Question about game's refreshing after a patch is applied

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Question about game's refreshing after a patch is applied

Post by Realspace » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 21:41

I've finally corrected all the bugs in my mod but there are still some minor issues such as a duplicated gate, an object that is misplaced etc. This topic serves me also to understand what can I add to the game later, except than using MD. What happen if I move existing zones? Or add new zones

So, what is being updated in an old save if you change some things in the map? Does the engine require time? Do you have to be in another sector for the changes to be applied?

I know you can type /REFRESHMD and /REFRESHAI but is there something similar for updating the map?

Thank you

Dr Reed
x4

Re: Question about game's refreshing after a patch is applied

Post by Dr Reed » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 22:30

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 10. Sep 22, 21:41
What happen if I move existing zones? Or add new zones
I would guess that it's not possible move existing zones once they are save baked but I know there is no problem adding new zones to an existing map at any time.
Kinda like how region definitions are handled in the game. You can spawn an asteroid/gas field but once it is placed it is there to stay.

Realspace
x4

Re: Question about game's refreshing after a patch is applied

Post by Realspace » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 08:35

Thank you, yes I suspected that for regions, indeed I separated scenery (cosmetic) regions and resource regions in mu mod to have space of some changing without new game. I was wondering also avout other objects as gates, zones..what happens if I move them :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”