Feasibility question : New type of Ship equipment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Orageon
x4

Feasibility question : New type of Ship equipment

Post by Orageon » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:04

Hello all,

After a quick foray into X4 modding a couple of years ago (some personal stuff, and only peptalk released out), I fell out of it. I started playing again and some old questions came back, only this time I'd like to ask here for clues.

Is it feasible to mod-in a new kind of equipment in the game, do you think ?

Context: I was thinking about a new module that probably would be a duplicate of either a turret or a shield, but with a different behavior, in this case a support module that provide extra shield regen to all ships in the radius of effect, for example (or regular shield values boost, etc). The idea is to have the possibility to outfit a ship with a more supportive role etc.
I am not talking about even the AI using it or anything, just an equipment that runs a scripts that does its thing with shields to the ships around, but is it possible to attach such a (rather feasible in itself) script to a ship equipment ?
"At the end of the game, pawns and kings alike end up in the same box."
--
X4 - Pep Talk - Motivate your crew to boost their morale

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Feasibility question : New type of Ship equipment

Post by euclid » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 15:56

Hi,

You can only run scripts on an actor like an NPC or on a computer (there are various like board, Betty for player.computer, trade, defence) and not on any equipment.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”