[Question] Build Menu and "show environment" option

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NilusBavarius
x3

[Question] Build Menu and "show environment" option

Post by NilusBavarius » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 13:56

Greetings everyone,

I am currently working on a build project which integrates the superstructure of environmental assets (such as pieces of "the Aqueduct") into stations... or better described, stations into those superstructures.

Unfortunately, those are not rendered/visible in the "show environment" option of the build menu.

Is there a way to get those assets shown via simple diff-patch or is there more to it?
If the former, where could I start looking to begin with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (as it becomes quite tedious and time consuming to fine tune module placement without any visual clue).

Kind Regards,
Nilus

Dr Reed
x4

Re: [Question] Build Menu and "show environment" option

Post by Dr Reed » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 19:44

I could be wrong here but I'm sure the show environment option in the build menu only displays the Celestial objects defined in the sectors cluster.xml and since the Aqueduct is an object spawned in from the God file that is why it does not show.

Maybe it could be possible to remove the Aqueduct from the God file and add it to the sector by the use of the cluster.xml file but there will be problems with that due to the entering atmosphere thing when you get close. There might be a workaround for that which I am unaware of.

NilusBavarius
x3

Re: [Question] Build Menu and "show environment" option

Post by NilusBavarius » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 22:36

Dr Reed wrote:
Fri, 23. Feb 24, 19:44
I could be wrong here but I'm sure the show environment option in the build menu only displays the Celestial objects defined in the sectors cluster.xml and since the Aqueduct is an object spawned in from the God file that is why it does not show.

Greetings Dr Reed,

Thanks for the response! Even if you are right about the mentioned "nuisance" with burning up, you gave me a clue where to start.

Cheers,
Nilus

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”