But I also wanted to say, going to the mission board to review the mission briefing will repeat what was in the popup you missed. When all else fails, review the mission briefing.

MarketDF
x4

Post by MarketDF » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:59

wizaerd wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:51
MarketDF wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:51
wizaerd wrote:

Glad you found them... But I also wanted to say, going to the mission board to review the mission briefing will repeat what was in the popup you missed. When all else fails, review the mission briefing.
Oh! I didn't realize it would replay those messages! I did look in the briefing, but it wasn't giving me the info I needed. Awesome, I'll have to check that out next time I run into an issue! Thanks!

Sphinx
x4

Post by Sphinx » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 20:09

:roll:
MarketDF wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:35
Okay, so this is interesting.

I had been typing in to the search bar to try to find them, and any time I did so, it would come up blank. No listings on the map anywhere, in any system. I tried this with Energy Cells and the same thing happened.

However, I just realized that there is a dropdown menu for all available wares. I found Antimatter Cells in that list, selected it, and now it's showing a station that I've already discovered as selling them!

Bug, perhaps? Typing the item into the search bar does add the filter underneath it, but apparently that's not 100% working at the moment!
:roll:

EgoSoft is using the Yahoo search-engine :(
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are Genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”