Can i remove those pointy bits sticking out of the station hull ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CMDR21
x4

Can i remove those pointy bits sticking out of the station hull ?

Post by CMDR21 » Wed, 9. Nov 22, 03:54

those pointy bits are so annoying,i want to remove they

Is there a mod or some other way to remove them

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .47.15.jpg

XoSPECTRE

Re: Can i remove those pointy bits sticking out of the station hull ?

Post by XoSPECTRE » Wed, 9. Nov 22, 12:42

I belive its part of model and probably cannot be removed unless you remodel entire station...

sprIder
x4

Post by sprIder » Wed, 9. Nov 22, 18:30

Basically: Yes, it is possible. And in the simplest case, you simply exclude a part of the station model, or tell the game not to represent that part. How this looks like can be shown with the Terran trading station (in Blender, just to give a basic idea). First with everything, second without the antennas. And also without some more details.

Image Image

Here I have simply hidden the part "detail_xs_main". This can also be told to the game via mod. And this would also be the way I would do it.

It is important to understand that you would have to edit every single station. And it can happen that the changed model is generated only for new / newly built stations.

CMDR21
x4

Post by CMDR21 » Thu, 10. Nov 22, 03:49

sprIder wrote:
Wed, 9. Nov 22, 18:30
Basically: Yes, it is possible. And in the simplest case, you simply exclude a part of the station model, or tell the game not to represent that part. How this looks like can be shown with the Terran trading station (in Blender, just to give a basic idea). First with everything, second without the antennas. And also without some more details.

Image Image

Here I have simply hidden the part "detail_xs_main". This can also be told to the game via mod. And this would also be the way I would do it.

It is important to understand that you would have to edit every single station. And it can happen that the changed model is generated only for new / newly built stations.
thank you very much
I recently discovered that,There are pointy bits inside the station. :evil:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”