"Playing" with save files to change money / reputation / licenses...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KhorsKan
x4

"Playing" with save files to change money / reputation / licenses...

Post by KhorsKan » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 18:38

Hi everyone,

After almost 3000 hours of play, I wanted to start a new game with the "Star Wars Interworld" mod.
Of course, I don't feel like starting all over again and I want to fully test the game by "speeding up" my game a bit...

After doing some research on the net, I found out how to add money and increase my reputation with some factions (via save files).
The only problem is the licenses... I can't seem to unlock them.
Spoiler
Show
The process described still seems to be the same (pretty much), namely:
_ Add license types by searching the unzipped save file (Ctrl-F) <entries type="licenses">
_ Whatever licence you add, change the read value to "1"
_ Then look for the <faction id="player"> section and add the line (or modify it) by putting the faction name like this: <licence type="capitaleship" factions="argon antigone teladi"/>
(no need to add the faction name in the license, just the type, like this: <license type="capitalship")
Obviously, I'm stuck on this step... it doesn't work. I have the reputation at 20 but it doesn't unlock the licenses ...

Would some of you have "played" around with the save files and tried this kind of thing?

Thank you.

Scoob
x4

Re: "Playing" with save files to change money / reputation / licenses...

Post by Scoob » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 20:46

You could just do a custom start. I did one for SWI with good relations with certain factions (I appear to have been granted the licences) a small Station and some ships. While what you're talking about is of course possible via save editing, it might just be easier to set up the custom start, then save it for future play-throughs.

I did this a little while ago now, middle of last year IIRC with version 0.63 of SWI. Not tried 0.65 yet, but plan to.

KhorsKan
x4

Re: "Playing" with save files to change money / reputation / licenses...

Post by KhorsKan » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 21:23

........... :o ........... I didn't notice at all that there was the possibility to choose a custom start.

A very big thank you !

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”