[Mod Manager] I just submitted a pull request to add support for X4 to Mod Organizer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Katherine1
x4

[Mod Manager] I just submitted a pull request to add support for X4 to Mod Organizer

Post by Katherine1 » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 22:27

https://github.com/Yoosk/modorganizer-b ... mes/pull/6

I'm not sure how much anyone is interested in a mod manager but if you are, Mod Organizer has the benefits of being able to save multiple mod layouts and handle downloads and update notices from Nexus, all while mods are kept isolated from the actual physical install of the game. If you've ever played Skyrim, you probably are already familiar with it.

If you want to try it out now, it is fairly simple to add support yourself. The basic game support plugin comes with the current version of MO2 and adding support is as simple as dropping the file in the pull request into a folder. Just take the file from the pull request, go to the install directory for Mod Organizer, and drop the file into plugins\basic_games\games

kmunoz
x4

Re: [Mod Manager] I just submitted a pull request to add support for X4 to Mod Organizer

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 23:05

X4 is *really weird* about how it handles mods, in terms of the "accounting" of the stuff. For example, if you have a mod from Steam Workshop that you've downloaded but then turned OFF inside the game, Steam treats the mod as NOT being subscribed, even though the files are still in your extensions folder. If MO does add support for X4 I'm guessing it's going to take a fair amount of work for it to not break things.

X4 really needs to have a "built-in" mod launcher that can be run before loading the game, like a whole host of other games do. That would secondarily obviate the need to load the game, turn off mods, quit the game, start the game again, just to do something that effectively amounts to changing a couple lines in a text file. The advantage of a bespoke launcher would be that it would properly handle the weird way X4 deals with Workshop mods.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”