Script for Ai building stations far back on the map

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MasterPhoenix69

Script for Ai building stations far back on the map

Post by MasterPhoenix69 » Wed, 26. Oct 22, 18:32

Hi, I don't know much about modding and i don't feel like it to learn it , i am lazy so i though i would ask :) Is there someone who could make a script to make AI have like 5% chance to build or spawn or both, some random stations waaay far back on the maps? like really far , like up to 1000 km from center or even more. It would add some effect to feeling that there are stations everywhere in the universe, just the gates are the most occupied , and it would make random enocunters outsides of the sectors more real improving overall immersion i think. maybe it's a dumb idea but i thought it would be cool :D

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Script for Ai building stations far back on the map

Post by euclid » Wed, 26. Oct 22, 22:57

Well, it's a nice idea and not new but there is a problem: As soon as you place something at the border or even further out then the map will increase its size. Moreover there is a limit how far you can place something without distorting distance data. I'm encouraging you to try it yourself. Place a station at or beyond the boundaries and see what happens ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Realspace
x4

Re: Script for Ai building stations far back on the map

Post by Realspace » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 09:09

Use my mod and enjoy stations at thousands kms towards the planets. But putting things far without logic is not doing the game a favour. My mod rethinks the spacial logic to have sense. There is an old mod that did it on the vanilla map by simply applying a 10x enlargement and it resulted in a randomness indeed. The very moment you start putting things far apart a lot of things have to be "manually" rearranged, that's what took so long to complete

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”