Impossible to win high velocity even with high speed fighter.

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Impossible to win high velocity even with high speed fighter.

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 15. May 21, 23:58

Pegasus Vanguard has never failed me both times I did the mission in SV. In CoH I used the Terran scout ship and also won. MK3 engines of course, although ARG Travel with its higher speed and TER Travel with its higher acceleration are likely both viable.

Pegasus Vanguard with ARG Mk3 Travel Engines hits nearly 10 km/sec. This is much faster than 5.7 km/sec.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Tue, 18. May 21, 11:16

You need to use travel mode, not the normal combat speed.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Tue, 18. May 21, 20:50

paraskous wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 11:16
You need to use travel mode, not the normal combat speed.
absolutely. amazing you have to say that. smh.

NPSH

Post by NPSH » Thu, 20. May 21, 23:00

Gregorovitch wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 15:50
I'm sure it's possible to do it faster if you you fly a curved course at the gate such that you can enter it at full speed and avoid the dead stop (which might make it possible with a somewhat slower ship) but this is tricky. And not necessary. The Pegasus is worth having anyway, it's a really nice ride.
Learn to use 'Flight Assist: Disabled'. Go to top travel speed, aming a bit off-gate. Hit flight assist off. Your forward speed maintains as you turn. As you close on the gate, shortly before you reach it re-enable flight assist and watch the crazy turn you take right into the gate. Disable again on the other side, and aim to the finish line and re-enable. Did this with 45 seconds to spare first try, but I had been practicing.

You have no idea how life changing the use of flight assist and travel drive has been, especially for traveling quickly with large ships. I've placed nav beacons all over about 80km off of gates and accelerators to have good targets to aim at with large or extremely fast ships.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 21. May 21, 15:00

Not impossible, I've done it in the slow and bulky eclipse with no mods, just got to know how to actually pilot your ship.

oli4uk
x4

Post by oli4uk » Tue, 25. May 21, 23:20

When you exit travel mode you're automatically out of flight assist so you can drift gracefully.

I finally did it with a second to spare, in a pegasus finally, but from that particular start location it was impossible in an eclipse vanguard, even flying with a perfect boost to travel mode, perfect skid in to the gate, my eclipse was too slow by over 20 seconds.

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 17:12

For a totally spoiler option:
The Geometric Owl did the long run first time no sweat.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:36

I couldn't resist...

LMAO Pegasus
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz - GPU: Zotac nVidia GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - M.2: Sabrent ROCKET 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 24” Asus VS247NR - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G15 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 01:14

I did that first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eajAPY0yzco

About 20-21 km/sec is what a normal person will get as it becomes improbable to roll better reliably. That is with spending over 2 hours re-rolling and using the best. Of course higher will be obtained if using the Yaki variant as that is even faster, but was not available back then.

Not helpful for topic creator though since you need to pass the race to unlock the modifications required to reach such speeds.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 11:02

Speed is overrated. Did it with TER Mk 3 Travels. On a Rapier or something.
Tighter of course, but acceleration is king.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”