[Help] Forced Dependency Download in Workshop

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Grandsome
x4

[Help] Forced Dependency Download in Workshop

Post by Grandsome » Fri, 26. Aug 22, 09:09

Hello, I've had a user complain that my mod forced their game/workshop to download the optional dependencies of my mod.
I can't find much documentation on how exactly the content.xml could make this happen, and I've never witnessed it.
So I'm asking the community if anything in this content.xml could cause this behaviour:

content.xml (pastebin link)

Thank you.
End of Line.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: [Help] Forced Dependency Download in Workshop

Post by Dj_FRedy » Sat, 27. Aug 22, 09:06

Clearly all dependencies are set to 'optional="true"', indicating that they are not necessary to run the mod and therefore should not be downloaded in the first instance.

If it has only happened to one user I wouldn't worry too much, workshop is not perfect and just like any other system created by the Terran race, it can fail under certain circumstances. If you see that it happens to more users, consider putting the dependencies in the description only, after all they are not necessary and that way you get rid of problems.
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Grandsome
x4

Re: [Help] Forced Dependency Download in Workshop

Post by Grandsome » Wed, 31. Aug 22, 20:36

Dj_FRedy wrote:
Sat, 27. Aug 22, 09:06
Clearly all dependencies are set to 'optional="true"', indicating that they are not necessary to run the mod and therefore should not be downloaded in the first instance.

If it has only happened to one user I wouldn't worry too much, workshop is not perfect and just like any other system created by the Terran race, it can fail under certain circumstances. If you see that it happens to more users, consider putting the dependencies in the description only, after all they are not necessary and that way you get rid of problems.
Thank you for the reply, it seems it is some weird anomaly for that peculiar user.
End of Line.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”