[MOD] Ship Performance Differentiation

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam97531
x4

[MOD] Ship Performance Differentiation

Post by Sam97531 » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 15:28

Hi all,

tldr;
Trying to capture the X3 feel a bit more.
M/L/XL class got more shields and hull value.
More meaningful choices because as the shield and engines of the different races now significantly differ.
Weapons range AND shot speed is 50% higher.
The game plays pretty much the same, but larger ships will last longer and M-Class ships are a LOT more sluggish.

The problem I tried to address:

M-Class ships were way too fast and maneuverable. The distinction of flying an S-Class ship was lost.
M/L/XL-Class and larger ships didnt feel as tough.
While there is at least one excellent mod that tries to address above, it also makes the game a lot more strategic and less arcade or cinematic.

The goal of this mod to bring combat closer to X3 - in terms of meaningful choices and ship class identity.
I wanted to also recapture (a little bit, not overwhelmingly so), the fast split, big and thick teladi, shielded paranid and all arounder argon feeling of ships.
S-Class ships got slightly more resilient in terms of shield generator recharge speed, but the M,L and XL class got significant boost to their survivability.
Massive change to the speed and agility of M-Class ships (especially the top end ones). Flying a corvette feels very different than a heavy fighter.
Terran tech is exclusive to terran ships only and got a bit of it's own flavour, but they can also only use their own tech too.

Weapons (including turrets):
All Weapons: +50% projectile speed, +50% increased range

Ship hull and performance changes:
XL Ships: +200% hull, -30% speed
L Ships: +100% hull, -30% speed
M Ships: +50% hull, -50% speed, -40% agility
S (and XS) Ships: Terran Fighters only - Cargo reduced by 10% to 50% to indicate their more specialized combat focus. Apply 10%/5% of lost cargo amount as a bonus to the ship's speed/agility.

Engine changes (racial):
Argon: Average at everything.
Paranid: Slightly higher thrust and boost, slightly reduced travel speed.
Split: Significantly higher thrust, significantly reduced boost performance.
Teladi: Significantly reduced thrust and boost. Highest performance travel speed.
Terran: Significantly higher thrust, slightly reduced boost and travel speed.

Engine changes (engine type):
Allround: Slightly reduced boost. Slightly increased travel speed.
Combat: Slightly higher thrust.
Travel: Significantly reduced thrust and boost performance. Massively increased travel performance.

Shield S-Size specific changes (compared to their vanilla values):
Argon S-Shields: +15% Strength. Recharge Delay reduced to 10 seconds (was 12.1).
Paranid S-Shields: +10% Recharge Rate. Recharge Delay reduced to 7 seconds (was 10.2).
Split S-Shield: -15% Strength. Recharge Delay reduced to 5 seconds (was 8.9).
Teladi S-Shields: +30% Strength. -10% Recharge Rate. Recharge reduced to 12 seconds (was 13.9).
Terran S-Shields: Recharge Delay reduced to 7 seconds (was 10.2).
KHA & Xenon S-Shields: +10% Strength and Recharge Delay reduced to 10 seconds (was 13.9).

Shield M-Size specific changes (compared to their vanilla values):
Argon M-Shields: +100% Strength. Recharge of 25/50 per second (Mk1/mk2) when not being hit.
Paranid M-Shields: +75% Strength. Recharge of 66/133 per second (Mk1/mk2) when not being hit.
Split M-Shield: +50% Strength. Recharge of 100/200 per second (Mk1/mk2) when not being hit.
Teladi M-Shields: +150% Strength. Recharge of 12/25 per second (Mk1/mk2) when not being hit.
Terran M-Shields: +75% Strength (but only +50% Strength for the Mk3). Recharge of 33/66/99 per second (Mk1/mk2/mk3) when not being hit.
KHA & Xenon M-Shields: +100% Strength.

Shield XL/L-Size specific changes (compared to their vanilla values):
Argon: +150%/+200% Strength (L/XL). Recharge of 125/250/500 per second (L-Mk1/L-Mk2/XL-Mk1) continuously.
Paranid: +100%/+150% Strength (L/XL) Recharge of 200/400/700 per second (L-Mk1/L-Mk2/XL-Mk1) continuously.
Split: +75%/100% Strength (L/XL). Recharge of 300/600/900 per second (L-Mk1/L-Mk2/XL-Mk1) continuously.
Teladi: +200%/+300% Strength (L/XL). Recharge of 75/150/300 per second (L-Mk1/L-Mk2/XL-Mk1) continuously.
Terran: +100%/+175% Strength (L/XL) (but only +75%/150% Strength for the L-Mk3/XL-Mk2). Recharge of 175/300/425/550/700 per second (L-Mk1/L-Mk2/L-Mk3/XL-Mk1/XL-Mk2) continuously.
KHA & Xenon: +150%/+200% Strength (L/XL). Recharge of 125/250/550 per second (L-Mk1/L-Mk2/XL-Mk1) continuously.

Credits:
Shuulo for the amazing work and the inspiration that a lot more can be done...
Luca 's simple combat overhaul because that was a huge help learning how to mod this game
The X4 modding community on discord - invaluable. Special thanks to MoistDream, UniTrader, metame, SirNukes, DeadAir

So rather than drone on about the details, I'm just going to link the mod as the description is available on the steam page:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2716551983

I am very interested in feedback, critique, what have you... I will be doing my best to support this mod as my knowledge and comfort level doing a bit more complex changes grows.

I hope...

Thanks! :)

Sam97531
x4

Re: [MOD] Ship Performance Differentiation

Post by Sam97531 » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 19:09

Now supports XR Shippack, Axeface's Kea and Cyclops.

Fixed errors to ensure Terran Miners can use drills.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”