Docking Restrictions for XL ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moppidoo

Docking Restrictions for XL ships

Post by moppidoo » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 07:04

Hi,

I'm curious to know if it's possible via modding to restrict XL ships to only dock on maintenance bays?

If so, where/which files should I look at to do the edits?

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Docking Restrictions for XL ships

Post by kuertee » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 09:41

it could be in the order.dock.xml in the aiscripts folder.

EDIT: but it may not be. it's more likely that by the time that script is run, the destination (i.e. to a docking corridor/clamp rather than to an actual dock/maintenance bay) has already been set.
if so, you may have to edit every location that runs that script to redirect its destination to a dock.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

moppidoo

Post by moppidoo » Wed, 21. Sep 22, 03:21

Thank you @kuertee, sounds it's going to be more complicated than I can handle. Should probably turn this into a request and hope someone eventually will be interested in making it happen.

Original intention was based around logistic aspects of the gameplay, I love the fleet AUX ships aaand missile doctrines. Understandably the current X4 iterations were rather weak on these aspect in terms of balance of viability of the weapon type as well as it's logistical upkeep.

It was easy to modify the cargohold for the AUX ships to accomodate for my missile boats, but I don't want it to be overly OP and cheaty so I wanted to keep those AUX ships and XL ships for that matter only being able to be resupplied via S/M transports or landing at proper naval docks equipped to service those ships. Still cheaty I know since AI never really utilize the supply ships or any capitals for their intended purposes within a functional fleet anyway, but I guess I can just roleplay as it is by self-imposing the limitations at the very least.

YellowBelllyBlackSnake
x4

Post by YellowBelllyBlackSnake » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 07:46

I haven't tested it, but if you remove "dock_xl" from "docksize tages" in the dockingbay_gen_xl_pier_01_macro, it might stop XL ships from docking to piers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”