Segaris PIO Space Lab bugged/trading not possible unless rep 20

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xkuka
x4

Segaris PIO Space Lab bugged/trading not possible unless rep 20

Post by Xkuka » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 14:48

Got a weird Issue, none of my auto traders is able to complete trades with the PIO Space Labs in Segaris. I have a rep of 17 with PIO. Got no issues anywhere else. This is basically rendering my Trading Station in The Void, from which I want to supply Terran goods to my complex inoperable, because my traders again and again try to buy goods from there, dock, and then abort with the simple message "unable to complete trade". This happens to my S and L traders. Even a manual trade order is not executed, the trader will dock, initiate the trade, and abort.
I see many ships coming and going, but I don't know if they actually trade anything. Only one ship, an Argon L trader is sitting there with the order to dock, but is not moving for a long time while PIO L ships dock and undock normally.
I am thinking about boarding this Argon trader. But it seems unlikely this will solve the issue, seems kinda unrelated if other ships are not stuck.
Anyone an idea?

I got tater trade and factory transport, working perfectly fine as it should. But as I said above, these trades are normal vanilla station trades and vanilla ships. But even manual trade order is not working. Before I had a tater trader fleet operating in the area, but I moved them because of the problem with this one station. There is nothing on my mod list I can think of to cause such a weird issue.

/edit: I boarded the stuck Argon L trader, did not solve the problem, as I expected. And I added a sector activity ban for Segaris as a workaround to keep my Station running.
Last edited by Xkuka on Fri, 8. Mar 24, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: My traders can't trade with PIO Space Labs

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:38

When I had something similar, it was an old sector blacklisting or faction trade restriction rule that I had forgotten about that was stopping the trades and making the ships show yellow failed order icons.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:39

It seems logical that something in your trading mods has affected the normal trading scripts. So your best option is to contact the mod creators in the S&M forum (or where ever) and see if something in the latest game update has conflicted with their mods. Perhaps they have a fix for it.

This seems like a mod issue, which is not an appropriate topic for this forum, but I'll leave this thread open for now to get potential feedback from vanilla players with the same problem.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

NilusBavarius
x3

Post by NilusBavarius » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 18:00

Greetingy,

By the description of the issue I would normally bet, that there's some TradeRule, BlackListing error I've made.

Maybe a somewhat weird question at that point, but does the Station in question still has cargodrones or shows all available ones as "active"?

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 15:54

I can rule out an input error as this error is in the log like 2000 times and seems to be exactly what I am troubled with.

Code: Select all

[Scripts] 41353.16 *** aicontext<order.trade.perform,0x40516a2>: 41353.159 '[Y7T] Courier Sentinel'(EJB-796, job: '') TRADE RUN FAILED! Error: ERR_CANNOT_DOCK
I have posted this on the mod page for TaterTrade as well for verification.

In a new game this happens only with random PIO/TER stations. With any other faction there are no issues.

To me it seems to be kind of an odd docking permission thing, otherwise I have no clue what could be the reason. And as stated above, manual trading order and vanilla station trade results in the same error. So I highly doubt this has anything to do with mods, rather my low reputation with these factions. With the Terrans I am still below 0.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:05

Nanook wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:39
This seems like a mod issue, which is not an appropriate topic for this forum, but I'll leave this thread open for now to get potential feedback from vanilla players with the same problem.
Well, I am not expecting Egosoft staff to help me otherwise I would post this in the technical help forum. I am transparent about using mods so to me it seems legit to ask around in the community. Why would it not? :gruebel:
***Never not modified***

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:10

Xkuka wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:05
Nanook wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 17:39
Well, I am not expecting Egosoft staff to help me...
Just to be clear, moderators on these forums are not "Egosoft staff". We're all volunteers, and gamers just like you.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:38

Nanook wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:10
Just to be clear, moderators on these forums are not "Egosoft staff". We're all volunteers, and gamers just like you.
And I appreciate your contribution. I am just confused why this forum should not be appropriate to ask for help in this matter.

And I perhaps found the reason for the issue. At least partly. In case of Terran station it must be my low reputation and the fact I am trying to trade in restricted sectors. Worked before, now it seems to just deny the docking.

But I am not sure entirely, I will do a little more testing. As this happened to the PIO Lab which should not be blocked by restrictions like that.
***Never not modified***

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:46

Xkuka wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:38
I am just confused why this forum should not be appropriate to ask for help in this matter.
Because discussing issues associated with modified games in the main forum causes confusion for players, especially new ones, who are not using those mods. I know you think the problems you're running into are not mod-related, but that is the most likely explanation. If you're using mods then any problems you run into should generally be discussed in the Scripts and Modding forum, until such time as they are proven not to be mod issues by reproducing them in an unmodified game.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 17:03

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 24, 16:46
If you're using mods then any problems you run into should generally be discussed in the Scripts and Modding forum, until such time as they are proven not to be mod issues by reproducing them in an unmodified game.
Then I apologize, would you please move this thread to the respective forum?

But I also kind of confirmed that at least the trouble with the Terran stations is simply the rank restriction as I could trade the cargo my ships could not sell at Moon stations over at Jupiter. And that seems to be new as I never had issues with trading in for the player restricted sectors with auto trade as soon as the Terran faction turned blue, and I used this to increase my standing via trading.
However, that does not explain why I had a problem with one PIO station. I can only think of a bugged friend/foe thing, like as the station was hostile to me but or something. Maybe it was at some point. I had cases where a station I had no ship nearby went red, but turned blue again after a while. But to figure this out I would need to have a vanilla save I could send the devs.

So again, the initial post was related to the PIO lab which is still not clear. The thing with the Terran station seem to be clear now and perhaps just my own oversight. It could be more clear though that docking for player AI ships is forbidden instead of allowing to queue a trade and then block it at the docking process.But then again, the fact that this actually logs an error might hint at an issue that should be resolved by the devs, because at this point it is very unlikely this has anything to do with trading mods. They simply don't mess with code on the level of docking permissions.
***Never not modified***

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 17:16

Xkuka wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 24, 17:03
...would you please move this thread to the respective forum?
Done. :)

Xkuka
x4

Re: My ships can't trade/dock with random stations

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 17:46

Meanwhile I have set my trading fleet to exclude the restricted Terran sectors and included the PIO sectors. I have no trouble now trading with any station. So from here I am pretty sure that this is no mod issue. The thing I had with the PIO Spacelab must have been an odd friend/foe bug. And the restriction with the Terran stations is a thing the devs could make a little more clear, or even prevent the ability to queue trades with these stations in the first place if they don't want the players to cheese the system.
***Never not modified***

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Mar 24, 22:27

This isn't much help but it has nothing to do with tater. The mod uses vanilla trade perform script and is already more strict than vanilla trade script on what stations it will consider.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 13:41

So much later in this new game, i have figured how to deal with most problems but now I can't trade with the Segaris PIO Spaclab again. I just bought some blueprints for station modules and then wanted to buy building material, wont let my traders dock. :gruebel:

Edit: I tested more, and I could actually sell stuff to the station but not buy anything. I pushed my rep with trading to 20 and then the issue was gone.
So whatever it is, with rep of 20 trading works in both ways. Very strange...

I edited the title accordingly, the other issues that were mentioned are not related.
***Never not modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”