Acquire the Erlking?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: Acquire the Erlking?

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 09:43

Nanook wrote:
Sat, 16. Mar 24, 04:30
Mr.Killer wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 23:16
Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 15. Mar 24, 12:22
You can build an Erlking from a blueprint after PHQ research which unlocks only if you lose the Erlking you already owned. You were intended to only ever have one at any one time.
Weird rule: Oh, you have blueprints, however cheaply aquired, but you can only make one of them. Is hardly a blue print, more a one-time lose print! :lol:
Not "one time", more like one at a time, for every time you lose it, I believe. :wink:
HUH?? So when I lose it, I can build one again?

Like a nice cup of coffee, only one fits in my cup, and only when it's empty, then I can fill it??? again???
That is somewhat a satisfying thought, but I liked my interpretation of 'blue-print / lose-print' I found it a witty remark and rather funny, but Nanook, I hope you are right.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 11:19

This sounds very awkward but at one point Boso was able to re-invent the powercore again :? , so I could build another Erlking, however, when I wanted a third, I ran into the same problem, no powercore. Looking at research and there the whole section about the Erlking was gone. :gruebel:

My question actually is: Please explain the background info about this weird behavior, please, because I really don't understand anything about this.

Thanks.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 11:27

It's simple. The vanilla game intends that the Erlking be 'special' and so is intended to prevent you from having more than one at a time. If you have two in plain vanilla then that is a bug somewhere such as a situation unforeseen by the devs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 12:31

Keep those bugs coming then, I love the power of the unforseen in our benefit :lol:

Serious though, if this is a bug, I can't really give a savegame at this point because I use the steam provided 'help' (or plainly cheat) to just make some things a bit easier. I hate to get killed in a battle if I am not the only one present but being targetted by most enemies, so my reasoning is, if they can cheat, I can too.

(This is with a lot of games, the non-AI is always a high priority target, as I have noticed over the years playing different games with bots.) (Not claiming something that needs to be changed.)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 17:50

Well, you, as the player, are the center of the universe, and the most powerful adversary. So it stands to reason you're the priority target. As in most games. :eg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”