Help with "Sector Patrol" mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Help with "Sector Patrol" mod

Post by Scoob » Thu, 5. Jan 23, 14:10

Hi,

I've been using the Sector Patrol mod by Assailer. It's great, and a huge improvement on the regular Patrol sector command, but I have a couple of issues I'm hoping someone might be able to help with.

Firstly, I have the GoG version of the game, so cannot download the Workshop version - I can't even comment. Not usually an issue, but the Workshop version is 1.10 and Nexus version is 1.08.

Secondly, there is a bug in both versions where, if the command is running on a player ship in the area, friendly / allied ships will sometimes randomly turn hostile, causing them to be attacked by any player ships running a suitable command - not just Sector Patrol. Very obscure bug.

I suspect the mod author has perhaps abandoned this excellent mod, before it was quite perfect. I was wondering if anyone has the ability to:

i) Snag the Steam Workshop version of the mod.

ii) Address the bug.

I know this is someone else's mod, and I'd never ask anyone to publish someone else's work. However, I suspect there are people who use this mod and have perhaps fixed the issues. There is a temp work-around someone shared on the Workshop, to fix the random attacks on friendly / allied ships.

Ideally, it'd be great to hear from Assailer themself, however I don't know if they're still actively modding X4 and may have moved on. This mod has the potential to be added to the Essential list, if this issue is addressed. If anyone did know Assailer, and how to contact them, perhaps they could official take over maintenance of this mod.

I did of course post on the Nexus site first, however, there doesn't seem to have been any activity from the author since September 2021. So, I thought no harm in asking here.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”