Mod Request/question to map_menu behaviour tab

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

barra
x4

Mod Request/question to map_menu behaviour tab

Post by barra » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 13:03

I find myself, mainly using the Behaviour Tab of the Map Menu, because it almost shows all information at a glance, but there are some informations missing, for those I have to change the tab, which I would like to avoid!

I thought about adding the missing info on my own, but as it seems the menu_map.lua is to complex for my limited programming skills (if present at all)

So I made a mok, showing how I would like it to look.
Maybe some experienced coder finds this an interesting idea OR would like to reach me a hand, on giving me tips how to reach this goal on my own

Edit: As I understood it could be hard or even impossible to replace the existing tab, so a "clone" of the behaviour tab, in its own tab would be fine too, maybe similar to how infocenter works!?

https://i.ibb.co/16VTYFz/mok-of-X4-Behaviour-Tab.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 15. Dec 21, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Mod Request/question to map_menu behaviour tab

Post by euclid » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 18:10

It would require some substantial changes to the UI, maybe even some additional lua scripts, and I'm not sure it is worth it. My knowledge of Collada lua is rather limited but from some experience I know that it is a pain to mod.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”