Revive xenon via MOD or cheat?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Trajan von Olb
x3tc

Revive xenon via MOD or cheat?

Post by Trajan von Olb » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 21:24

Hi,

Until now, the Xenon were always overpowered for me (VRO, XR shipmod etc.)... But with my new game state (without Shipmod, but with VRO) it was now coincidentally exactly the opposite. At the beginning it went well, but after I had taken care of it myself here and there, it became quieter.

So far so good, but in the meantime the Xenon are almost dead. There are still red sectors, but all the shipyards that have been started are stuck in the construction status because apparently no materials are being brought there. There are also still defence stations, even if there are fewer of them... So what to do? It's getting boring without any Xenon at all, especially since I would prefer to pacify the nations through politics - that's just my style :-)

So now I want to revive the Xeons (without overpowering them) in my current game state. For this I have already tried - without success - the following with the CHEAT-MOD:

- cheated 100 Xenon-S (these mining ships) into each Xenon sector: the Xenon do not build, but use the S-ships as fighters :-(
- tried to cheat the building materials directly into the Xenon shipyards: this doesn't work because you can't add building materials for the Xenon in the cheat mod.
- cheated all possible materials into the stations: nothing happens there either, probably because they don't even have warehouses (no material transfer is shown like with other stations after the cheat)
- want to transfer the xenon stations into my possession (in order to change them afterwards): this also fails because of the cheat mod...

Unfortunately it is not possible to add any stations via cheat, there is no option.

Does anyone else have an idea? It would be enough to somehow rebuild the shipyards and - temporarily - place a bunch of battleships everywhere. But how?

Or is there perhaps a MOD that rebuilds the Xenon, but can be deactivated afterwards?

Thanks for ANswers... Don't hurry, I still have enough to do without Xenon, only in the long run I want to put the game back in order and revive everywhere where the Xenon still had places...

Greetings Trajan from Olb
Mein Traum vom Glück ist der Traum von einer anderen Menschheit. (S. Lem)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Revive xenon via MOD or cheat?

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 14:56

Trajan von Olb wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 21:24
Hi,

Until now, the Xenon were always overpowered for me (VRO, XR shipmod etc.)... But with my new game state (without Shipmod, but with VRO) it was now coincidentally exactly the opposite. At the beginning it went well, but after I had taken care of it myself here and there, it became quieter.

So far so good, but in the meantime the Xenon are almost dead. There are still red sectors, but all the shipyards that have been started are stuck in the construction status because apparently no materials are being brought there. There are also still defence stations, even if there are fewer of them... So what to do? It's getting boring without any Xenon at all, especially since I would prefer to pacify the nations through politics - that's just my style :-)

So now I want to revive the Xeons (without overpowering them) in my current game state. For this I have already tried - without success - the following with the CHEAT-MOD:

- cheated 100 Xenon-S (these mining ships) into each Xenon sector: the Xenon do not build, but use the S-ships as fighters :-(
- tried to cheat the building materials directly into the Xenon shipyards: this doesn't work because you can't add building materials for the Xenon in the cheat mod.
- cheated all possible materials into the stations: nothing happens there either, probably because they don't even have warehouses (no material transfer is shown like with other stations after the cheat)
- want to transfer the xenon stations into my possession (in order to change them afterwards): this also fails because of the cheat mod...

Unfortunately it is not possible to add any stations via cheat, there is no option.

Does anyone else have an idea? It would be enough to somehow rebuild the shipyards and - temporarily - place a bunch of battleships everywhere. But how?

Or is there perhaps a MOD that rebuilds the Xenon, but can be deactivated afterwards?

Thanks for ANswers... Don't hurry, I still have enough to do without Xenon, only in the long run I want to put the game back in order and revive everywhere where the Xenon still had places...

Greetings Trajan from Olb

I have had this happen to me too, and it will take a bit of work. However, what I do is, I use Deadair Fill which I altered to only work for Xenon. I set it to give Xenon 100% of the wares they need in their shipyards/wharfs every 5 minutes. This way they can always build new ships and you can later turn this mod off. I also use my FOCW mod to increase the amount of ships that Xenon build but only Xenon if you want the Xenon to make a comeback. Then, you have to babysit the Xenon a little bit, see if anyone is attacking them in force and maybe use the cheat mod to destroy those ships until the Xenon can rebuild. I can give you the file changes I made to deadair fill so you can have the same thing.

Just go into the md folder in the deadair fill mod and open the deadairfillv3.xml then copy and paste this code over the same area in the file

Code: Select all

<actions>
						<!-- DEBUG CHANCE VALUE -->
						<set_value name="$DAFillDebugChance" exact="false"/>
						<!-- FIND THE STATIONS -->
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" tradestation="true">
							<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>
						</find_station>-->
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" shipyard="true">
							<!--<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>-->
							<match owner="faction.xenon"/>
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" wharf="true">
						</find_station>
						<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" canequipships="true">
							<match_content class="class.buildmodule"/>
						</find_station>
						<!--<find_station groupname="$FillStationGroup" append="true" multiple="true" space="player.galaxy" functional="true" piratebase="true">
							<match owner="faction.player" negate="true"/>
						</find_station>-->
						<!-- NOTIFY OF STEP -->
						<debug_text text="'MOD: DeadAirFillv3 -- %1 -- Completed station search and found %2 stations'.[player.age,$FillStationGroup.count]" context="false" filter="scripts" chance="if @$DAFillDebugChance then ($DAFillDebugChance * 100) else 0"/>
					</actions>

Trajan von Olb
x3tc

Post by Trajan von Olb » Tue, 15. Aug 23, 00:14

Thank you very much. I will try that.

But I'd rather ask first because of the effort involved:

Will this also refill the Xenon's build storages? Because at the moment they don't even have shipyards that can produce ships...

Thank you very much for any new answers.

Trajan

EDIT: Ok, found it myself: "<match_content class="class.buildmodule"/>" seems to be what is needed. Now I just hope that the Xenon are also supplied with what Xenon build storages need, which is something different from the peoples' build storages...
Mein Traum vom Glück ist der Traum von einer anderen Menschheit. (S. Lem)

Velancy

Post by Velancy » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 23:03

With the cheat mod (and a mod that unlocks all faction relations), you can make yourself neutral with the Xenon and trade the resources their shipyards and wharves need to be built, and then go back to war with them when the stations are built.

Alternatively you can build a shipyard/wharf yourself and then transfer ownership of it to the Xenon via the cheat mod. Keep in mind that Xenon ships need ore, silicon and energy cells to be built, so you need both container and solid storage modules in order for the Xenon to be able to use your custom shipyards/wharves. The shipyards also only needs XL build modules.

I've tried both before, and it seemed to work fine for me.

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Mon, 21. Aug 23, 19:37

Or end game challenge option whith refill for xenons

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/978

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”