[MOD] RS Marine Special Training

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reisser
x4

[MOD] RS Marine Special Training

Post by Reisser » Sun, 14. May 23, 11:27

You've built an empire, have hundreds of ships, thousands of employees... you don't want to cheat, but don't have the time or inclination to scour dozens of spaceports to recruit a handful of halfway decent marines? Then you've come to the right place!

MST MarineSpecialTraining gives you the opportunity to train marines on your own ships. From greenhorns to 4-star elite soldiers. However, not in the form "Stuff 100 marines in a ship, press SINZA, go watch Netlix and when you come back, 100 super soldiers tumbled out of the back of the ship". In contrast to the last 100 "all ships faster and stronger, more money for nothing and please now" mods here, this mod is definitely not a cheat.

You need licenses for the ships, you need good trainers, various goods, credits, optionally also rather rare inventory items. There are a bunch of variables to consider so the training doesn't take forever or become a quick massacre. And good training takes time. As I said: no cheat, just another way to get trained marines. And, I think, a more entertaining one too.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 273704.png
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 958998.png
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 974275.png
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 409300.png

The Beginning:
- Licenses for MST MarineSpecialTraining are sold by faction representatives of the races (one per race up to a maximum of 10 pieces)
- A military license of this people is required. Or you set the options to ignore this and pay twice as much
- One license is required per training ship, the ship must be size L or XL[/list]
- The pilot is also the training commander and needs at least 2 stars as a pilot and 3 stars as a marine.

Options menu settings (optional)
- Training crew size: the size affects how satisfied the marines are
- Duration of a training session: the length influences how high the accident risk is
- Buying licenses even without a military license? If so (a bit cheaty) then you pay double
- Command tag on ship name?
- Overview of total / used licenses
- Various settings for reports and reports

Radio the pilot (optional)
- The pilot of the ship is also the training commander at the same time
- Get a status report about the ship, its cargo, its marines
- Have brief instructions sent to the logbook
- Give the commander optional inventory items that affect training:
- Medikits: give a Marine a second chance in a situation that would otherwise mean their elimination
 - Securityslicer: gives a marine in an event the opportunity to greatly improve their training
 - Delirium: conditions a marine in an event to a super soldier with up to 4 stars

Send your ship on a training voyage
- The ship command MST MarineSpecialTraining starts the training
- It takes water, food rations and medicine for each marine per training session
- The training level determines how far the marines can train boarding, increases dissatisfaction and accident risk, its maximum is determined by the commander's boarding
- The pay has an influence on the satisfaction and the gain in morale
- Optional: space fuel increases satisfaction and morale gain, but also the risk of accidents
- Optional: stimulants increase the learning process, but also the risk of accidents
- Optional: Weapons with live ammunition (weapon components) greatly increase the learning process, but also the risk of accidents

Supervise the training
- A training requires 4 time units to become 100% effective,
- Supply the ships with the goods they need so that the training does not break off and starts again at 0% effectiveness
- Give optional inventory items to the commander to take advantage of bonus events
- Pull marines from the ships or send new ones, but make sure that newbies at the same time high accident risks / discontent die / desert faster than 3-star marines
- Keep up to date with logbook entries or talk to the commander
- The higher the training level, the more frequent events are
- There are 20 different events with different effects on training, the ship and even the commander himself
- Find the right balance between training duration, size, optional goods that give different bonuses / penalties

Tips
- Depending on the settings, the training lasts more or less hours. So don't be too impatient, this is more of a long-term affair running in the background than one to wait for.
- The default values for unit size, duration and pay are "zero values", any deviations from this increase or decrease Values such as satisfaction, accident risk and morale gain
- It's not very advisable to send a full crew of 70 newbies to level 4 training and to hope that someone survives in the end. Rather, one should stagger the training or on different distribute ships
- Always make sure to have enough supplies on the ships, use supply ships. Manual ship commands interrupt the progress of training as well as shortages of goods
- Look at the interim reports, is the risk of accidents or dissatisfaction too high for the marines? Change things like the team size, duration of training, pay or the addition of optional goods
- Too many or too few reports and feedback? Set everything in the options menu as you like
- Pay attention to where you do the training. Not all races like ships with liquor and drugs on board
- Medikits are effective, might only be worthwhile for higher trained marines

Uninstall
- Cancel MST command on all training ships
- Radio a pilot of an L/XL ship
- Select MST Marine Special Training > MST Uninstall
- Save game, exit, remove mod, done

Tech Details
- Tested for X4 Ver.6.0
- Languages: german, englisch

Download
- At Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1101
- At my cloud: https://my.hidrive.com/share/at8rqmwee3
Last edited by Terre on Sun, 14. May 23, 18:58, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Reisser
x4

Re: [MOD] Marine Special Training

Post by Reisser » Sun, 14. May 23, 11:34

Well, finally done! But since the whole thing can only be balanced very subjectively, I have included a few options for varying the duration, learning speed, and chances of death/desertion.

What I couldn't do unfortunately:
- Store licenses as goods in the game
- Mod a "training ship" (as a "special ship" this would then give you bonuses during training) and put it in the shipyards for sale

I would have liked to do the latter, but unfortunately I haven't done it at all with ship modding so far, there was also the change to 6.0, but before I even publish the mod it'll come like this :) But if anyone would like to do so to do something - I would of course be very happy to include the query for such a ship in the mod :D

Otherwise, I'm grateful for all the tips, especially as far as balancing is concerned. The training might seem a bit harsh (it is) but I didn't want to make a cheaty mod like LearnAllTheThings - I don't like mods like that at all. X4 is way too easy as it is, why do people only want mods that make the game EVEN easier?

In this respect, this mod is only an alternative to the admittedly really annoying naval requests for stations ...
Meine Mods bei NexusMods: RS Loss Report RS Bribe for Scandata RS Colors RS Marine Special Training
Meine Mod-Collection bei NexusMods: X4 VRO Reloaded

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”