Please mark the "Gravimetric Studies" as HARD

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kryptoff

Please mark the "Gravimetric Studies" as HARD

Post by Kryptoff » Mon, 20. May 24, 06:13

Egosoft, if you insist on making Antimatter Cells so hard to find, please set the stupid "Gravimetric Studies" mission to HARD. I've been searching for 2 hours and haven't seen any Antimatter Factory.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Please mark the "Gravimetric Studies" as HARD

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 20. May 24, 07:07

Kryptoff wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 06:13
Egosoft, if you insist on making Antimatter Cells so hard to find, please set the stupid "Gravimetric Studies" mission to HARD. I've been searching for 2 hours and haven't seen any Antimatter Factory.
Can it be that you switched "mission lead" off? I've done that story part a number of times and could always buy the cells in the adjacent sector, even without having found the station in advance.

Kryptoff

Post by Kryptoff » Mon, 20. May 24, 07:22

I tried activating and deactivating the mission a few times, no indicator where to acquire the damn antimatter cells. I'm playing the "Young Gun" scenario, if that helps.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 21. May 24, 17:07

Kryptoff wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 07:22
I tried activating and deactivating the mission a few times, no indicator where to acquire the damn antimatter cells. I'm playing the "Young Gun" scenario, if that helps.
Never did that. Where is the HQ located at the moment?

db48x
x4

Post by db48x » Tue, 21. May 24, 20:41

You could always start your own antimatter cell factory; it would be wildly profitable. I have always suspected that the whole point of this mission was to highlight a common bottleneck in the AI economy that the player should consider filling.

db48x
x4

Post by db48x » Tue, 21. May 24, 20:50

Oh, and don’t forget that if the mission has a specific destination in mind but that destination is not on your map, then the guidance will not take you all the way there. It will take you to the closest sector that you have explored, then will not offer you any further guidance until you discover the gate to the next system along the route to the destination. I do not think that this mission offers any guidance, ever, because I don’t think that it has a specific destination. However, you could always try to find a friendly ship and ask them for directions. This is always available as an option over exploration. It may not be available in this case, but it is also easy to try.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Thu, 23. May 24, 12:58

Kryptoff wrote:
Mon, 20. May 24, 06:13
I just played this mission for at least the sixth time, or so. I like the mission chain (in its old form!!) for Boso Ta and the HQ.

I know the problem, sometimes you have an Antimatter Cell station in the same sector, but most of the time it is in a neighboring sector.

First: Listen to Boso Ta, he tells you where the next station is and makes it visible it on your map! Even if you never visited the sector, the station is marked and visible! The things others have said about the guidance are correct, but just by looking at the map you will find the station already visible. So - if you never visited a sector and despite that a station is visible, it will be the station you are looking for. If you never visited this sector, there will be no guidance, so you have to look how to get there, but the station is known.

If you zoom out on the map and look at the list of stations, the antimatter cell station will be in the list. One time I had a case, where the station was further away, but most of the time it is quite near.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. May 24, 14:54

Good Wizard wrote:
Thu, 23. May 24, 12:58

First: Listen to Boso Ta, he tells you where the next station is and makes it visible it on your map! Even if you never visited the sector, the station is marked and visible! The things others have said about the guidance are correct, but just by looking at the map you will find the station already visible. So - if you never visited a sector and despite that a station is visible, it will be the station you are looking for. If you never visited this sector, there will be no guidance, so you have to look how to get there, but the station is known.

If you zoom out on the map and look at the list of stations, the antimatter cell station will be in the list. One time I had a case, where the station was further away, but most of the time it is quite near.
I suspect sometimes the "reveal station" step fails. I had it in a prior play through and no station was revealed. I explored and uncovered it as I knew what sector it was in, so that sorted things for me. However, the station sometimes not appearing as it should is certainly an issue, albeit a rare one for me. If it's in the current sector it seems to always work, if it's in a neighbouring sector, that's when the reveal might not work.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”