Script activating superhighways

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Script activating superhighways

Post by Realspace » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 19:58

Sorry guys but I've looked everywhere and this issue is not solved. It does not depend on my mod but how some script works to reveal connections to the close sector.
My mod increases distances a lot, not the superhighways btw. But they don't show in the map, aka they take long time to show up or you need to (cheat-)jump to the next sector and only then the connection appears.

If you reveal all the map and (cheat-jump-)"touch" the center of each sector, they all show-up. This is clearly regulated by some script.

I really need a direction by some script-expert modder about which scripts could regulate the show-up of the connections and expecially of superhighways, I can't find any clue :doh:

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Script activating superhighways

Post by euclid » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 16:17

I suppose set_known (see libraries > common.xsd line 17972) does not work?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Realspace
x4

Re: Script activating superhighways

Post by Realspace » Fri, 28. Oct 22, 09:34

euclid wrote:
Tue, 18. Oct 22, 16:17
I suppose set_known (see libraries > common.xsd line 17972) does not work?

Cheers Euclid
You mean I could make a script to reveal them from beginning. i did for revealing the map and sectors. So can try adding sHWs there... :gruebel:
This is quite not the best, I made that script optional to let the player discover the map or use it in second playthrough. If you reveal all sHWS that automatically would reveal all sectors too bc I put sHWs in every cluster

There should be a vanilla script that regulates how far from the player they show up, which would be the best to not kill immersion. Gates are shown on the map by long r. radar, sHWs not. This could also be the solution, adding them to objects caught by the radar. But I can't find the vanilla script doing this

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”